#2 2009-09-09 02:38:54

This man is shameless.

He'll never work anywhere as town manager again.

Could someone explain to me what he's still doing here?

edit: rhetorical question

Last edited by billw (2009-09-09 02:48:01)

#3 2009-09-09 07:14:28

I get Google News email alerts for Wareham* so saw this first thing this morning. I mean murders are one thing. That will shock you but what can you do, bad sh!t happens.

Yesterday those who also subscribe to Google News key word Wareham woke to the Wall Street Journal article about George Coleman. Today it's the story about "Ive Got a Secret" Saquinet. Yet something else to make Wareham look like it's run by idiots and thugs.

And that is something that can be fixed.

* If you don't get these and want to, go to Google News and type in wareham in the search, then on the bottom of the page click what you want:

Stay up to date on these results:
Create an email alert for wareham
Search blogs for wareham
Add a custom section for wareham to Google News
Add a news gadget for wareham to your Google homepage

On the top of the page items are sorted by relevance, I like to sort by date.

#4 2009-09-09 07:15:58

If just ONE of these bos remind us again that they are all about transparency I will personally attend a bos meeting and challenge them.

They say they are all about fiscal responsibility---wrong. They say they are all about following the town charter---wrong. They say they are all about transparency---wrong.

I am tired of their lies and their breaking the law without any consequences.

We must do everything we can to elect two bos and one moderator in April and we must start now. 

I have said this many times before---we must educate the public to what has been going on and to what the town needs.
Please---Become a member of Steve's posse. Work for the cause.

#5 2009-09-09 08:42:43

There are several cases pending with the state where public records have been withheld. IN one particular case, the reason cited by Saguinet did not meet the criteria and yet we are still awaiting the release of the documents in question.

There are a couple ways of looking at this. One: Saguinet is incompetent, which clearly could be the case! Two: The Selectmen are holding his strings and using him to do their dirty work. Three: A combination of both.

We, as citizens of Wareham, deserve to have access to public records and decisions that are being made. We pay the taxes and elect these people, why do they continue to run a secret society????  If you think it's bad now, consider what could happen under a mayoral system.

The secrecy and incompetence needs to be stop. If these people are not professional enough to understand that, they need to resign immediately.

#6 2009-09-09 10:33:50

Larry McDonald wrote:

There are a couple ways of looking at this. One: Saguinet is incompetent, which clearly could be the case! Two: The Selectmen are holding his strings and using him to do their dirty work. Three: A combination of both.

We, as citizens of Wareham, deserve to have access to public records and decisions that are being made. We pay the taxes and elect these people, why do they continue to run a secret society????  If you think it's bad now, consider what could happen under a mayoral system.

The secrecy and incompetence needs to be stop. If these people are not professional enough to understand that, they need to resign immediately.

CONTROL. The fact that Sanguinet (and Chief Stanley) are "interim" is an example of the BOS over-stepping their authority and undermining the intentions of the Charter. I believe they act in collusion to forward their agenda. The TA is supposed to "run" the town with NO interference from the BOS. They are to set policy ONLY, and hire a competent Administrator, who then hires others to do the work of the Town. The fact that public records are not made completely accessible is a breach of everything the Charter is meant to protect and assure. They are "our documents". These are not problems with our form of government or the Charter. These are problems with our "leaders".

PShooter

Last edited by PShooter (2009-09-09 10:34:41)

#7 2009-09-09 10:46:37

What lends creedence to the argument they are controlling the ITA: If it was incompetence, the Selectmen would have addressed it at this point. It's clear they are in cahoots with the ITA. The more people allow this to happen, the more they are encouraged to ignore the charter. I seriously HOPE the Grand Jury sees through the smoke screens and indicts these fools before they cause more damage to this town.

#8 2009-09-09 11:01:48

Agreed, the ITA is complicit however, by exhibiting lack of backbone. The BOS use fear of termination/security as a tactic to impose their will on him (and others). I call this "interfering". Any credibility that the ITA, the Moderator, or ANY of the BOS had, is now gone. They should resign, ALL OF THEM.

PShooter

#9 2009-09-09 11:29:41

One member of this bos told a friend of mine that they are in charge of everything. They hire the TA and the TA does what they tell him to do. That is why they got rid of McAuliffe.  That is why they are pulling all the strings. They don't consider it day to day. That is why they won't give any numbers to the Fin Com. So how can the fin com prepare a new budget for October town meeting. We always have some budget changes in fall. You can't blame the fin com if you don't give them what they need. Of course, the fin com has been looking at the legal bills and that's not something the bos want people to know.

But, what goes around comes around. The bos lost the library case. They will lose the Bob Bliss retaliation case. They've lost the Lt. Bliss case. They may be indicted by the grand jury on the computer audit, and if they aren't, you can be sure the computer audit will go nowhere. They will lose on the refusing to turn over documents as requested issue. They will lose on Westfield. They will lose on changing the charter. One might conclude that they were a bunch of losers. But that would only be someone's opinion.

