#1 2009-07-01 11:31:37

The questions I asked Mr Sauvageau appear below. I realize this audience is weighted to favor a "No" answer, so I'll handicap 10 points. A 40% "Yes" response rate, and I'll say I'm sorry. Who knows, I might even mean it a week from now.

It's proved impossible in recent months to get answers to pressing questions.

I have a few here. The rest, if there isn't time, I'll post to my site tonight.

-What part of the town's budget paid for the computer audit?

-Mr. Sauvageau, any resolution with the govt on your tax liabilities?

-Persistent reports of spousal abuse at your residence have surfaced time and again for years. Care to comment?

#2 2009-07-01 11:34:30

Bill,
The first two questions were fine. The last one was in poor taste considering it was during a BOS meeting. If you wanted to ask him that question outside in the parking lot, it would have been fine. I think you realize that, and if not, we probably aren't on the same page.

#3 2009-07-01 11:42:44

I aggree the first question is Town Business, the second was so-so, but the last question has no place in a Citizens forum at a BOS meeting. We are trying to garner support to replace these folks, any advancement we have made just took a few steps in reverse.

I think a public apology in the same forum it was asked would be in order. The problem is with the bi-weekly schedule this thing will fester for two more weeks, and with each day that goes by, an the negative publicity it will get will is not good.

You should post an apology on this site immediately.

#4 2009-07-01 12:45:49

Bill, I agree with what has already been said here. The first two questions were good, the last was a little over the edge for a public meeting.

#5 2009-07-01 13:03:28

searay240 wrote:

You should post an apology on this site immediately.

I realize you just arrived but Slager's and Sauvageau's unfounded character assassinations have run riot in this town for years. This subject deserves discussion.

#6 2009-07-01 13:14:46

Bill,
If you want to be lumped into the same category as the two you mentioned, then so be it. I think we should rise above their actions, not retaliate. I don't believe in dirty politics. One of the things I keep hearing again and again from this BOS and their supporters is that "the old selectmen did it" and "they started it", both of which sound pretty childish to me.

If you want to make them go away, you don't copy their actions.

#7 2009-07-01 13:35:28

Have we ever had such a tax-cheating, wife-beating member of the BOS who has embarassed this town the way Sweet Brucey has??..I think not..the question brings to the forefront the fact that we need to elect a new member to the Board next spring..whether an apology is issued or not, Savageau must go!!!

#8 2009-07-01 15:03:10

THE FIRST 2 QUESTIONS WERE LEGIT , THE LAST ONE  I DONT KNOW , WE WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND TOWN KNOW HE HAS A SEVERE TEMPER AND DOES HIT HIS WIFE , BUT IF SHE DOES NOT COME FOWARD AND COPLAIN THEN HOW DO YOU PROVE IT, THE LAST QUEESTION SHOULD HAVE BEEN ASKED IN A PRIVATE  FORUM AND REPORTED HERE , WE ALL KNOW HE IS A WIFE BEATER AND SOME DAY THE FACTS WILL COME OUT.

#9 2009-07-01 20:26:19

I am leaning towards the yes side of an apology, but only because it quite possibly could teach sweet brucey how to do it. I agree the first 2 questions were appropriate and the last was a little off. Not many people have access to this site and the only info they get is from watching the bos meetings, It was nice to see sweet brucey getting some of his own medicine! (bet he didnt get any sugar last nite to make it go down!) and dont believe for a second the brenda didnt realize that was Mrs Pillsbury!!!!

#10 2009-07-01 20:29:54

Hmmm, and if Mrs. P would like to read her "public apology" she will need to pay $5.00.

#11 2009-07-01 22:17:28

It doesn't look like the poll is bearing out common sense. Oh well, I would like to see this group do the right thing even if we can count on the Selectmen to do the opposite.

#12 2009-07-01 22:20:16

I think yes for the apology.  That was a low blow and made you look bad Bill. Sorry :(
Especially if Brenda apologizes then you should just so they dont have one up on you.

#13 2009-07-07 22:13:24

billw, With all due respect, you should apologize.  As ihateliz notes: if she doesn't or can't come forward for whatever reasons (intimidation?), there is not much the authorities can do.  Say a prayer for Rose.  No one should have to put up with his abuse and niether should Wareham any longer.  April can't come soon enough.  Wareham citizens should engage in a "sweep" of their own.  We've suffered enough embarrassment regionally far too long.

#14 2009-07-08 09:28:20

I put in a yes vote because not because the question shouldn't have been asked the way you phrased it. You missed a chance to state it is follows:

Because I believe our elected officials are and should be role models, I'd like you to set the record straight on allegations and rumors that you abused you spouse. Have you ever engaged in such behavior?

#15 2009-07-08 15:43:15

I feel it's a question of character. Though the question should not have been posed in a normal situation. I don't believe that the town politics could be referred to as "normal", for quite sometime. Brucie is not a stupid person. I think he has the ability to fool alot of people into thinking he has everything well in hand. I strongly feel that if anyone met him and, God forbid, disagree with him, they would quickly see his true colors. If he feels he has an advantage over or an inability to be "hurt" by his opposer, he will do his best to defeat them. Sounds like a natural defense mechanism, on the one hand. Until you realize, ideally, there's a better way of doing things. Mutual respect, compromise and a general relief from "nastiness", which is the way it's been since Brucie and Ms. Eckstrom have been on the scene. Change is overdue.
..and NO, I don't think you should apologize. Regret or spinning it is just more of what we don't need. If you feel you shouldn't have done it, then you shouldn't have done it. It's done.

#16 2009-07-08 21:39:41

I'm not sure if an apology would do any good, but if one is going to be given, maybe it should be to his wife.  I don't know....

#17 2009-07-08 21:48:11

Sorry Bill i used your name in vain...

#18 2009-07-08 22:26:06

2).  Apologize to the town and his fellow selectmen for wearing grey thermal underware to select meetings.

#19 2009-07-09 01:53:34

NO YOU SHOULD NEVER APOLIGIZE TO BRUCE,  NEVER , NEVER ,

#20 2009-07-09 08:10:49

It took Bruce two years to apologize for not disclosing his conflict of interest with the Swifts Beach property - He broke every rule and the after his "checkers speech" he went out on continued "business as usual" again and again and again. The giver of an apology assumes that the offended has character and feelings.  WE cannot apply our standards to a crazy man like Brucie. He would probably hawl out expletives to embarass us all.

Lte's make a list of all the things Brucie has NOT apologized for.  I'll start.

1. Making his wife go out with a "change belt"to collect from his parking patrons.(I have pictures)

Last edited by waterview (2009-07-09 08:18:11)

#21 2009-07-09 08:14:08

I have a list of what Bruce hasn't and SHOULD apologize for. The biggest item: For not offerring his resignation to the entire town. If he meant it, he would have given more than just his cronies a chance to vote.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com