#1 2011-10-22 19:34:32

Long standing commitments will take me all over creation the next couple months. I'll check in from time to time and update the front page as events warrant. Email should reach me within 12 hours.

Wareham Water's forum is in the capable hands of Dan O'Connell and Dave DiPietro to manage as they see fit.

If [redacted] zombies reanimate here, click the private mail links above and give Dan and Dave living hell. Thank you, and...

Hasta luego.

Bill Whitehouse

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#2 2011-11-07 10:08:20

billw wrote:

Wareham Water's forum is in the capable hands of Dan O'Connell and Dave DiPietro to manage as they see fit.

If [redacted] zombies reanimate here, click the private mail links above and give Dan and Dave living hell.

Bill..Dan... I'm "checking out" as one of your fellow administrator's here. As my last "act" I'll be banning myself after this post. I still plan to be around..I just don't want to be held (in any way) accountable for the "words" of others anymore...something I've spoken to both of you about before.

As an additional FYI.. I've decided that the next BoS meeting will (almost certainly) be the last one I post online. I've contacted Steve Holmes and Cara Winslow in the hopes that they might "get the ball rolling" on the town posting them on the town website in the future. I believe that Schneider, Begley and Cruz should also support this as well as Holmes and Winslow. If they think recording the audio of all town meetings is "transparent", then (I think) they all should support the posting of meeting videos on the town's website as well. If you find that having these videos posted has been "useful", then I urge you to let your selectmen know that you would like them to support the town doing it for itself. If they need help..tell them to let me know..I work cheap.

Over and out..

Dave DiPietro

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#3 2011-11-07 11:31:55

Dave,

I want to thank you for all you have done for all of us. I hope you are just taking a different tack and not riding off into the sunset.
I feel certain whatever your decisions they are well thought out.

Good luck and thanks again.

#4 2011-11-07 14:40:17

DDPTRO wrote:

Bill..Dan... I'm "checking out" as one of your fellow administrator's here. As my last "act" I'll be banning myself after this post. I still plan to be around..I just don't want to be held (in any way) accountable for the "words" of others anymore...something I've spoken to both of you about before.

Red's recent posts are at best repetitive and angry, so you could have moved or deleted them altogether and heard no complaint. I moved several of his Bobo chat-site posts offline a couple weeks ago.

There's both more and less going on here than meets the eye. I plugged back in yesterday and see nothing of note has happened in my absence, not even a Rick Stanley dog & pony show. So rug chewing to fill the void is no surprise. Fatigue is everywhere.

Stay tuned. Warehamwater is here for the long haul.

#5 2011-11-07 15:01:50

You ARE the man, Dave.

The people of Wareham owe you much. Very few of us know how much you have really done for this site and the Town.

Love you, brother...

#6 2011-11-07 15:18:35

Thanks Bill. You will always be home port no matter where we drift. It is a comfort to know our home will be there waiting. Be strong for all of us---Please.

#7 2011-11-08 09:36:04

OK, Plan B.

I created a new screen name. One without the administrative "abilities". It's my fifth "incarnation"..in order, I've been Savage Joes a Dbag, PShooter, P-SPAN, DDPTRO, and now I'm just me...a blogger using my own name. When I've created a new screen name I stopped using the previous ones.

I'm also thinking I may continue to post meeting videos. I had been trying to add all the FinCom and School Cmte. meetings as well as all the BoS meetings.. But that has become time consuming, tedious, and just plain irritating. I'm working on ways to overcome the "difficulties" and will do what I can. I still wish the town would post all these meetings (but like many things) I don't hold out much hope on it's ability to get 'er done. If you want something done right..do it yourself. So, I'll continue to try.

Menrva and Dan..thanks for the kind words..it means alot. :)

Last edited by Dave DiPietro (2011-12-15 11:11:18)

#8 2011-11-08 15:13:00

Thanks for staying around, Dave.

#9 2011-11-08 17:46:17

Forgive me if for failing to acknowledge your blood, sweat and tears here.

There are many good reasons for walking away from this. I've collected a long list of them myself. Worry over objections to the content posted here isn't among them, though.

Democratic process gets messy, more than occasionally it gets pointless and at times like this, it gets notably quiet.

From the bottom of my heart, Dave, thank you for everything you've done here.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com