#1 2009-12-13 12:46:38

Beammeup has been officially "beamed"

Once again, moles are not welcome. We are not allowed to voice our opinions there, so you are not allowed here.

$50 says someone mentions this "beaming" on bobo's blog.

#2 2009-12-13 12:54:53

I have to say I wasn't quite finished with this person. WHy ban them? It's like the cat with the mouse, why not let us play with them for a bit?

IMO, this was not a good ban, at least not yet. I would like a little more time to watch "Scotty" crash and burn.

#3 2009-12-13 14:27:56

I don't know Larry..beammeup was clearly NOT adding anything to support "his" assertions..NOTHING..When supporter's of the "other side" come here that is OFTEN the case. Why? Well, they've got NOTHING...

Once Ms Lilly was banned, and then onsetdud..they like to feel like they came over here (albeit disagreeable) and offered friendly, informative counterpoints, but I've yet to really see that. If the administrators of this (free) forum decide that "they" aren't adding anything..and want to be proactive in booting their asses..I support them, and thank them for sparing me/us more of the same BS..Go make your case elsewhere (if you can find anywhere like this)..On the one hand they "bash" this place, but good luck finding ANYPLACE that offers what this site does..Here are what I've seen of what's offered as "alternatives" to this forum..

The "new" forum..As far as I've seen about 5 people EVER post there..and I wouldn't be surprised if many of you don't even know it exists..

Courier comment area..about the closest thing to a place where "both sides" care to interact..and basically all the "players" have decided their side, and aren't budging, regardless of the points made by either.

Bobo's "pay to play" Sunday chat..C'mon..not even in the mix..NOBODY here cares to give him a cent..it only happens on Sunday..and (I've read it)..they're all confirmed Bobo devotee's on there..NOTHING ANYONE says here is given ANY credibility ("we" all have some devious hidden purposes for doing what we do)..USELESS

My guess is "beammeup" may be a blogger I've interacted with before called "fogcutter"..if so, he can now feel he did his all out best to come here and be open minded in an effort to understand "us"..and that they were "attacked", and ultimately banned for attempting to "bring some light" to the "hateful" misinformed, corrupt bloggers here..

Hey, at least they can still read the posts here..if they're banned..more than can be said if Bobo bans you (and he has)...and over there..kiss your $$ goodbye.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#4 2009-12-13 14:46:20

Use of the words "tool" and "straw man," saying that no one here believes what they are saying, we're all just tools of vile rich power elite bastards, showing hatred towards Larry and Bob Brady...

::sniff sniff::  Does anyone else smell cream cheese?

I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm just saying, I smell a hint of chives in the air.

#5 2009-12-13 14:50:41

P.S. - In two of Ham's recent jeers (which, you ask?  I don't know I lost track there have been so many and it makes me so proud!) Ham has been referred to as a "tool" and as a "straw man."

All I'm saying is there is an odor of pumpernickel and sesame seed around here.  That's all I'm saying.

#6 2009-12-13 16:03:57

Hamatron5000 wrote:

P.S. - In two of Ham's recent jeers (which, you ask?  I don't know I lost track there have been so many and it makes me so proud!) Ham has been referred to as a "tool" and as a "straw man."

Mixie was called a tool awhile ago, too, but Mixie has never been given the coveted jeer.

#7 2009-12-13 16:24:00

As much as I dislike someone who comes in here to insult or throw backhanded compliments, they did open the door with one of their statements that needs to be addressed.

I don't remember the exact words, but it was something like "chose to throw my hat in with money" which I take as another slant towards the so called power elite.

It's interesting because not only are they wrong in how I view the the people I back, the notion that they are power elite is a simply a lack of knowledge.

It's not about money, it's about proven track record and the ability to manage a multi million dollar budget. If you were starting a business, would you hire any of the current elected officials to serve on the board or chart the direction of that business? The collective NO tells you all you need to know. Management decisions and executive level decisions need to be made by people who clearly understand the environment in which the business operates and have enough business and personnel experience to put the right people in place to execute the game plan.

It is VERY clear to me that if you stack any of our elected officials or their hires up against their records, they would be terminated for cause. That is enough for me, as an executive of a company, to "throw my hat in" with candidates that show the vision and leadership necessary to bring a new direction to our town.

SO if you want to thow backhanded statements about my education or my ability to lead or direct, you clearly haven't spent 5 minutes with me or know very little about me. I believe I am a better judge of leadership than most.

Just one last thing...It's clear that Beammeup has thrown his hat in with Bobo the Fabricator. Bobo has taken a thriving business and driven it into the ground. No office, sparse advertising dollars, and his papers are laying everywhere for free and still not being scooped up. If you want to talk to me about proven track records, you only need to look at the business model Bobo has given us and then crawl back under the rock you came out of in shame.

Now I'm off to support WFL, which DOES give money to the library and DOES adhere to the agreement crafted in the settlement! Come buy a book Beammeup, and i will sign my recipes for you!

#8 2009-12-13 20:09:17

Why ban people from this site? If you find users that you don't agree with you can simply block their post, and you don't have to read their postings.

I honestly can say that when I signed up, I did not pay attention to any of the rules regarding postings.

If there are rules and people violate them, then they should be turned off.

Having a different opinion about an issue, in my opinion should not be a reason for banning.

I have read many comments here calling people worst things than a "tool" and they are not banned.

