#1 2012-05-31 17:48:28

this site is a valuable tool and things have got better because of this   site , keep it going  ,dont get discouraged , this was a valuable tol during the election ,things are slow now , but remember crooks come on many colors  , and when someone has a problem  in wareham they can always post it here , this is an needed site to keep the people in wareham hosest

#2 2012-05-31 17:50:28

there are those in wareham that say we should bury the hatchet and get along  ,well i dont want  that hatchet buried in my back.

#3 2012-05-31 17:52:29

this site informed many that ther e were proplems in wareham and bill i am in your corner

#4 2012-05-31 21:31:14

Maybe we should all chip in and help Bill defray some of the costs.

#5 2012-05-31 22:49:12

Thats What I Am Doing  I Am Giving Him Some Money To Defray Costs , Everybody Who Beleaves In This Site Send Bill A Check Something Will Help ,anything Will Help 25 , Or 50 Dollars Anything ,he Has Costs Of Maintaining This Site  He Lives On Gibbs Ave, ,but He Also Needs Incoragement, And People Need To Be Posting Info On This Site About The Things Happening In  Wareham.

#6 2012-06-01 08:20:50

I will share something that Bill sent me several weeks ago, when I asked if his health and well being were worth being compromised by the continuation of this site:

" Warehamwater is here to stay.
>
> My total bandwidth costs, including overseas backup storage, total $360 a year, more or less. That's five very different websites, including this one, across 3 separate severs. Domain name registrations add some freight but not much.
>
> It's a small price to pay for all the entertainment they give back, even subtracting for the occasional nuisance. None of them are afflicted by advertisers of any description.
>
> What Wareham utterly lacks, and has consistently refused to support, is honest and informed news reporting. Puff pieces, and press releases, Wareham boasts in glutton abundance.
>
> If it sounds like I shaved the perfect candidate for the job just this morning, you're wrong. Last time I shaved was Sunday.
>
> It's work, a full time job, and deserves at least a peasant's wage. It paid my rent and put food on my table many years."

I think that says it all. Any donations to continue the site, I know, will be gratefully accepted.

If you want it to stay, help Bill.

#7 2012-06-01 11:38:49

danoconnell wrote:

> It's work, a full time job, and deserves at least a peasant's wage. It paid my rent and put food on my table many years."

I think that says it all. Any donations to continue the site, I know, will be gratefully accepted.

If you want it to stay, help Bill.

Ack! I'm not sure that's what I was driving at, Dan.

News reporting is at least a 40 hour a week job and I've only rarely done that here, usually while berating myself with questions like, " The fuck am I doing? No one's paying me for this shit?!"

News reporting means getting out every work day and pounding on doors, making a bloody nuisance of yourself, talking to people face to face, attending tedious meetings at least five times a week, writing business profiles, summarizing events and just thinking how much longer this list is makes me dizzy.

The easiest  way to describe it by pointing to the best news reporter this region has the great good fortune to call its own: Standard-Times columnist Steve Urbon, whose ex-wife works for my ex-wife at the Providence Journal. The job does not lend itself to stable marriages, at least not in my experience.

No one, let me repeat, no one does it alone.

If this is what y'all want, let's talk. Otherwise, keep your money, what you see is what you get, which is whenever the spirit moves my lazy ass.

The website runs itself. That's not work.

#8 2012-06-01 13:03:17

I'm glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor, Bill.

In any case, accept the donations that come in...the site can't pay for itself.

Let's see how important it really is :)

Meantime...watch your step in the garden...I heard tools will attack their owners without provocation.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com