#1 2012-05-14 10:06:41

Can somebody help me out with this?  This town is about the most unresponsive one I've ever lived in.  Results from the town garage are almost impossible to get regardless of how long or how patiently you wait. Nobody in the admininstrator's office ever seems to actually answer their phone, e-mails to them go unanswered, they claim to have not gotten the fax, etc.
Who is the town administrator's boss?
Thanks !

#2 2012-05-14 10:23:51

mapex7066 wrote:

Can somebody help me out with this?  This town is about the most unresponsive one I've ever lived in.  Results from the town garage are almost impossible to get regardless of how long or how patiently you wait. Nobody in the administrator's office ever seems to actually answer their phone, e-mails to them go unanswered, they claim to have not gotten the fax, etc.
Who is the town administrator's boss?

On paper, the selectmen but they will no doubt tell you Wareham is between Town Administrators and the acting TA has his hands full. Which is true.

Staffing at Municipal Maintenance was cut by roughly 2/3 a couple years ago, down now to maybe 7 Indians and 5 chiefs for the entire town.

Can't hurt to tell us what kind of issues you face. Maybe we can help.

#3 2012-05-14 21:19:56

Well there are a few. But right now its the condition of our street. If I wrote the details this post would go on forever. But the ultra condensed version is that our crappy dirt road is a mess and needs to be graded. This was THE ONLY street in this entire area to not be paved after the sewer main was installed. We were told we were getting recycled, ground asphalt to at least make it better than the horrible shape it was in.  Last year when the paving phase of the sewer project came along, we got dirt/gravel again when everyone else got blacktop. Myself and my neighbor met with Mark Andrews, Gifford and his sidekick, and a couple of others from the town garage. I explained and showed them how the surface was already deteriorating 2 days after being layed down and was no better than before, despite the fact that we were going to have to pay a BETTERment for it. I pointed out that if they could at least make it a little better, we wouldnt have to haunt them every year to grade it. They ignored us. Now we have huge potholes to mess up our suspensions in addition to a looming $23,000 betterment fee.
I realize the staff was cut and I can surely sympathize with that, its not good, but thats also not our fault and this administration sees fit to charge us for sewer we didnt need, including paying the same price for re-paving we didnt get. When you call the town garage and ask to have the surface graded, you're told it will be put on "the list". I'm not sure this list exists, or if it does, what gets looked at then just crossed out. We pay as much or more in taxes than others in the area, pay them on time, but have to hassle with this.

#4 2012-05-14 21:32:19

Mr or Mrs Mapex7066 - either give me a call at 508-536-5612 or send me an email at sholmes@wareham.ma.us

We will do our best to track down your issues and get resolution.

Thanks
Steve

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com