#1 2009-09-23 21:33:00

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/bruce_civil_service_hearing.jpg

This photo was taken at Lt. Donald R. Bliss' civil hearing on 2009-09-23, 4:30pm.

The license plate belongs to Bruce Sauvageau.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#2 2009-09-23 21:44:30

Every Monday morning the same selectmen parks in the 30 minute parking for almost two hours, happened again this monday. Nothing major just another example of thinking he's above the law.

#3 2009-09-23 21:48:18

I agree he did that at bliss's hearing for the town. He parked in the 30 minute only parking and the hearing lasted for hours. Don't you know who he is???????

#4 2009-09-23 21:49:58

TBL

Wow! That photo says it all. He really does think he is above the law.

#5 2009-09-23 21:50:05

I try to remain silent mostly out of my embarressment that i used to support these people , but when did anger  become a handicap

#6 2009-09-23 21:53:08

Isn't being a fat boy now considered a handicap these days?

#7 2009-09-23 21:54:43

I don't wanna ruin everybody's fun, but wasn't he in a big ol' knee brace at Mr. Brady's meeeting?  Did/does he have a temporary handicap permit because of that?

#8 2009-09-23 22:06:00

acasualobserver wrote:

I don't wanna ruin everybody's fun, but wasn't he in a big ol' knee brace at Mr. Brady's meeeting?  Did/does he have a temporary handicap permit because of that?

Cas, you really give people the benefit of the doubt, probably a good thing.

I think Sweet Brucey's crutches were more because they where prepared, indeed hoping, they would be dragged out of there. PR, they wanted to squash the uprising, and that was a chance to discredit us, right from the start. Kill it before it grows..Bob knew (Marley & Brady). Have you seen anything to suggest he wouldn't do something like this?

Do you know who I am? (I couldn't help it..)

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-23 22:06:40)

#9 2009-09-23 23:33:12

Oh my god this is so funny it's sad. This picture was posted and 9:30 and I just checked slagers website at 11:00 pm and he has already interviewed sauvegeau about the incident. Well the the director or anybody else cannot give someone permission to use a designated handicapped parking spot. Not even in a private facility can an owner give permission to use that spot. If you do not have a placard you have no right to be in that designated handicapped spot. Are these people for real???? Within an hour and half you have an interview and a story? Is it that bad bobo that you check this site every ten minutes ??? You need help!!!

#10 2009-09-23 23:34:07

He admits he does not have a placard . Send him a ticket

#11 2009-09-23 23:52:07

AND HE WANTS THE CHIEFS POSITION TAKEN OUT OF CIVEL SERVICE, DO YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO I AM , I AM GOD ALMIGHYY OF WAREHAM, I WANT TO HAVE YHE NEXT POLICE CHIEF IN MY BACK POCKET.

#12 2009-09-23 23:53:27

Molly Don't look.

Bobo wrote:

...and Sweet Brucey said:

“I have permission to utilize one of the spots by the facilities director of the law school,” said Sauvageau, who is still recovering from foot surgery he had in July. “I have a special card to use the faculty elevator at the school as well because I can’t climb up the stairs. That was issued to me a month ago. I have written permission from the facilities director. The school was trying to accommodate me because of my surgery. They were trying to help me. I’ve been parking in that spot regularly since my surgery.”

“I saw Steve Urbon of the Standard Times in the area. This is what passes for news these days?” Sauvageau asked.

Bobo-->    Sauvageau said he was at the school to attend class and not the civil service hearing regarding fired Wareham Police Officer Lt. Donald Bliss. Bliss was terminated from the police department earlier this year after being accused of operating a private business while on duty.<---Bobo

“I dropped by the hearing for a few minutes on the way to class to say hello to (interim town administrator) John Sanguinet,” Sauvageau said. “I only stayed for a few minutes. This whole story floating around that I illegally parked in a handicap zone to attend this meeting is beyond ridiculous.”

