• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Extremely HOt Weather about to hit Wed - Thurs - Fri - Sat?? - Sun??

#1 2011-07-19 21:48:30

We are all caring citizens, please keep an eye on family members and neighbors espcially the elderly. Make sure they have cool water, and try to keep them in from the extreme heat coming our way. Remeber we are all in this together.

#2 2011-07-19 22:30:24

Good to hear from you on this site, Steve.

You asked a question on another site that should be answered here. I think the guesses will be more acurate than the other site.

Steve wrote on Wareham Week:

"In the first 19 days of the new fiscal year, how much money has been spent on settlements with disgruntled employees, returning employess, fired employess, and other employees just put in a job , when they really belong in another job??"

I will guess, if in fact Bliss, et.al., have been paid, and Biz, etc., an amount of $325,000.00.

Add attorney fees and I am sure the number changes.

#3 2011-07-19 22:35:43

Here is a question for Steve and anyone else that may have the answer:

How much shortfall has the Tax Collector estimated based on assessment of total properties and worth in Wareham?

In my County, it amounts to just under 1 BILLION dollars...it relates to a shortfall of over 40 million dollars to the County, and over 14 million just for the school system.

There aren't cuts anymore, there is butchering.

#4 2011-07-20 07:54:34

Seniors can hang out at the COA and the library if they don’t have air conditioning. If they need transportation to the COA for lunch or just to get out of the heat call the COA. 291-3100. I think they need a 24 hour notice so please call today to set up a ride.

#5 2011-07-20 14:36:07

I hope someone has passed the word. Most seniors don't engage in internet chats or blogs.

#6 2011-07-22 15:18:12

A blistering blast furnace will greet anyone opening a  locked car today, but few realize there's immediate and simple relief.

Open one window and walk to the opposite side of the car. Open that door and quickly swing it almost closed 6 or 8 times, bellow pushing the hot air out. The effect is dramatic.

#7 2011-07-22 15:20:10

I will forever call this the BillW Move!!!

#8 2011-07-22 18:59:27

A central Missouri neighbor taught me that years ago in a little town where prudent residents always locked their cars in summer. Theft wasn't the issue. The village's rabid gardeners had a curious custom of backseat produce surplus disposal. It was demented fun but messy and stinky if you didn't catch it in time.

Last edited by billw (2011-07-22 18:59:53)

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Extremely HOt Weather about to hit Wed - Thurs - Fri - Sat?? - Sun??

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com