I think if you give them a chance to get that stuff off their chest when they first sign up, let them vent, you may find that they will open up and we can get to some middle ground on an issue.

Who gives a rip what other sites do? This site is supposed to be different and above the games.

Just my opinion!

Steve

#9 2009-12-13 20:32:02

Jeb

searay240 wrote:

Why ban people from this site? If you find users that you don't agree with you can simply block their post, and you don't have to read their postings.

I honestly can say that when I signed up, I did not pay attention to any of the rules regarding postings.

If there are rules and people violate them, then they should be turned off.

Having a different opinion about an issue, in my opinion should not be a reason for banning.

I have read many comments here calling people worst things than a "tool" and they are not banned.

I think if you give them a chance to get that stuff off their chest when they first sign up, let them vent, you may find that they will open up and we can get to some middle ground on an issue.

Who gives a rip what other sites do? This site is supposed to be different and above the games.

Just my opinion!

Steve

Well Steve...... That is just pure and absolute...

common sense!!

#10 2009-12-13 20:33:02

Jeb

Forgot to add that the above is just my opinion.

#11 2009-12-13 21:00:22

searay240 wrote:

Just give them a chance to get it off their chests? This was "Jeb's" first post on 3/25/09.
Still waiting....pretty much the tone of all his posts.

Jeb wrote:

Lets see…….
With 27 posts in one thread by 5 people in 2 hours time, on a web site that proclaims to be the real purveyor of “Facts”(s) on Wareham’s politics….

A running preoccupation on how “Ragman” looks;
Various comments on the speech patterns and habits of ‘Bruce and Brenda’;
A try at Stand up comedy;
The obligatory “oh my god! first we had the clearing of the throat”;
The usual caricature assassinations ad-nausea  ;
The highly anticipated rumor push and the expected call of a conspiracy.

The main man Billw asks…

a)“Gawd damn, they actually rehearse these performances before hand?”
b)“What the fuck just happened? Did they reappoint Town Counsel?”
c)“Can they legally keep dismissing warrant articles they don't like?”

And the last question
d)“Does -anyone- here know what really transpired last night?”

FRIGGIN’ PRICELESS

A)    that would be a violation…..
B)    Yuppers….
C)    It was a discussion of Town Meeting Warrant Articles, put off as a
“courtesy” to the Fin-Com to review first. 60+ articles!!!!???
D)    You would be surprised at how many people do know the answer to
that question!  "-anyone- here know..."  That's a good one. ROTFLMAO!!!!
                    Keep 'em coming.

Take the muzzles off of your cyber pit-bulls so others may enjoy this
satirical act on the other web forums. Don't keep this talent all to your self.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/viewtopic.php?id=4898

It's more than bad words or having a "differing opinion on an issue"...and as I would clearly be one who has said worse than "tool"..I would hope that the difference is clear..maybe not. If someone invited you into their home for a party and a few only had interest in disruption, and rarely (if ever) brought anything to the party..and the homeowner decided to kick them out..Who am I to question why? They earned their dismissals..let 'em complain about it on the payfer "Bobo Blog"..(IMO)

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-13 21:50:55)

#12 2009-12-13 21:26:55

i have to agree with Steve . banning anyone is just the same as them. I hope  we are different . we can turn off anyone we do not like and not look at their posts. But to Ban for no good reason other than we don't like what they are saying is no better than BOBO. Sorry just my opinion. To move wareham forward or take it back or make it better we need everyone in town. And we all have varied opinions. We all need to talk and most importantly listen to each other the bigest problem is non of us hear what is being said.

#13 2009-12-13 21:30:03

It's not that the word "tool" is all that offensive, it's that the bagel biter is the only one who calls people tools willy nilly - just a tad suspicious. 

As far as I see, no one has ever been banned for just disagreeing.  People get banned for being insulting or trying to throw a monkey wrench in the works - being a "troll" - a person who just comes on and shouts everyone down until they give up.  People stop blogging because they figure any comment they make will just incite the troll to act like an ass.  It becomes as useless as trying to get into a debate with the drunk at the end of the bar - when he's losing, he just starts shouting louder.

#14 2009-12-13 21:40:32

I've stated how I feel. In the case of Ms. Petunia, I just put her on ignore. She was a shill for Bobo the Fabricator. This person came to prove their superiority by slinging backhand insults and suggestions of how intelligent they were. I wanted to play with them for awhile before they ultimately went back over to the Tin Foil hat club and did their impression of a laughing fool. If they don't add anything to the conversation, just put them on ignore, I've done it, it works!

I suspect they wouldn't stay long. Just like Bobo the Fabricator, they bring nothing to the table.

I do want to leave them a message. If you want to test whether i'm "fairly educated", please feel free to contact me. I doubt you will, but my email is larrynliz7259@aim.com

Do me a favor too, don't come to play games, that is for the Tin Foil Hat club, not for me.

#15 2009-12-13 21:41:29

I do see Searay & kinsailman's point..and think the "block" feature is another good thing about this site..but as you often say kinsailman..I notice a limp..and my "enemies" are revealed...a friend will approach as such, as will a foe.
...A forgiving nature is admirable..and probably something I can work on..