Bobo-->    Sauvageau then turned his attention to a letter sent to the Wareham Courier from George Dionne of the police union. In that letter Dionne accused the Board of Selectmen of a number of misdeeds while arguing that the town should maintain civil service protection for the police chief position.
    An article on next month’s Town Meeting warrant, if approved, would remove the police chief position from civil service status. Sauvageau said the issue has little to do with the police union.<---Bobo

“We simply want to have the authority to hold the police chief accountable for what he or she does,” Sauvageau said.

“The whole point of the matter is that this BOS has made a commitment to the community to identify methods of increasing accountability of this government to our citizens. The position of police chief comes with the awesome power of the state. It is one of the most important positions within our local government exactly because of the impact it has directly on the quality of  life, safety, and welfare of our town. Anything we can do to add transparency and more direct accountability in this position is a positive step for Wareham."
     “Civil service reduces accountability in this position.  A non-responsive, recalcitrant or inadequate chief cannot be replaced by civil service unless it rises to the level of very serious charges. Civil service does not allow us to hire from outside of the commonwealth, thus eliminating scores of very productive and qualified candidates.
    “This system makes it very difficult to hire outside of the department because commonwealth candidates can only be hired from the chief's exam list. If they don't list Wareham as a possible choice we can't even talk to them. The problem with this is that fresh perspectives, energy and specific experience that we my need may not be available to us.
    “No one is saying that internal department candidates should not be included in the hiring process, just that no one qualified for the position should be excluded because of their non-civil service status. How can a patrol officer with only a few years of experience be more qualified than say the Chief of Police of Santa Fe, N.M.? Under our system of civil service he or she is as long as they pass the exam.  Another problem is that we have to wait almost a year for the next exam and hiring list to come out. Removing the civil service status will allow us to fill the position relatively quickly. 75 percent of the towns in the commonwealth do not utilize civil service for the chief's position. We compete with those towns that are not so encumbered by a rigorous and restrictive system to our detriment.”

Poor, misunderstood Brucey. Hi Bobo. KEEP CIVIL SERVICE

PShooter

#13 2009-09-23 23:54:19

There is no moral, ethical, or legal line that Bruce Sauvageau and Robert Slager aren't willing to cross.
Will one of you two  Wareham destroyers please take me to court for that statement?. You have both lost your place in "The Book of Life".

#14 2009-09-24 00:19:09

DOES ANYONE BELIEVE THAT BRUCIE JUST DROPPED IN TO SAY HI TO THE ITA? SWEET BRUCEY DOESNT SAY HI TO HIM AT MEETINGS ON TUES AND HE GOES AND SAY HI TO HIM ON THAT DAY OMG

#15 2009-09-24 00:32:52

WHERE IS CRIMEWATCH MON MORMINGS  WHEN HE PARKS AT TOWN HALL IN A HANDICAP PARKING PLACE  , GIVE HIM A TICKET,AND THE POLICE PROBALY WONT HE HAS THEM TO  SCARED TO DO THERE JOB.

#16 2009-09-24 00:34:26

DID BUTT MONKEY GIVE HIM A SPECIAL PERMIT ALSOTO PARK IN A HANDICAP PLACE AT TOWN Hall.

#17 2009-09-24 06:44:33

AGAIN NO ONE CAN GIVE PERMISSION EXCEPT THE RMV. EVEN AN OWNER OF A PARKING LOT IF THEY PARKED THEIR VEHICLE IN THEIR OWN HANDICAP  SPACE WITHOUT A PLACARD OR A HANDICAP PLATE FROM THE REGISTRY IS VIOLATING THE LAW AND CAN BE GIVEN A TICKET. IT AMAZES ME THAT A LAW STUDENT DOESNT EVEN COMPREHEND SIMPLE PARKING LAWS. HE IS THE MOST ARROGANT PERSON ALIVE. HE WAS PARKED IN THE 30 MINUTE ONLY PARKING IN THE TOWN HALL EVEN BEFORE HIS SURGERY AND WHEN I CALLED HIM ON IT IN THIS SITE SLAGER SAID THAT I HAD NO LIFE TO WATCH BRUCES VEHICLE VIOLATE THE LAW. YEAH SLAGER I GUESS I BELIEVE THAT AN ELECTED TOWN OFFICIAL SHOULD BE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD AND NOT VIOLATE LAWS (PARKING, SUSPENDED LICENSE) . CALL ME CRAZY BUT THAT WHAT I THINK. A PERSON WITH A LEGITIMATE PLACARD COULD NOT PARK THERE BECAUSE THIS CLOWN TOOK THE SPACE UP.

