#1 2012-03-06 23:05:52

Well we are having Warhame Works again. the Andrews road show. This year looks like it is concentrating on education. This is important to incoming employers. They do want to know that there is a well educated workforce. But they dont include the local vocational High school or the Career Center that offer training in the trades and other areas. They do not say how they have invited new employers to expand the job opportunities, it is a road show nothing more. at the expense of the Town with no results the last three have no track record why do it again. tractor Supply has been trying to open for nine months. I went to the Career Center today for an interview and was told that it was post pond due to the fact that the store was delayed from opening until at least June no explanation as to what is holding them up but i think I know. If a viable business opens in the old Staples building Donahue will have no place to dump his garbage.  sorry just wanted a job interview today and am very upset. The Career Center was very nice and tried to help every way they could Target has openings for Part Time help and Lowe's is looking for part time also. but I need full time employment. This town has to become more employer friendly. Stop fighting everyone who want to expand or move in. we need the jobs. I have not posted here in a long time but i am frustrated. we need change.

#2 2012-03-07 08:54:40

Big basketball fan that he is, the "game-show host" Andrews is hoping for another State Championship!!two years ago he took full advantage and trotted the team out at this event..like everything else he speaks of, lots of fluff and no substance..

How's that Chamber working out, Andrew's crony's girlfriend at the helm??

#3 2012-03-10 16:52:18

The new "Chamber" thought they would be getting Ray Pezzoli, Jr.'s money, that's the only reason they formed.  Ray contacted the TA about his will and mentioned $ left to the Wareham Chamber of Commerce.  He's been away from Wareham a long time and was unaware we no longer had one.  Soon after the letter from Ray, they began forming.  Guess what ~ Ray is disgusted with the TA, WHS, etc. and is leaving his money to St. Patrick's Church.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com