...and the complete opposite sentiment of beammeup's own post earlier today..

beammeup wrote:

Most of us were taught to stand up to bullies. Turning the other cheat just gets you slapped on the other side of the face.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-13 21:44:16)

#16 2009-12-13 21:59:21

Calls people tools, says everyone who disagrees with him is a vile rich power elite bastard...can't get easy everyday expressions right (it's cheek, not cheat, dumbass!), writes the wrong word, an overinflated ego...I smell cinnamon raisin.  That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-12-13 22:00:49)

#17 2009-12-13 22:01:49

Beammeup
Turning the other cheek not (cheat) BoBo can’t spell either. But turning the other cheek is not a bad thing . It does not always get you a bruise on both cheeks. Sometime your enemy comes to know that they can’t win.  We can not be turned from our path make Wareham Better for all the wealthy the poor and everyone else. We are not elite we are all the people of Wareham.

#18 2009-12-13 22:49:54

Kin, and sometimes once the second cheek is slapped and there are no more an actual conversation might take place.

I've often been told by many of you in person that what we hear is not hate but anger. An anger that has come from seeing the Town go in a different direction...well my friends the folks on the other side of the story have the same anger.and if we are to come together and unite then we have a shot at building Wareham back to the stature that it deserves. The continuous fighting will only keep us down...and allow some folks wishing for failure to succeed.

They may not bring a fancy dish to the first house party but as they become comfortable and make friends not only will they bring dessert but they may actually host their own house party.

I say let them in, this house is big enough for all of us. Just my opinion.

Steve

#19 2009-12-13 23:13:20

thank you searay
It is time for this site to be the place that all of Warham can come to and not be afraid to voice their thoughts. free of cost and  threat of being shot down. That is what I tought this site was all about. We agree to disagree. and move on. In a positive vain. i hope it can work . some of us will have to change our ways but that is not a bad thing if Wareham benifits from it.

#20 2009-12-13 23:27:40

Ham's two cents:

There is one good side in this town, us folks over here.  Then there are the selectmen, their supporters, Bobo and the tin foil hat squad - their only purpose is to spread lies and hatred and steamroll anyone who offers any disagreement.  They follow an ends justify the means approach, they have no problem crushing anyone and everyone as long as at the end of the day they get to do what they want to do.  They know they're lying, they know what they're doing is wrong, but they think it is all ok to do as long as they get what they want. 

They DO NOT want to negotiate with you.  They do not want to listen to you.  They do not want to discuss with you.  As far as they are concerned, you have 3 options - 1) tow their line or 2) shut up or 3) be destroyed.  Those are your three choices and they don't have a fourth option of "agree to disagree."

You're either with them or you're against them and that's how they see it. 

They do not want to compromise with you, meet you half way, or find common ground.  They either want you to join up with them or they want your destruction.  That's all there is to it.

#21 2009-12-13 23:43:15

Hamatron
I do not disagree with you. but if we are open and above reproch they have no way to fight back. Like turning the other cheek. we Win and they cant say we shut them off. You and I have the option to shut them offf on our own site but we win. BoBo can't say that of his site. We are free and open. not easy to do but must be done. you will learn to love it.jmo

Last edited by kinsailman (2009-12-13 23:43:56)

#22 2009-12-13 23:44:26

I'm with ya Ham..Steve & Kin, I wonder if you read through all the comments posted by beammeup, onsetdud prior to being booted..and I'll assume you're a little more familiar with Ms Lilly..but even there..did you follow along when she was finally "banned"

Is there NO justifiable reason for someone to be "banned"?

I know you both to be people who not only "talk the talk" but also "walk the walk" in the way you live your lives..The decision to ban someone isn't mine (or yours) to make. I'm just saying I don't disagree with the decision(s) in these situations.

(edited to add) After first posting this I remembered kinsailman and Ms Lilly (The Buddha comments)..was part of the the exchange that led to her "banishment"..so, obviously, Kin..you were aware of that situation.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-13 23:58:55)

#23 2009-12-14 00:11:16

How about a trial period, say between now and Christmas, no banning and see what happens.

I am sure the world will not implode and at the end of the trial this thread will hopefully mean nothing and everyone will have learned to play in the sandbox together.

If we all work together we can win. And isn't that kind of spirit what Christmas is all about? Let's be the bigger person as a site and extend a hand of friendship. I think you will be surprised at the results.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Steve

#24 2009-12-14 00:16:12

I had a disagreement with ms lilly byt did not ask that she be banned. we were discussing the problem. to a  point it got hotter than I wanted it to be but i never ask for her to be banned for the involvment with me. As a Buddist i am not  against any one. Just dont  put me down for my fellings. or anyone else's You And I get along very well most of the time and I want it to contine. We need to let everyone post what they feel with out fear. It's what they told me I was fighting for in Vetnam and they say we are fighting for in the middle east today. FREE SPEACH. BOBO does not know what that is only mn opinon like his hole paper.

#25 2009-12-14 00:18:09

Hamm

On another note, there are more groups in town that you have mentioned. There are many of our fellow citizens that are on the fence and not sure who to believe.

I have spoken with many of them and direct them to this site.How would it look it they tune in and find people are being banned for not towing the line?

Some of those people may have the same feelings and if they watch someone else get tossed we will lose them as well for fear they will be tossed as well.

I realize we don't have control over this but I think a trial period would help to make them feel welcome as well.