#18 2009-09-24 07:06:11

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/medical/parkingFAQ4cus.htm

1. Who is eligible for Disabled Parking?
Anyone who is legally blind or whose medical professional provides a clinical diagnosis and certifies that the person cannot walk 200 feet without rest or use of an ambulatory aide.

4. Who is considered a medical professional?
For purposes of certifying the Disabled Parking application, a medical professional is defined as a Medical Doctor, Optometrist, Chiropractor, Podiatrist, Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant who is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

I couldn't find "facilities director of the law school”

Last edited by commonsense (2009-09-24 07:07:07)

#19 2009-09-24 07:08:29

commonsense wrote:

http://www.mass.gov/rmv/medical/parkingFAQ4cus.htm

1. Who is eligible for Disabled Parking?
Anyone who is legally blind or whose medical professional provides a clinical diagnosis and certifies that the person cannot walk 200 feet without rest or use of an ambulatory aide.

4. Who is considered a medical professional?
For purposes of certifying the Disabled Parking application, a medical professional is defined as a Medical Doctor, Optometrist, Chiropractor, Podiatrist, Registered Nurse or Physician Assistant who is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

I couldn't find "facilities director of the law school”

well the law director could always represent him if he was ever ticketed... thanks for the info common

#20 2009-09-24 07:52:54

Although I should know to expect this sort of thing by now, it's amazing to me that Slager doesn't mention the fact that, with or without a note from mom, parking in that spot is illegal.  Can you imagine how this would've been spun if it was Urbon parking there, or Larry, or Steve, with the permission of the law school?  First of all, it would've been a jeer, as opposed to a news post.  Second, the headline would be "_____ found parking illegally, thinks he is above the law" and third it wouldn't matter what the "target" said - Slager would've ripped into whoever it was for parking illegally.  The double-standard is mind-boggling, especially when one looks back at his claims of not providing favorable coverage to the BOS.  It would be funny if it wasn't so sad...

#21 2009-09-24 08:01:08

And just a side note--do you know the average age of people who have handicapped parking stickers?? You got it---the elderly so we're talking well over 60.

So, by parking illegally in a handicapped spot, some poor old person is hobbling in, out of breath to get to the building.

I guess it is more important to give meals on wheels seniors the rag than it is to make sure those who can get out and about aren't suffering because some yahoo he thinks he is above the law. Just my opinion.

I often give a ride to an elderly person who has one of those handicapped cards. I always let her off at the door, and go park in the lot. She keeps telling me to use the card and park in the handicapped spot. I refuse, because I can easily walk and it would take the spot from some handicapped person who really needed the spot. Common sense really.

P.S. Pshooter. Thanks for the warning, but since I was on my second cup of coffee, (Sarcasm Alert) I could read it without committing murder.

#22 2009-09-24 08:03:38

SWEET BRUCIE PARKS ILLEGALLY IN HANDICAPP SPOT DURING TOWN WIDE COMPUTER AUDIT

#23 2009-09-24 08:03:46

Bill. I'm almost 100% sure you can forward the picture to the local police dept and they will issue and ticket. Where was this picture taken?

