#1 2012-05-24 23:51:50

Please consider this a formal request to void Wareham Police Chief Richard Stanley's employment contract with the Town for non-compliance with its clearly specified requirement for residency within 15 miles of Wareham.

I am making identical requests of Interim Town Administrator John Foster and the MA Civil Service Commission charged with this oversight.

Sincerely,

William Palmer Whitehouse

cc: Steve Holmes, Chairman, Wareham Board of Selectmen
John Foster, Wareham Town Administrator
Christopher C. Bowman, Chairman, MA Civil Service Commission

#2 2012-05-25 14:40:22

Good for you, Bill.

Time to start cleaning house...

#3 2012-05-26 15:01:01

This is another example of the arrogance and the attitude of getting away with something and to hell with what is right or wrong. People in this state are searching for jobs that can support their families, one job, instead of working two or three jobs.

Stanley pushed for ALL the money and as part of his contract he has to live within 15 miles of town. If he thinks living in Andover is more important than what he agreed to in his contract then let him leave or let the TA fire him.  He is the police chief in a crisis he should be close not an hour and a half away.

Thanks for keeping us updated Bill.

#4 2012-05-26 22:07:38

dan send me abunch of pictures of the cafe on the beach. I hava CEDA director interested in moving forward with the project.

#5 2012-05-30 13:49:10

I talked to MA Civil Service Commissioner Christopher C. Bowman this morning. The notarized document below, and a cashier's check for the $75 filing fee will arrive by certified express mail before noon tomorrow.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/Civil_Service_Commission.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#6 2012-05-30 14:25:59

Ok you cheap bastards. Donations to defray these unanticipated costs are cheerfully accepted, confidentiality assured.

Thank you.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/cashierscheck.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#7 2012-05-30 15:35:25

Bill...does Civil Service have any influence on the Chief's contract?

I think only the appointing authority, i.e., the BOS can fire the Chief.

I hope I am wrong...but... I think you got screwed out of $75.00.

Of course, rich bastards like you, the 1%... can afford it :)

$75.00 to send a freakin' letter???

#8 2012-05-30 16:36:56

Maybe but someone needs to step up and do something besides whine.

How about it, pillowbiters?! Going to start calling and writing your selectmen, to publicly remind them - from now until they face voters next April - exactly who approved this rotten contract?

I'm still not sure whether to believe it but someone told me today New York City pays its police chief LESS than Wareham.

Anyway you look at it, this is a fucking embarrassment.  Pussies!

#9 2012-05-30 18:15:14

Ok. I know when I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Officers of the Wareham Police Department, more so than any one else in this town, stood up to Bully Bruce Sauvageau and almost single handedly brought him down. They argued reasonably until they were heard. Now, faced with a more immediate bully threat, they refuse to stand up for themselves. What's changed? For one, Tom Joyce isn't here any more.

Nothing I say or do will change that. This is not my fight, guys. On this subject, you're on your own.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com