#26 2009-12-14 00:29:49

kin (and Steve)..you should know I have a lot of respect for you..and I know your beliefs and actions are grounded in strong faith(s)..I admire and respect that.
..and overall I agree..I have no real problem with letting whomever say whatever..As long as I am also free to respond to them in any way I so choose. If it is not in the tone that is to everyone's liking..I will say, as I've said before..I'll give what I get..
political correctness is not my goal. House cleaning is..

There are those who can't be "converted" (IMO)..but I appreciate your faith.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#27 2009-12-14 00:38:59

P Span

I am in no way recommending your responses change.Just allow their presence, you may be amazed at the results.

#28 2009-12-14 00:58:34

No two people will ever agree on this.

Between us, Commonsense and I have banned 10 usernames and their associated IP addresses. Four of the damned originate from the offices of the Wareham Courier, banished for their inexcusably rascist fuckery last April.

Here's a solution. If you are banned from the discussion, and you believe the judgement unfair, email me.

Beammeup did and we'll see where that goes.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#29 2009-12-14 01:04:42

billl w.
fare enough you are the boss. and I will abide by your discission. as long as everyone has a way to defend their actions..Cant ask for anything more.

#30 2009-12-14 01:24:29

Bill as always you come up with the solution.

Thanks
Steve

#31 2009-12-14 01:32:36

Yes, thanks Bill..

...and SeaRay, Kinsailman, Larry and Ham...and they say we agree on EVERYTHING.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#32 2009-12-14 08:43:25

While I respect all of your opinions on this issue, my position is this...

Trolls are not here to "debate the issues." Trolls are here to create distraction. They discuss things off topic to lure you away from the main issue. They are here to get you to say something they can use against you. They are here to create news and fodder for Slager. They will twist your words and use them against you.

I understand your desire to be diplomatic here, but they are not going to be swayed. Their mission is to distract and make you look bad. As the elections draw closer, there will be more trolls coming to attack any candidates that oppose the Donahue machine. Would it be healthy or productive to let them all in?

Need I remind you of the troll that made the horrible comment about the town clerk before the last election? Was that attributed to the troll? No, Slager used it against the boards, despite the fact we condemed the statement. He used it to discredit the opposing candidate. That certainly wasn't fair, and you can bet your bottom dollar something like that is in the works for the next election.

There are plenty of people here that have opposing views that are not banned, nor are they trolls. They may not agree with the majority, but they stay on topic, and don't report right back to Slager and the like.

#33 2009-12-14 13:08:13

Okay, so now I am not sure if I am going to get banned for asking (is there is a moratorium on banning or what) but I don't understand what Beammeup did that got him banned.  If asking questions causes so many problems, how are we ever going to find answers.  You all assume that because you have been watching these issues for weeks/months/years that everyone else is up to speed.  This is very intimidating - like coming to a party where everyone knows everyone else or trying to join a club that has been together for years.  You say you want to encourage people, but that's not what it feels like.

I hate to break it to you, but there are still a lot of people (not me- I know better, because I am "fairly educated" and willing to think for myself) out there who believe that if something is written in a newspaper is must be true or at least have some truth behind it.  And they vote.  I don't know how many people are buying the rag, but there seem to be plenty who are discussing his stories around town.  This website, while a good resource for those of us willing to read it, isn't doing enough damage control in the general population.   And shutting down people with questions, this "if you are not for us you are against us,"  "my way or the highway" attitude doesn't help those people who are reading this blog looking for some middle ground. In fact those are the very tactics that offend me with our current administration.  I know the BOS are elected officials and are held to a higher standard of conduct, and this is a venue for voicing opinions, but by banning people for diagreeing with you, you are not winning any points.

I am not a mole, troll, witch (although I have been called worse).  I just want to see an end to the bickering and some improvement in our town.

#34 2009-12-14 13:20:37

Bluebell,
Do you really consider what Beam did as just "asking questions"? If so, then I would encourage you to re-read the posts. I am all for giving someone a chance, but this person came in here with an arrogant attitude and statements about some of the posters that show a complete lack of knowledge.

I was against the ban, but only because I was amused by this person and their arrogance. I don't think they were here to have a conversation on the issues.

#35 2009-12-14 13:32:04

I think Bluebell has a very valid point. I too, was trying to figure out why Beam was banned.  Perhaps Commonsense, Ham, and Bill may know the identiy based on "inside" information such as the IP address and they could readily identify this person by that information as someone who might     cause potential issues due to the nature of their postings, and if so, I will defer to that knowledge.

But, I think Bluebell is on track.

#36 2009-12-14 13:34:46

OK I'll go back and re-read as well.

#37 2009-12-14 14:02:57

GWB

The only time that banning should ever happen is if the statements made are over the top like the ones made about Mrs. Silva. Furthermore it should not be one sided. IhateSlager an IhateLiz for example are often posting nasty names referring to the BOS members and Mr. Slager yet the site moderators have not to my knowledge ever even considered banning them.
      My opinion is that you can point out the mistakes of public figures without resorting to name calling. We who post here should welcome opposing viewpoints and be willng to debate those who have them. If we are not willing to do that then it makes us no better than Mr. Slager who chooses to ban people like Lizdagnome from posting on his pay-per-post site for doing nothing more than stating a strong opposing point of view compared to other posters at that site. Again it may only be my opininion but I respect alot of what is posted here and I would like to think most here are better than this.
      Let them post I think those here will be able to succesfully get thier point across and who knows those poters like Beammeup may even learn a thing or two.An example that comes to mind is PinkPanther. When she was first posting it was pretty negative. But as time went on and she actually listened to some here. She learned some things and the tone of her posts changed.
      It's not the People that support us already that we need to convince. They are already in our corner. It's the ones that don't.