#24 2009-09-24 08:05:08

DONT YOU PEOPLE KNOW WHO BRUCIE IS???????????? HOW DARE ANYONE QUESTION HIM

#25 2009-09-24 11:56:24

MR RAG EDITOR, YOU ARE JUST PLAIN STUPID ANDA SHILL FOR BRUCE NOBODY CAN GIVE BRUICE PERMISSION TO PARK IN A HANDICAPPED SPACE EXCEPT THE RMV,YA HEAR THAT FATTEY

#26 2009-09-24 13:35:25

UPDATE:

SLAGER IN CASE YOU MISSED MY OR COMMONSENSE'S POST THE DIRECTOR CANNOT GIVE SAUEVEAGUA PERMISSION TO USE THE HANDICAPP SPOT. IF BRUCIE WENT TO HIS DOCTOR THAT DID HIS FOOT SURGERY AND WAS GIVEN A TEMPORARY PLACARD THAT IS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE ON THE WORLD WOULD HAVE DONE. BUT NOT BRUCEY. THE DIRECTOR CANNOT GIVE PERMISSION.

#27 2009-09-24 15:03:12

I believe the hearing for Lt. Bliss may have been held at the Southern New England School of Law in North Dartmouth. Perhaps sending this photo to the Dartmouth PD might alert them to be more vigilant during routine patrols of the school parking lot for this car that parks illegally in a handicap space and/or based on the photo and a complaint from a citizen, issue a ticket if Mr. Savageau does not have a valid permit from the RMV? All they would have to do is run the license plate which is clearly identifiable and then check with the RMV. If no permit existed on this day that the photo was taken, they could mail him a ticket? The photo was taken yesterday.

#28 2009-09-24 16:20:57

Mature...call me tomorrow, please.
I have some other ideas that may fit what we have been thinking of.
Sorry to end a sentence with a preposition.
Reminds me of the story of the young man that moved from Georgia to Massachusetts to attend Harvard University.
Obviously, very intelligent to get accepted in the first place.
The day he arrived on campus, he approached a group of students and asked, "Excuse me. Could you tell me where the Student Union Building is at?"
One of the snooty students in the group answered, "Well, I can certainly tell you that, here at Harvard, we don't end our sentences with a preposition."
The young Georgia boy smiled and said,"Yes, sir. I apologize. Could you tell me where the Student Union Building is at...asshole?"

#29 2009-09-24 17:11:25

IHATESLAGER wrote:

Oh my god this is so funny it's sad. This picture was posted and 9:30 and I just checked slagers website at 11:00 pm and he has already interviewed sauvegeau about the incident. Well the the director or anybody else cannot give someone permission to use a designated handicapped parking spot. Not even in a private facility can an owner give permission to use that spot. If you do not have a placard you have no right to be in that designated handicapped spot. Are these people for real???? Within an hour and half you have an interview and a story? Is it that bad bobo that you check this site every ten minutes ??? You need help!!!

This is a federal law.  A municipal parking lot, run by the municipal body can not charge a fee for H.P. pkg nor can they put other vehicles into handicapped spots at any time, EVER.  This is a federal law.  A H.P. plate or placard must be visible on any vehicle parked in a handicapped parking space.

Unfortunately, there are only two ways to handle this.  Gotta love this!  If you see this or any car parked in a handicapped spot and a placard is not visible, you may call the police and have a ticket written.  Even better, if a person with a plate or placard wants to park in that space, he may call the police, tell them that they want to park in said spot and police must issue a ticket and tow the vehicle.   This is a federal law.  Once the vehicle is towed, then they can park in the spot for absolutely no reason at all!  Gotta love it.

#30 2009-09-24 17:16:18

billw wrote:

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/b … earing.jpg

This photo was taken at Lt. Donald R. Bliss' civil hearing on 2009-09-23, 4:30pm.

The license plate belongs to Bruce Sauvageau.

Bill, I have commented on this before, but you really do take beautiful pictures.  I love seeing the natural beauty that you capture and I can see by this photo how you tried to show the trees that add to an otherwise plain parking lot.  Thank you for sharing.

