#1 2012-03-17 17:13:28

For a guy who went to law school and parked in the handicap spot with a note from his teacher.

Bruce you need to review election laws. Specifically in your case the one about a PAC and a campaign coordinating strategy.

MFW is a registered political action committee.

This guy thinks he is above the law. Now he has planned a debate with his PAC???

Other candidates should just stay clear from this illegal event.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2012-03-17 18:47:23)

#2 2012-03-17 17:15:47

The same people who threw a fit when CBW tried to hold a debate are now behind the MWF debate.  Debates must be impartial - a political organization that raises funds to donate to certain candidates cannot be trusted to put on an impartial debate.

#3 2012-03-17 17:28:23

I hope the local cable TV will maintain the same standards they had when they refused to broadcast a debate that the tin hats whined and cried about.

#4 2012-03-17 17:37:00

Mixie1 wrote:

I hope the local cable TV will maintain the same standards they had when they refused to broadcast a debate that the tin hats whined and cried about.

They cancelled it because they were bombarded by an influx of tin hat whining and moaning to drop the CBW debate.  We will have to whine just as loud to get them to drop the MWF debate.

If Move Wareham Forward wants to hold a debate, let them spend the money to rent a hall and invite the candidates to come.  The candidates can choose whether or not to participate.  But to have MWF and WCTV collaborate may give viewers the false impression that the town endorses MWF's nonsense, since WCTV is a town operated organization and the studio is a town resource.

#5 2012-03-17 18:42:30

AF

Guy wrote "....since WCTV is a town operated organization...."

I do not have a comment on the issue of the debate; rather the reference to WCTV being a town operated organization.  Guy, or anyone else, please correct me if I am wrong, but WCTV is a non-profit corporation which leases the town owned building at 505 Main Street; they are not a "town operated organization".

Reference Annual Report from Secretary of State
http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/corp/corpse … ftype=.pdf

#6 2012-03-22 19:48:18

From the archives:

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/BOS.2007-03-19-Mon-6-54-22-pm.jpg
BOS - 2007-03-19 Mon 6:54:22pm

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com