#38 2009-12-14 15:06:04

bluebell, and others. Your points are well made..and taken. If the comments made were anything like yours, bluebell no problem would have ever arose, in my opinion.
Of the comments made by beammeup (in their short stint here)..the one's made toward Larry, as well as the general "statement" that "we" know which side to back because that's where we personally have the most $$ to gain, basically..were the most "offensive"..

If Bill and Commonsense are willing..I'ld suggest "inviting" beammeup, onsetdud and Ms Lilly back (if they want)..I have NO "fear" that if they raise "valid" evidence to support their claims, we can (continue to) do likewise..To me, the fact that "they" can STILL support Bobo and the BoS/Moderator, after all that's "gone on"..much of it very recently..makes it hard to believe that there's anything that'll "bring 'em around"..
But hey, hope springs eternal..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-14 15:41:40)

#39 2009-12-14 15:34:56

It's Bill's site.
If he wants to ban someone, then it's time for you to move on and create your own site that will allow "both" sides of any issues to be heard, outrageous allegations forgiven because we want to be nice and "peaceful".
They showed you time and time again before Town Meeting how they work.
They appeal to your kindness ( as evidenced by your generosity and giving at Thanksgiving and Christmas...what did they do?) and they know you don't want to be confrontational and you want them to participate.
BULLSHIT!
They hate your guts and always will and nothing you do or say will change it. They have already proven it to you.
How many times do you want to be disappointed?
Stay with each other, concentrate on a very IMPORTANT election and take back your Town.
Don"t waste time on these idiots and people who will never like or support you.
Bill W and Commonsense aren't that old...but...they are VERY wise.
CONCENTRATE on April 6, 2010.

#40 2009-12-14 15:38:18

Folks, my personal feeling is that this site has been  one of the most important and most informative news / ideas outlet that has been in this town for quite a while.  As i have mentioned before, this site has gotten me back into paying attention to the town because of the ideas that are passed around.

BUT, this site is not going to win an election for anybody in April!  WE HAVE TO FIND AN ADDITIONAL FORUM to get the FACTS and ideas out to the voters.  This site should continue to be venue where the honest and factual information can be found, discussed and built upon (meaning it continues to do what it has always done) but we need to get these ideas out of print and into words because then they are much more difficult to argue with and much clearer for tha average citizen of Wareham to hear and grasp.  It also identifies the phonies and liars that cannot support a claim or comment (i.e current BOS when there remarks are scrutinized).

Everybody remember the most important thing is APRIL 6, whihc is not far away. TAKE BACK WAREHAM!!!!

#41 2009-12-14 15:50:11

I say no to Ms Lilly. I have no use for her and her games. That's all I am going to say about her.

#42 2009-12-14 16:34:59

WHAAAAT!!!! is right.  The message needs to get get out to a larger group AND this site needs to remember that it is a resource for others who read but may not post. 

I understand that IHATELIZ  and IHATEBRENDA and others came first and are entitled to their opinions (your yard/your rules), but, frankly I find some of the name calling and insults offensive.  That doesn't mean I support the BOS or Slager, but I can do it with a more acceptable vocabulary.

AND some of this dialog has a negative effect on future candidates.  Who in their right mind would run for office and open themselves up to the abuse hurled at them by opponents?!?!  If I were ever to run for office, I wouldn't mind it if you attacked me for my policies and votes, but not my public speaking ability or the fact that I spilled something on my shirt. We are going to win in April (I cannot contemplate otherwise) BUT is whoever wins is going to be subject to some personal abuse - the site has guaranteed that.

#43 2009-12-14 17:03:59

Whaaaat is right..obviously we need to try and "get the word out" to a wider audience. Ideas?
bluebell, I know for me..it's not a case where whoever is on the BoS (or the Moderator, Town Clerk)..is going to be criticized "just for kicks"...It is the individuals currently in those positions, and their actions/track record that is being criticized..
"Name Calling" & focusing on things like the way they umm, uhhh, uhmmm speak is (I hate to say it) open and quite common in political satire. As elected public officials, it "comes with the turf"..and tolerance for it, and the definition of "offensive" is different for everyone. When people become "too careful" about what they say, I feel you run the risk that they will choose (and often do) to remain silent on many (or every) thing(s)...Read between the lines..sometimes those who say it in (what to you) may be "offensive" ways, actually have information to share that no one else does..Don't judge the book by the cover. It's funny (to me) that accusations/assertions that we are so "incivil" have become such a big issue. I consider that it's even MORE demonstrated by our Elected officials (and a certain multi media magnate)...If calling someone Brockton Brenda, Sweet Brucey, Mr. and Mrs Moderator is so offensive to you (or others) that you choose to ignore the "damage" they've done (and continue to do)..then I believe the priorities are mixed up..When "they" are GONE, I'll "play nice"..that is me excercising MY FREE SPEECH (as protected as any others)..Don't make it a popularity contest..Vote the track record (or lack thereof)...Please KNOW..I'm not trying to "attack" you, and I DO appreciate your viewpoint..thanks.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-14 23:18:47)

#44 2009-12-14 17:23:44

Oh God...Ham has walked into a kumbayah fest.