#31 2009-09-24 19:17:34

From PShooters post.  Slager wrote, quoting Bruce:

"removal of civil service status has little to do with the police union"

OF COURSE IT DOES.  THIS IS SOMETHING FOR THE POLICE OFFICERS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CLIMB  UP THE LADDER.  THEY ALSO KNOW THAT THEIR CHIEF WILL BE THERE FOR AWHILE AND NOT WORRYING ABOUT HIM/HER BEING PLUCKED OUT BY THE BOS AT ANY TIME.

again, quotes written by Slager from Bruce:

"we simply want to have the authority to hold the police chief accountable for what he or she does"

WELL, WHO IS BRUCE ACCOUNTABLE TO?  PARKING IN A HANDICAPPED SPOT ILLEGALLY?  FACILITY DIRECTORS CANNOT SAVE A HANDICAPPED SPOT FOR ANYONE UNLESS THEY HAVE A RMV ISSUED PLACARD.  AS AN ELECTED OFFICIAL OF WAREHAM, I WOULD SAY HE IS ACCOUNTABLE TO THE CITIZENS OF WAREHAM.  HOW THE CITIZENS MAKE YOU ACCOUNTABLE WILL BE WITH THEIR VOTES!  BRUCE AND THE ITA HAVE TRULY OVERSTEPPED THEIR LIMITED AUTHORITY.

about change by removing  civil service status:

"this board of selectmen is committed to Wareham to identify methods of increasing accountability of this government to our citizens."

BRUCE, YOU ARE OF THIS GOVERNMENT, WHICH IS THE TOWN OF WAREHAM.  A PARTICULAR PHOTO WAS THE METHOD USED TO IDENTIFY YOUR CAR PARKED ILLEGALLY IN A HANDICAPPED SPOT.  WE, THE CITIZENS AND VOTERS OF WAREHAM ARE HOLDING YOU ACCOUNTABLE WITH OUR APPEARANCE AT TOWN MEETING AND OUR NEXT ELECTION.

"anything we can do to add transparency and more direct accountability in the chief's position is a positive step for Wareham."

I'D LIKE TO SEE MORE TRANSPARENCY FROM THE BOS AND ITA.
THE BOS COULD LET CITIZENS SPEAK AT BOS MEETINGS -POSITIVE STEP FOR WAREHAM.        THE BOS COULD ALLOW US TO DEBATE ANY ISSUE THAT COMES BEFORE THE BOARD - POSITIVE STEP FOR WAREHAM.
THE BOS COULD TELL US WHY THEY REALLY WANT WESTFIELD TURNED TO AFFORDABLE HOUSING, RATHER THAN WHAT WE VOTED FOR IN 1977 - POSITIVE STEP FOR WAREHAM.        WHAT EVER GAVE THE BOS THE IDEA OF A MAYOR FOR OUR TOWN WITHOUT DEBATE OR ANSWERING OUR QUESTIONS - POSITIVE STEP FOR WAREHAM?  NOT.        THE BOS COULD TELL US WHY THEY REALLY WANT TO REMOVE CIVIL SERVICE STATUS FOR THE POLICE CHIEF AND WHO THEY ALREADY HAVE IN MIND AND ALLOW US TO DEBATE THIS AND QUESTION THIS - POSITIVE STEP FOR WAREHAM.

OKAY, WE HAVE TOLD YOU WHAT CAN BE DONE FOR A POSTIVE STEP FOR WAREHAM - WAITING FOR A RESPONSE.

ASK CIVIL SERVICE TO ADVERTISE AND HOLD A CHIEF'S EXAM IMMEDIATELY.  PLYMOUTH DID IT - SO CAN WE.

POOR IHS.  Slager was trying to make you feel bad when he said:

"you have no life because you watched Bruce's vehicle violate the law"

IHS'S ANSWER:

"is that he believes elected town officials should be held to a higher standard and not violate laws."

