#1 2011-01-30 23:00:30

Wareham Water Department's superintendent and commissioners, Frank DeFelice argues, are "unprincipled", "out-of-control" and unaccountable.

S-T: Investigate water assessments in Wareham

Frank DeFelice wrote:

"They pick an area of the town where they decide to supply a water line, even if the property owners don't want the water. They don't investigate or do analysis in the area to determine if anyone wants water; the czar and his minions decide.

Now, you can appeal the water betterment to the out-of-control water commissioners, but guess what: It really doesn't matter if it's legal or not because you lose, and then they tell you to get a lawyer."

#2 2013-06-23 23:25:06

Typical Wareham.  Does "sewer project" ring a bell?  An illegal sewer project that nobody voted on. Thanks for the $18,000 betterment fee (+hookup cost). So the water department does the same thing I guess.  And the answer is always just get a lawyer. No wonder this town is so popular.

#3 2013-06-24 04:28:26

mapex7066 wrote:

Typical Wareham.  Does "sewer project" ring a bell?  An illegal sewer project that nobody voted on. Thanks for the $18,000 betterment fee (+hookup cost). So the water department does the same thing I guess.  And the answer is always just get a lawyer.

A lawyer is only the answer in Wareham if you're determined to piss away your last nickle in pointless frustration. There are competent attorneys living here and every last one practice elsewhere while collecting annual retainers from the town's larger landowners, usually billing a pittance for fuckall nothing. See how that works? Called upon to defend peasants, they're conflicted, they can't.

The only real option is to know your rights and argue forcefully. True, that may not work either but at least you're not adding insult to injury.

There's a neighborhood here in town that objected not long ago to an unsightly water tower the Water Dept decided to build without consulting anyone. The uproar passed, the tower erected and when it was all said and done those neighbors realized just how badly they were screwed. The below ground option they were told was too expensive actually bid out at the roughly the same price.

The politically connected contractor made a tidy sum, no doubt bribing local officials in the process. THAT'S Wareham.

#4 2013-06-24 07:32:24

ONE OF THE WORST LAWYERS  IN WAREHAM IS RICH BOWEN, THAT GUY TAKES HOMW WHEEL BARRELS OF TOWN MONEY GIVING ANNSWERS THAT THE TOWN LEADERS WANT AND PAY FOR .  THESE ANSWERS USUALLY TIICK OFF  THE WAREHAM ELECTORATE . THIS SUCKER NEEDS TO GO.      FIRE RICH BOWEN NOW.

#5 2013-06-24 07:40:47

RICH BOWEN IS A SHYSTER YA HERE THAT TOWN LEADERS , HE DID AND PLAYED THE SAME GAME WITH THE LIKES OF JANE DONAHUE  AND THAT CROWD LEGITMIZING EVEY THING THAT THOSE CROOKS WANTED AND ARE YOU COMFERTABLE PAYING HIM FOR THE SAME ANSWERS YOU WANT . HE IS A SHYSTER HIREING HIM SELF OUT FOR BIG BUCKS  AND SCREWING THE WAREHAM TAXPAYERS.  HE IS A SHYSTER FOR HIRE AND WILL GIVE YOU THE ANSWERS TOU WANT DEPENDING ON WHO IS IN POWER . IF JAYNE DONAHUE AND COMPANY WANT AN ANSWER YOU WILL GET THE  ANSWER YOU WANT , AND IF THE OTHER SIDE IS IN POWER THEN YOU WILL GET A DIFFERENT ANSWER , WHOW WHAT A SHYSTER.

#6 2013-06-24 08:59:07

billw wrote:

mapex7066 wrote:

And the answer is always just get a lawyer.

There's a neighborhood here in town that objected not long ago to an unsightly water tower the Water Dept decided to build without consulting anyone. The uproar passed, the tower erected and when it was all said and done those neighbors realized just how badly they were screwed. The below ground option they were told was too expensive actually bid out at the roughly the same price.

The politically connected contractor made a tidy sum, no doubt bribing local officials in the process. THAT'S Wareham.

Actually I was saying how the town's answer would always be to just get a lawyer. I don't agree that we should have to, it should NEVER have to come to that.
As for the water tower, yes I've seen the massive ugly thing.  I live nowhere near it, my water doesn't come from it, yet I have to pay for it. Every time I get my water bill, it has gone up with added fees.  I called to question the fees and was told about pumps and tanks on the opposite side of town that have nothing to do with me. I asked about that too, and the lady told me that my water source would be switched over to them if mine ever failed.  So, why do we come home to brown water, sometimes as dark as coca-cola, so often?  I want to say about 3 or 4 times a year, and thats NOT when they're flushing the hydrants.  Sometimes it takes an hour of running the hose into the street before it clears up, in the meantime increasing my water usage & bill. Before moving to Wareham, I can't recall ever once having brown water in the other towns I lived in, ever.

#7 2013-06-24 09:39:56

Where are the penultimate leaders on this and every other troubling issue in Town...........yep, our illustrious Selectmen ????  They have all failed us, over and over.  Not just the old group, Brucie, Jane and Brenda, all of them including the bad decision makers who currently sit on the Board.

Step one...........Get rid of Bowen, more common sense, less legal expense.

Step two...........Make good decisions that are pro public, instead of the politically smelling ones you make every week that only help the chosen few.

Step three.........Admit to the public that we are in big trouble and vow to clean the mess up or resign.

Step four...........Get a Town Administrator who can do the job, not some back bencher who does not have a clue.  Wareham should not be the training grounds for a Town Administrator.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com