#45 2009-12-14 17:43:33

You are aware this isn't the "candidates who are running against the selectmen" website, right?

I don't remember meeting to support "our candidate"

I thought this was a truth exposing site, why let the lies in?

#46 2009-12-14 18:18:34

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Oh God...Ham has walked into a kumbayah fest.

"Up with People" on next weeks episode..

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

#47 2009-12-14 18:55:12

I have to agree with bluebell on some of their points.  I am currently a newcomer to the boards  but I have read them for quite awhile now.   I would have joined earlier but was not impressed with how some people  would launch personal attacks against others.  One of these that I can remember (I don't remember the person who posted it) focused on Pezzoli's looks and the state of her house and stuff like that.  There is obviously no need for such talk on these boards.  It does no one any good and certainly does not enhance the site in the eyes of those who may be on the fence about the political issues in this town.  The lack of this type of post in recent months has brought me to start posting on here as well.  I think it was possibly taken care of internally although I do not know if it was or not.  I like the way the site is going now with people discussing the issues at hand with April quickly approaching.  This needs to continue and the BS stuff left out.  If Bill or anyone who has the power decides that someone will not be offering anything but opposition to this goal, I support their decision to ban them so long as it isn't being used just to get rid of anyone with an opposing view.  Personally, I think the people can police those who are just being arrogant and stuff like that by blocking them (however that is done) but if the powers that be decide it is banning time, it is their site.

#48 2009-12-14 19:52:21

People who are respectful get respect in return.  People who sling shit get shit in return.

I probably don't agree with Walter Cruz on anything but as you all may have noticed, he has never been the butt of a Ham joke or a star in a Sweet Brucey cartoon.  He's respectful.  He gets respect in return.  The rest of the bloggers seem to respond to him to same way.  All I've seen about Cruz are jokes about him being "sleepy."  For politics, saying someone is sleepy is letting them off pretty light.

Cruz is a respectful man.  He gets respect in return.

The rest of the selectmen and their bitch lackey reporter, however, respect no one that disagrees with them and will steamroll over anyone that gets in their way.   They sling plenty of shit.  Nothing wrong with giving it right back to them.

The peace approach was tried and failed.  The appeasement approach was tried and failed.  Beammeup said only one intelligent thing.  People did try to turn the other cheek and the Hypocrite Elite's response was to slap the other cheek, then stomp on people's throats for good measure.

Appeasement was tried and failed.  Fighting back was tried starting late last year and it has been a success.

We can't wear kid gloves against the nasty down and dirty bareknuckle brawlers on their side anymore - not if we want to win an election against people who are all too happy to lie, cheat, and do whatever lowdown nasty despicable thing they need to do to hold on the power they seek for power's sake.

But hey, you all go ahead and invite them all over for tea and cookies if you want. 

Let me know how that works out.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-12-14 19:56:46)

#49 2009-12-14 20:30:10

I don't think that most of us disagree with the fact that the majority of the current BOS and the editor of the useless rag deserve to be hammered on this site.  My only point was that the more personal stuff had turned me off to the site at first.  The more recent talk does not bother me one bit.  Talking about a persons appearance or home do no one any good.  It is just childish and has nothing to do with how they perform in a job. 

I certainly understand your point about respect.  Mr. Cruz has earned a bit of respect so far.  Calling him "sleepy" is not exactly an insult in my opinion.  It just describes his lack of a voice in the meetings.  That is just how he is.

#50 2009-12-14 20:50:04

If you try cooperating and playing nice with them, just be prepared to get the blank kicked out of you.  They will walk away with the election.

Last edited by voter (2009-12-14 21:10:24)

#51 2009-12-14 22:56:15

I feel that the names used to refer to the BOS, ITA, TM, etc. have been earned.  When you see good, hard work being done by these people to better the town of Wareham for ALL maybe their names will be softened up.  When you see them take what Town Meeting Voters voted down and immediately hear them say that the articles voted down will be put on the next ballot - you get angry.  You sat with hundreds of concerned voters and made a decision.  This BOS decided that we were too stupid to vote THEIR way, that we must have been paid off.  I could use much worse language to describe them.  I could use that same language to describe their actions on all fronts.  Tell me one thing that this BOS has done that has been positive.

And, yes ~ we all read the language.  Mostly I see it being used in anger, so if that person talks that way, I accept it.  We are all different.  Stand by the High School when they are leaving the school ~ you will HEAR that language.

Did you ever get so frustrated that you want to scream?  Did you ever get so angry with someone that all you could do was to say something bad about them, because if you got closer you would probably hit them.  Did you ever have someone tear down someone you love and you could do nothing?  Did you ever have that much raw emotion inside that the only way to release it was to say something about someone's being or their housekeeping?  Then consider yourself a very lucky person and say a little prayer that this person can finally feel peace.

#52 2009-12-14 22:59:19

WantToSeeChange wrote:

I don't think that most of us disagree with the fact that the majority of the current BOS and the editor of the useless rag deserve to be hammered on this site.  My only point was that the more personal stuff had turned me off to the site at first.  The more recent talk does not bother me one bit.  Talking about a persons appearance or home do no one any good.  It is just childish and has nothing to do with how they perform in a job. 

I certainly understand your point about respect.  Mr. Cruz has earned a bit of respect so far.  Calling him "sleepy" is not exactly an insult in my opinion.  It just describes his lack of a voice in the meetings.  That is just how he is.