#10 2009-09-09 11:45:21

You know the ultimate recourse is to contact the Governor's Office with all of the unlawful activity and violation of public records and sunshine laws.
The Governor can, I believe in Mass., remove any member of the BOS who has proven they have violated the law.
I know the Governor can do it in Florida. In fact, it happens so often I don't even bother reading about who was removed this week.

#11 2009-09-09 11:48:04

Molly wrote:

If just ONE of these bos remind us again that they are all about transparency I will personally attend a bos meeting and challenge them.

They say they are all about fiscal responsibility---wrong. They say they are all about following the town charter---wrong. They say they are all about transparency---wrong.

I am tired of their lies and their breaking the law without any consequences.

We must do everything we can to elect two bos and one moderator in April and we must start now. 

I have said this many times before---we must educate the public to what has been going on and to what the town needs.
Please---Become a member of Steve's posse. Work for the cause.

I like this.  Get rid of the petty crap and clear the way for the important things.  Where can I find a copy of the Wareham Town Charter, perhaps online.  My free time is limited right now.

#12 2009-09-09 12:21:16

Larry McDonald wrote:

There are several cases pending with the state where public records have been withheld. IN one particular case, the reason cited by Saguinet did not meet the criteria and yet we are still awaiting the release of the documents in question.

Help me understand this.   This ITA was selected by the selectmen to fill the vacant spot of TA or was it due to him being "next" in line so to speak.  (As in the Pres. dies and the VP takes over office.)  I've heard the BOS was upset because he hired the ICP without their blessings.  So, does the ITA have more power than the BOS over EVERYTHING.  I thought it was just day to day business.  If the BOS hired him, and they are unhappy, can't they fire him?  Who is really the boss?  Could the BOS be hanging his job on a string and using it as leverage - "do this, or else"? 

If the BOS go to their offices to study certain things and they all happen to be there at the same time and talk about something upcoming, is this a secret meeting?  I would assume this would be the way they decided on the audit, their decision re: Lt. Wallace not being considered as chief, the Crime Watch duties and what the town is spending on them, etc.. So, when do they meet as a BOS to discuss issues in town?  It can't just be at their regular meeting.  They obviously knew they were going to do the computer audit and it wasn't spoken about at the meeting.  Executive meetings were supposed to be about personnel, but I thought that person could be there if they were going to be spoken about.

I thought they were the voice of the people who elected them.  Majority rules, but no one is ever asked their opinion or allowed to speak on a subject.  I am feeling like I just stepped out of a tornado.

#13 2009-09-09 12:26:16

PShooter wrote:

Larry McDonald wrote:

CONTROL. The fact that Sanguinet (and Chief Stanley) are "interim" is an example of the BOS over-stepping their authority and undermining the intentions of the Charter. I believe they act in collusion to forward their agenda. The TA is supposed to "run" the town with NO interference from the BOS. They are to set policy ONLY, and hire a competent Administrator, who then hires others to do the work of the Town. The fact that public records are not made completely accessible is a breach of everything the Charter is meant to protect and assure. They are "our documents". These are not problems with our form of government or the Charter. These are problems with our "leaders".

PShooter

okay, you answered one of my questions about the TA's position.  Maybe we should vote in a TA. Only kidding!

#14 2009-09-09 12:38:49

Larry McDonald wrote:

What lends creedence to the argument they are controlling the ITA: If it was incompetence, the Selectmen would have addressed it at this point. It's clear they are in cahoots with the ITA. The more people allow this to happen, the more they are encouraged to ignore the charter. I seriously HOPE the Grand Jury sees through the smoke screens and indicts these fools before they cause more damage to this town.

Okay, thanks - you've just helped me understand why the selectmen have not fired the ITA.  You say the more people allow this to happen, the more they are encouraged to ignore the charter.  So, trying to speak up at one of their meetings is a losing battle and letters go unanswered.  How do we stop this NOW, not just at election time.  The damage they have done isn't just a trickle down a hill, it's like a lava flow.  Do we go to the D.A. when we can't reach them, to Reporter Urban?  Where to go and who to talk to?  If we dont know who to go to, and if there is someone to go to tell me now. None of us want to allow this to happen - we feel our hands are tied - where do we go to
get help?

#15 2009-09-09 13:12:35

Born,
I am not sure we can stop it without a recall. The DA is in the middle of a formal GJ investigation and this may add to it, but chances are they are aware of most of the activity.

What we can do is make sure they do NOT remove the Police Chief from civil service and vote down Westfield (not because we are against affordable housing). Then we continue to the election to educate people.

#16 2009-09-09 13:19:00

This is my favorite line from Steve Urbon's article where he quotes the editor of the ST:

"On behalf of the citizens of Wareham, we have asked Wareham officials repeatedly to obey the law," Unger said

Doesn't that just say it all?

