#1 2011-04-01 10:46:00

I authored an email to the BOS, Town Administrator, and Donna Bronk (Chair of the Fincom). I encourage each of you to let them know how you feel. We have had enough blather about accountability, transparency and fiscal responsibility...it is all TALK. We want action! Write an email, type a letter, make a call. We are the CEO's of Wareham and the BOS work for us! Body of the email I sent today.

To the Board of Selectmen:
I attended the FinCom/BOS joint meeting to reveal the F/Y 2010 audit draft. The results left me curious about the leadership and management of Wareham. It appears that all the work to address the DOR report was lip service. Why would Mr. Andrews wait an entire year to recognize the urgency of the situation and take the steps necessary to correct the problem? I realize the general answer is to blame past Administration, but that does not account for the lack of reconciliation. In the meantime, you have hired an assistant to the Accountant and a Financial Analyst. We have increased our expenditures and we still cannot complete the most basic function necessary to bring confidence to our financial results.One of the first things you learn (accounting 101) is RECONCILIATION. That term apparently means nothing to our administration and the taxpayers of this town are due an apology and, in my opinion, the resignation of the Town Administrator and Town Accountant. I am fairly sure we cannot count on the Board of Selectmen to make the decision. All the talk about accountability and transparency is just that, TALK. Our leadership has failed the taxpayers. Our Administration has failed the taxpayers. If you truly cared about moving the town "forward", it would be prudent to take action now.

Larry McDonald

#2 2011-04-01 10:52:17

Ask the candidates for Selectmen how they feel about the current financial situation. I am guessing two of the candidates (Mike and Ellen) are willing to give Andrews and Biz a pass. According to Mike, we have made great strides in fiscal responsiblity. I think he might want to rethink that.

#3 2011-04-01 13:50:17

Jennifer Petersen has a nice piece under discussion on her web page.

#4 2011-04-01 14:05:02

Just a bit more information: Our Town Accountant received a pay increase and bonus! You can't make this stuff up!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com