Just to let you know that even though it sounds childish to you (or others), it is all about how this person performed her job.

#53 2009-12-14 23:24:34

bornofwareham wrote:

WantToSeeChange wrote:

Just to let you know that even though it sounds childish to you (or others), it is all about how this person performed her job.

Saying that someone is fat, ugly and lives in a dump of a house has something to do with their job?  I am missing the connection.

All I am saying is that personal attacks such as that don't help this site to get the credibility it deserves.  I am glad that we have a group of people who believe in the fact that we need to change this town for the better in April and forever more.  I will speak of this no more.  I have made my point.  I don't need to be banned from a site that I believe in.

Last edited by WantToSeeChange (2009-12-14 23:36:36)

#54 2009-12-15 00:13:54

WantToSeeChange wrote:

bornofwareham wrote:

WantToSeeChange wrote:

Saying that someone is fat, ugly and lives in a dump of a house has something to do with their job?  I am missing the connection.

All I am saying is that personal attacks such as that don't help this site to get the credibility it deserves.  I am glad that we have a group of people who believe in the fact that we need to change this town for the better in April and forever more.  I will speak of this no more.  I have made my point.  I don't need to be banned from a site that I believe in.

Not angry with you, just letting you know that this person, and what she did as a reporter (her job, but she owned the paper) was an attack on an undeserving, professional, ethical "friend".  Now, go back to what I said about  "Did you ever get so frustrated you could scream?"  You should be able to make the connection.      Do I think, personally, that it is okay for personal attacks like this, no, not really.  But, I have now an understanding as to why this was said.  When someone you love is hurt, you hurt.  I am not making excuses, just trying to get you to read between the lines.

This site is credible and for the most part we agree on almost everything.  We are allowed to hash things over which brings more input from others, which is what we need to Take Back Wareham.  Billw has given this site to the people of Wareham, and some from out of town & state.  I don't even want to know where we would be without it.  A very successful clothing and coat drive was accomplished here.  We aren't hatebloggers.  We are disgusted with our town  leaders who are leading us down a black hole.  We are angry.  This is my town.  I was born and raised here ~ graduated from dear old Wareham High.  I don't think that I am more concerned than people who have been here only a short time.  We are working together, we agree to disagree and we hope you will remain with us to Take Back Wareham.

#55 2009-12-15 00:47:09

Believe me, I am not defending Liz.  It was just an example of one of the first posts that I saw on here the first time I read the site.  It was something that turned me off to it is all I am saying.  I don't know the circumstances of why it was said or who was saying it.  That wasn't important at the time.  The fact that it was being said made me think twice about joining in. 

I am very thankful to Bill W for making this site possible and I hope to meet him someday.  I am pretty sure we have not crossed paths before although I find it hard to believe that we haven't at one point or another.  I know a few people on here personally but not Bill. 

I too was born and raised here in town and I agree that people (including myself) are very angry about the state of the town due to just a few idiots.  I hope that change will happen in April but fear that many citizens will vote as I used to.  That would be the "well they have been serving all along so why change anything?" method of voting.  I hope there is another way other than this site to keep getting the word out to those who just don't know or care all that much as I used to be.

#56 2009-12-15 08:34:57

People, people, please.

He's got a 100 pager on "The Blogger Civil War" now.  You're all giving him what he wants.

There is no civil war.  We're just having a debate here. 

Listen, no one has ever been banned because they just disagree.  There are plenty of people on here who blog regularly who are collossal dingbats that don't have a clue, but they're not causing any trouble so they are not banned.  People have been banned for saying something just godawful or because they are agents of the bagel biter - moles and trolls.

Sometimes you have to trust the veteran bagel biter fighters around here.  We've been in the trenches for a long time and we can smell a bagel biter at 50 paces.

I was trying to be subtle and hoped people would realize what's going on.  Let me try this:

Beam smelled like bagels and creamcheese, wink wink.  He probably has a Barracuda jacket in his closet, wink wink wink.  If you gave Beam the choice of kissing Angelina Jolie or Brucey's left butt cheek, he'd pick the latter in a heartbeat, wink wink wink.

Ok people, let's move on now.  When Bobo sees a thread like this he starts spanking the monkey.

#57 2009-12-15 08:45:58

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ok people, let's move on now.  When Bobo sees a thread like this he starts spanking the monkey.

Phooey. We'll periodically have this discussion - a debate that dates to the first network - as long as the site exists. It's healthy.

Ignore Bobo.

#58 2009-12-15 09:14:56

Yeah, I think it was a "healthy exercise" and airing of the differing views among us "like minded" individuals here...In other words, the exact opposite of what "they" say EVER happens here..Ham, you're right..that it is a fight (good/bad), and a balance must be struck that resonates with the most people (while still being "you")...I have faith that our fine administrators can "smell the bagels"..and I'm glad for that, and our own ability to "detect a hint of pumpernickel"

I'm not interested in converting Bobo's "Tin Foil Hat" Brigade..but let's assume that a few people in town "sipped the kool-aid" unwittingly, and maybe we can help them out of their stupor...'Tis the Season.

P-SPAN
TAKEBACKWAREHAM
April 6, 2010

Last edited by P-SPAN (2009-12-15 09:16:13)

#59 2009-12-15 09:23:34

Why or why does anyone here pay attention to what Bobo says about this site? Who cares what he thinks or says about this site it’s all bullshit.