#17 2009-09-09 14:15:20

Molly,
It leaves me in shock to know that the Selectmen continue to thumb their nose at the citizens of this town. It's almost as if they were saying, "Look, we will do what we want, when we want, and there is NOTHING you can do about it."  They realize a recall at this point would be difficult to orchestrate, so they are banking on getting their agenda in place before they end up voted out.

It's easy to see they don't care what we have to say: We STILL have an interim TA, and interim PC, and a Town Accountant who is is underqualified for the job.

If you look around at the lawsuits pending and settled, you see a large pile of mistakes made by THIS BOS, not former BOS members.

The good news is that their mistakes are increasing the numbers for Take Back Wareham. I had a discussion with a person who used to read a certain local paper and when they would read the courier or S-T, they wondered why there were differences in what was reported. They sought out information and they discovered one paper (who shall not be named) was not telling the truth or reporting factual events.   I said this earlier, people are starting to come around. It is in our best interests to continue to educate people through local or community meetings and possibly door to door campaigns. The more people we have at town meeting and at the voting booths in April, the bigger the message we are sending to the remaining Selectmen. That is, IF they aren't wearing orange jumpsuits by then.

#19 2009-09-09 14:51:23

BORNOF...your mail is full!
As soon as you make some room I have a message to send you.

#20 2009-09-09 14:52:44

bornofwareham wrote:

Where can I find a copy of the Wareham Town Charter, perhaps online.  My free time is limited right now.

CharterReview

Hooked on Phonics: Wareham Charter

PShooter

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#21 2009-09-09 14:54:51

Larry,
Your points are well-made. Take Back Wareham is really what grassroots campaigns are all about.

FYI on the accountant--I was told that an auditor is checking her work and it is all correct. My question is--are we paying an auditor for this? Shouldn't an accountant be able to do the job without being checked?

#22 2009-09-09 21:23:45

bornofwareham wrote:

If the BOS go to their offices to study certain things and they all happen to be there at the same time and talk about something upcoming, is this a secret meeting?  I would assume this would be the way they decided on the audit, their decision re: Lt. Wallace not being considered as chief, the Crime Watch duties and what the town is spending on them, etc.. So, when do they meet as a BOS to discuss issues in town?  It can't just be at their regular meeting.  They obviously knew they were going to do the computer audit and it wasn't spoken about at the meeting.  Executive meetings were supposed to be about personnel, but I thought that person could be there if they were going to be spoken about.

OPEN MEETING LAW GUIDELINES

PShooter

#23 2009-09-09 22:11:19

PShooter wrote:

bornofwareham wrote:

OPEN MEETING LAW GUIDELINES

PShooter

great link.. :)

#24 2009-09-10 11:39:49

BORNOF: clear some room on your pm box please...

#25 2009-09-10 21:52:18

Molly wrote:

One member of this bos told a friend of mine that they are in charge of everything. They hire the TA and the TA does what they tell him to do. That is why they got rid of McAuliffe.  That is why they are pulling all the strings. They don't consider it day to day. That is why they won't give any numbers to the Fin Com. So how can the fin com prepare a new budget for October town meeting. We always have some budget changes in fall. You can't blame the fin com if you don't give them what they need. Of course, the fin com has been looking at the legal bills and that's not something the bos want people to know.

But, what goes around comes around. The bos lost the library case. They will lose the Bob Bliss retaliation case. They've lost the Lt. Bliss case. They may be indicted by the grand jury on the computer audit, and if they aren't, you can be sure the computer audit will go nowhere. They will lose on the refusing to turn over documents as requested issue. They will lose on Westfield. They will lose on changing the charter. One might conclude that they were a bunch of losers. But that would only be someone's opinion.

Molly, I'll take the blame.  Very well said and I have concluded that they ARE a bunch of losers and this is definately my opinion.  Thank you. 

Your last paragraph should be printed and put in all store front windows, even at Crime Watch.

#26 2009-09-11 00:22:54

Bornof:
Contact me via e-mail or PM. I have news for you.

#27 2009-09-11 09:04:31

danoconnell wrote:

Just finished clearing it so send away.  Was in the middle of it last night and even though I have verizon fios (it's not that fast) and I lost total internet connection.  Did what I was taught to do to the router and after an hour of true frustration, I shut it down.  Try to sleep when you are wound up!

#28 2009-09-11 09:26:50

bornofwareham wrote:

danoconnell wrote:

Just finished clearing it so send away.  Was in the middle of it last night and even though I have verizon fios (it's not that fast) and I lost total internet connection.  Did what I was taught to do to the router and after an hour of true frustration, I shut it down.  Try to sleep when you are wound up!

BORN I HEAR YA we just switched from verizon back to comcast..
biz has been on the job a bit.. when do we get to see the numbers??

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com