GOTTA LOVE IT.  SOUNDS A LITTLE LIKE THAT KOSHER HOT DOG COMMERCIAL, DOESN'T IT.  "OUR DOGS HAVE TO ANSWER TO A HIGHER AUTHORITY".    NOW,  TO BRUCE AND SLAGER AND THE REST OF THE BOS - SHOW US THE PICTURES YOU HAVE THAT SHOW OUR POLICE OFFICERS VIOLATING LAWS, ESPECIALLY LT. WALLACE - YES, SHOW US THE PHOTOS.

WHILE YOU ARE AT IT, SHOW US THE PHOTOS TAKEN OF GEORGE COLEMAN HITTING THE MOTHER WITH HIS CAR WHILE HER CHILDREN WERE WATCHING.  WE KNOW THEY ARE OUT THERE.  AREN'T CAMERA PHONES NICE?

#32 2009-09-24 19:27:32

Is there any illegal action by elected officials this man wont spin to defend them?  How does parking in a handicapped parking space have anything to do with a letter from a police officers union?  "Do as I say, not as I do".

#33 2009-09-24 23:33:12

wareham pride wrote:

Is there any illegal action by elected officials this man wont spin to defend them?  How does parking in a handicapped parking space have anything to do with a letter from a police officers union?  "Do as I say, not as I do".

No, I don't think so.  More and more it is becoming a little game with Slager.  He will do anything in his power to lift our BOS, ITA and TA up from the gutter.  Does he think they will reward him?  A little ditty here and there for his paper?    I wonder if they have promised him a job as their PR man?!

#34 2009-09-27 02:07:08

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/bb.col.art.gif

#35 2009-09-27 09:22:07

"I'm disabled!! I need a temporary handicapped sticker. I have what the best doctors in the World describe as " numbness of the nuts".

#36 2009-09-27 10:23:54

Pimpin' ain't easy!!!!!

#37 2009-09-27 10:56:03

I AM LORD  BRUCIE KING OF WAREHAM

#38 2009-09-27 11:31:28

ihateliz wrote:

I AM LORD  BRUCIE KING OF WAREHAM

Where are my peasent servants, Bobo and ButtMonkey??

#39 2009-09-27 18:36:19

Can't Touch This....(que music)

#40 2009-10-02 18:16:42

i now know a reason why slager was so quick to jump to bruce's defense....
this afternoon my husband and daughter were at the multi service center in wareham as we exited there was a red mini van parked IN THE NO PARKING FIRE LANE... CLEARLY PAINTED ON THE GROUND WITH YELLOW PAINT AND IN ENGLISH... AND WHAT TO MY WONDERING EYES APPEAR SLAGER EXITING THAT RED MINI VAN... delivering his publication....

now i know why he was soooooo very quick to defend bruce the law student he himself believes he can park anywhere!!!

#41 2009-10-02 18:39:16

I think we should keep all our cell phones, digital cameras, disposable cameras at the ready. We could have a contest to see how many photos we could get of Brucey and Bobo parking illegally. May LizdaGnome could donate a TBW tee shirt to the winner (:

#42 2009-10-02 18:56:44

marny wrote:

I think we should keep all our cell phones, digital cameras, disposable cameras at the ready. We could have a contest to see how many photos we could get of Brucey and Bobo parking illegally. May LizdaGnome could donate a TBW tee shirt to the winner (:

ill do that..sure!! i tried to snap a cell phone pic but he started to pull away from the NO PARKING FIRE LANE curb...

#43 2009-10-02 20:19:02

What I wonder about with this whole parking issue is, what would crimewatch do if they came across a car parked in a handicapped parking spot without a placard or parked in a fire zone?  I know! They would have given them a ticket!   The reason I bring this up is because they both defended crimewatch with enforcing parking using an iron fist and even brushed off concerned citizens to defend the parking enforcers.    On top of this, the editor of the opinion paper defended our above the law selectman making it look like it was totally acceptable for him to do this!
Now that being said, what if the crimewatch member was in the middle of writing the ticket and they confronted the member while this was taking place?  I would be very afraid of how they might act!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com