#60 2009-12-15 09:30:01

Understand that you are fighting a political machine that has existed, and been quite successful, for many years. Evidenced by the members of the BOS.
Don't think they won't suck you into inane discussions, taking your mind off of your goal...Taking back Wareham.
They will smother you with kisses and be nice and tell you how smart you are and how they will work to the death so that you both can live in harmony and peace.
BULLSHIT!
They will destroy you anyway they can. They will dupe you, put you to sleep, and kill you in your bed. They are vicious, smart and knowledgeable. They are committed to their causes and will keep you away from yours.
They are without mercy and they have no respect for you.
It's like the guy that was in the desert, lost and alone. Nightfall came and he looked for warmth. He saw a cave, protecting him from the cold and offering him a place to start a fire to keep warm for the evening.
As he entered the cave, he saw that it was full of rattlesnakes.
He immediately started to back out, when a snake said,"Why are you leaving? You will be warm and safe here."
The man said he was afraid that the snakes would bite and kill him.
"Don't worry," the snake said."I will protect you. You may stay."
Thankful, the man sat down, built a fire, gathered moss to lie on, and laid down to sleep. The snake crawled over to him. The man smiled and thanked the snake again. The snake then bit him.
"MY GOD!" the man exclaimed."You've killed me. Why would you do that when you promised you wouldn't?"
"Because," the snake said quietly, "I am a snake. That's what I do."
Keep away from snakes.
Trolls, moles and snakes.
Stay away.

#61 2009-12-15 09:31:25

Jeb wrote:

Well Steve...... That is just pure and absolute...

Holy crap. Thanks, Jeb. I'm thrilled you're back.

Maybe you can remind these good folks the first time you read this online debate in Wareham, and to always wear flame retardant Depends.

#62 2009-12-15 10:34:24

No one has been banned that wasn't, for lack of a better term, a douche.

Bobo's site on the other hand, you can't even open your mouth unless you stick some cash in his hand and kiss his ass.  This website is out in the open for the world to see.  Bobo carefully guards the secrecy over there because he doesn't want anyone knowing the idiocy that goes on over there.  He sure as hell doesn't want people seeing his core group of supporters say things as stupid as "John McAulliffe was a CBW plant."

You have to wonder why if they are all so sure of themselves over on the Bobo site do they not want the world to see the stupid things they say?  As Larry said, when you read the things they say, "it makes you wonder if they huff paint."

So we have a heated debate once in awhile.  So what.

The two sides each have a strength.  Their side will do any vile and despicable thing they need to do to win, no matter how immoral or depraved.  People that immoral are tough to beat.

Our side's strength is that we can disagree and still all come together and fight these douches when the chips are down.  We may disagree on the best way to do it, but we don't turn on each other at the drop of a hat the way those clowns do.

We can agree to disagree.  Their side - kiss Brucey's ass and call it ice cream or it's the heave ho for you.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2009-12-15 10:39:56)

#63 2009-12-15 10:52:26

I'm confused, I thought we were all TBW? Now Bobo is saying we are being infiltrated by TBW.  Make up your damn mind Bobo!

#64 2009-12-15 11:49:08

searay240 wrote:

Kin, and sometimes once the second cheek is slapped and there are no more an actual conversation might take place.

I've often been told by many of you in person that what we hear is not hate but anger. An anger that has come from seeing the Town go in a different direction...well my friends the folks on the other side of the story have the same anger.and if we are to come together and unite then we have a shot at building Wareham back to the stature that it deserves. The continuous fighting will only keep us down...and allow some folks wishing for failure to succeed.

They may not bring a fancy dish to the first house party but as they become comfortable and make friends not only will they bring dessert but they may actually host their own house party.

I say let them in, this house is big enough for all of us. Just my opinion.

Steve

You sound like a nice person and new to Wareham politics, searay, but...arguing, reasoning, and debating with with IGNORANCE is futile... the old story...can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

You would be wasting your time trying to make "nice reasonable people" out of a bunch of ignorant lying cheating criminals (a.. h...s). There are many good people standing ready to step up to Take Wareham Back! NOW!

#65 2009-12-15 11:53:17

Hamatron5000 wrote:

No one has been banned that wasn't, for lack of a better term, a douche.

Bobo's site on the other hand, you can't even open your mouth unless you stick some cash in his hand and kiss his ass.  This website is out in the open for the world to see.  Bobo carefully guards the secrecy over there because he doesn't want anyone knowing the idiocy that goes on over there.  He sure as hell doesn't want people seeing his core group of supporters say things as stupid as "John McAulliffe was a CBW plant."

You have to wonder why if they are all so sure of themselves over on the Bobo site do they not want the world to see the stupid things they say?  As Larry said, when you read the things they say, "it makes you wonder if they huff paint."

So we have a heated debate once in awhile.  So what.

The two sides each have a strength.  Their side will do any vile and despicable thing they need to do to win, no matter how immoral or depraved.  People that immoral are tough to beat.

Our side's strength is that we can disagree and still all come together and fight these douches when the chips are down.  We may disagree on the best way to do it, but we don't turn on each other at the drop of a hat the way those clowns do.

We can agree to disagree.  Their side - kiss Brucey's ass and call it ice cream or it's the heave ho for you.

Ham...you left out the words "illegal and criminal".

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com