#1 2011-03-30 11:58:15

Good morning!

Still chucklin' over that thigh-slappin' one-liner that Andrews got off about Stanley during his sit-down routine. Oh wait. there was nothing funny about hearing the same ol' same ol'. Never mind.

Last Friday was Wall Street's "triple-witching" hour,  when a bunch of stock option, futures, etc. expire. This causes an increase in trading and volatility.

This Friday is Wareham's witching hour, on two counts.

1. The Bd. of Assessors has posted a meeting for 1:00 PM. Hmmm. Will the BoA get to learn who the T/A has nominated as the new Director of Assessment? Will the BoA vote on such? Will it be a familiar name? If you know anyone who practices Wicca, you may want to request a spell for Friday at 1:00 PM.

2. Stanley, in his cryptic memo to the No. Andover T/A, stated that the part-time gig in Wareham would end on March 31 (my wording). So what happens at midnight? Does Stanley turn into a pumpkin (don't go there)? Will the witches from MacBeth be out front of the town Hall on Friday, stirring a cauldron featuring "eye of newt"?

Or, will Andrews show up at Town Hall in a pointed hat, black cape, riding a broom he procured in Salem; and announce to all that the Stanley/Donahue stuff was nothing but a big April Fool's joke. Don't look now, but the joke's on you.

#2 2011-03-31 15:37:43

March 31, 3:30 PM.

Well,well,well. The last day of the month has turned into a triple witching hour, given the great news on the audit. Hey! what's $900,000+ among friends?

So, once again: Quo Vadis, Stanley?
Ya gotta have big ones, brass ones, to hold over 50,000 people (the combined populations of Wareham & North Andover) hostage to your all-consuming greed.

And. ya gotta have big ones, brass ones, to ask the Town of Wareham in the form of its T/A and BoA to reinstate you to your position of abject failure.

It is not like this in other Towns, with minor exceptions. Is there something in the water in Wareham?

Andrews  -  Biz  -  Stanley  -  Donahue(s). Maybe its time to call the Exorcist.

Last edited by stewie (2011-03-31 15:38:51)

#3 2011-03-31 15:49:13

Sometimes the timing is perfect. I believe Stanley's last day is today. If not, maybe the new Selectmen will give Mr. Andrews a little "pep talk" on properly spending the town's money. We overspent Stanley's contract and if you take what we actually spent on Chief Stanley, you could have hired a full time Chief. I wonder where the tee times will be on Monday??? (careful what you say in Town hall)

The audit should shine a very bright light on the fiscal issues that will be facing the new Selectmen.

Speaking of new Selectmen, it's a simple choice: More of the same? (Begley/Schneider/Cronan) or new direction (DeFelice/Petersen/Bronk). It's hard to argue with the facts. Schneider and Begley have made it a point to praise the fiscal progress, which apparently isn't happening.

I just want to add that Joseph Ashley is the right choice for Deputy Moderator. The town spoke last year when they said they weren't interested in 3 more years of Donahue. Vote Ashley.

April 5th, next Tuesday!

#4 2011-03-31 16:37:31

Larry, I agree with your parsing of the candidate pool. A clear distinction exists.

I am going to posit a point about one candidtate, Donna Bronk, which may have been given less weight than it should; however, the recent audit info changes that.

Ms. Bronk has been a member of the finance committee, and is now the chair of the committee. The finance committee has a unique position in town government, in that every article to come before the Town Meeting is discussed, debated and voted on by its members. They hear from department heads, article proponents, opponents, anyone. And, their vote is communicated to every voter at the Town Meeting. It is a special opportunity to see all facets of your Town government. And to see and participate in crafting a budget for the given fiscal year.

The BoS could use someone who has been there, done that. The recent revelations from the audit strongly reinforce my opinion. You need someone on the BoS who has FinCom experience. Now.

This is not a posting against others. It is a commentary for you to think about as you consider your vote next Tuesday. But, Please...

VOTE APRIL 5, 2011

FINISH THE JOB, WAREHAM

CHANGE THE DIRECTION

#5 2011-03-31 18:37:42

Eerrfff

Last edited by redrobin (2011-03-31 19:05:12)

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com