#1 2013-03-02 06:13:37

I have plenty of excuses for failing to muster the 50 valid nominating signatures required to appear on April's ballot but bottom line, I bellied up short.

Some of the disputed signatures were valid voters who failed to list the right addresses. Other signatures I was convinced the town clerk would dispute passed unchallenged. I made a neophyte's mistakes and pushed everything to the last minute. A recent move across town and February's nor'easter didn't help. Neither did the dread of actually running for public office and canvassing door to door, bar stool to bar stool. Any reporter who doesn't instinctively view elected officials as enemy suspects is cracked.

So what next? I've notified the clerk's office of my intention to campaign for Town Moderator as a write-in candidate. More soon, stay tooned.

#2 2013-04-02 09:27:03

Best of luck in today's election, Bill.

People should be thankful that you care enough about Wareham to walk the walk after the talk.

#3 2013-04-03 16:37:16

I am serious when I say that I am surprised that you had the number of votes you received, Bill.

A write in candidate, not spending any money, actually had people take the time to write in a name they had to remember how to spell.

Good for you....

I am sure you would have received a lot of votes if you actually had your name on the ballot, or if your name was on the ballot for Selectman.

In any case...everyone should thank you for sticking your neck out, accepting ridicule, working hard, and demonstrating how important it is to stay involved.

Don't ever give up.

#4 2013-04-04 05:23:57

Thanks, Dan. I'm relieved it's over.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com