#1 2011-09-16 17:31:42

Good afternoon,

In the never-ending saga that is Westfield, I have some thoughts that have percolated for some time. Westfield is not my issue, but here goes.

Take a look at Charlotte Furnace road on a map, starting with Google or its equivalent. Now look at Assessors' map 105, which includes Charlotte Furnace Road. there on the left side (for new englanders) or WEST side of the road, the ball fields can be clearly seen. But I want you to look at the right side of the road (i.e., the EAST side). Notice on the assessors' map that the frontage along Charlotte Furnace Road is already subdivided into individual lots. That is a clear indication of the land owner's intention to develop that strip along the Road.

and who owns the east side of the road thru there? Why, that would be Makepeace.

So. Ask yourself this question: If I own all those lots, do I want some Town-developed misfit of an apartment complex facing my lots? Probably not.

Look again at the Google map of the Road. Notice that the East side, the Makepeace land, appears to be wooded upland. Can it be developed? Don't know.

But here is what I would propose. Bring Makepeace in on the deal. Work with them to develop a complex on their land which will help to address, or resolve, the Town's problem with the State. Work with them to develop a recreational complex on the west side of the road, with benefits for both Town residents & the residents of their complex. Work with them to address transportation issues, possibly with GATRA.

Look again at the maps. Makepeace has a piece of land there which appears circumscribed by the Carver town line, some active bogs to the east, and the highway to the south. What better use than to address the Town's needs, and give Makepeace a few bucks. Some might call it a win-win. Add one more for the seniors, and call it a win-win-win.

So. who would you rather have as a developer: Makepeace or some committee headed by Brucie? Don't think too long about it.

This is one proposal by someone who has no dog in that fight. Where are the scores of proposals from people who do? Probably stifled at birth by Brucie the Bully.

The tail end of Charlotte Furnace Road may not be perfect. But a little thought could produce a winner up there.

Your turn......

#2 2011-09-16 20:29:46

stewie wrote:

Take a look at Charlotte Furnace road on a map, starting with Google or its equivalent.

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=qyzsr5 … orm=LMLTCC

stewie wrote:

Now look at Assessors' map 105

http://www.wareham.ma.us/Public_Documen … MAP105.pdf

#3 2011-09-17 02:46:24

I wondered when you posted this, Stewie, how long it'd take Sweet Brucie and Little Bobby to get their Makepeace hate-on. I wagered 20 minutes but obviously they're slipping.

#4 2011-09-17 13:24:56

Billw - me too. but I thought with their little pit bull, aka Bren-duh, out of the picture, it may be time for a fresh look at their bete noir, Makepeace.

I have looked over the Makepeace parcel(s) up there from the street, and it appears to be buildable. But you can bet that Makepeace knows every inch of that ground and can cite chapter & verse on that point.

And, let's face it. It is not a prime location for development for them. You have 1950's ranches up there, mobile home parks, a power line, a major highway overhead. Are people going to be willing to pay megabucks for lots on a thru street, esp. given the uncertain situation on the town's side of the street?

Not only that, hasn't Makepeace stepped forward and proven themselves to be a class act in its Wareham RE ventures to date? Perfect? perhaps not. But if that is your standard....

My grandmother said uncountable times: the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. Makepeace is here. Makepeace is a known. Makepeace will still be here. Makepeace will have to live with its actions (development).

Isn't it time to reach out to them?

By the way, hasn't Makepeace made its land available at NO COST for some of the Town's summer recreational programs? Yeah, that's a bad neighbor for you.

And a thank you to P-SPAN again, for posting those references. Please take advantage of his work and look at the charlotte furnace Road area.

Last edited by stewie (2011-09-17 13:26:54)

#5 2011-09-17 15:43:02

stewie wrote:

And a thank you to P-SPAN again, for posting those references.

Here's my thanks, Dave, something that surfaced in the moving day clutter.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/metlife.brucie.jpg

No need to thank me, think nothing of it!

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#6 2011-09-17 17:01:28

Funny.. I used to have biz cards that looked alot like that... But I never worked there with Brucey.. I worked there before Brucey. Later I almost went back to work with them..and that's when I first met Brucey instantly thinking he's a douche..(about, hmmm 2000).. Later..maybe a year later.. I was working for an insurance brokerage in RI..and that's when I was marketing annuity products to all kinds of agents in New England..and when I became re-acquainted with Brucey.. as he placed business through our brokerage. He was never responsible for me losing any job..as was just brought up (again) by one of Bobo's alter egos.. Darkknight, I think. It's all..as usual..distraction from the facts to try and discredit the "opposition". Bobo stirring the pot.

Do I really need to explain why I don't like Bruce?? It's not a vendetta..it's just the knowledge that he's a douche..and the damage he's inflicted on Wareham.

#7 2011-09-17 17:07:44

Bruce has no friends. Hell his wife even hates him. He's an asshole. Not much to like

#8 2011-09-18 08:15:21

And Doesnt Every Body Say That Bruce Beats His Wife, I Cant Stand Wife Beaters.

#9 2011-09-18 09:26:36

redrobin wrote:

And Doesnt Every Body Say That Bruce Beats His Wife

2009-07-01: Persistent Reports of Spousal Abuse

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#10 2011-09-19 04:41:51

bruce has anger issues,just look at that picture of him  with his finger in the air

#11 2011-09-19 07:26:35

bruce crumbled a 2 year olds kite that fell on his property.

#12 2011-09-19 07:27:32

he stuck a  plastic fork in to a kids hand at his failing pizza store.

#13 2011-09-19 07:28:40

he is being sued by a police officer for deflamation .

#14 2011-09-19 07:30:57

why is he so interested in westfield ,could it be money stufed into envelopes  stuffed into his breast pocket?

#15 2011-09-19 07:31:52

he was arrested for driving without a license and failing to carrey insurance on his car.

#16 2011-09-19 07:32:21

he parked in handicapped parking places.

#17 2011-09-19 07:32:55

I know someone out there has a copy of Sweet Brucey's most recent booking mug shot.

Pray it surfaces soon.

#18 2011-09-19 07:35:57

his car was repossed for failing to pay his car loan yet in the last election gave  big money to canditates  schinder and baglady, , money lauendered from westfield anyone?

#19 2011-09-19 07:42:54

he followed a young women to her house and yelled at her ,scaring the wits out of her

#20 2011-09-19 07:43:25

he stuck a plastic fork into a kids hand.

#21 2011-09-19 07:45:57

he lied in the swifts beach land town buyout about his involvement and cost the town millions of dollars in legal fees and money we had to pay the land owner all for him with an ocean view.

#22 2011-09-19 07:48:27

and this is only the tip of the iceberg, he had a screaming match with a guy in a cable truck in front of his property.

#23 2011-09-19 07:50:48

he cut off an ambulance going to tobey hospital by not yielding to the ambulance and saying fuck youto the policeman maning the detail and was issued a citation in which he was found guilty by the judge.

#24 2011-09-19 07:51:15

my my what an upstanding citzen.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com