#1 2011-03-24 09:05:38

I am hearing that Bowen law firm has been hired as town counsel for $250,000 per year.  Vote April 5 to keep the hypocrite elite from spending the town down the drain.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-24 09:06:07)

#2 2011-03-24 09:35:49

The Police Dept Was Cut 250k .and We Spend Money About 140k More Than Kand P  To Hire A New Law Firm Because We Are Comfortable With Bowen Because He Gives Us The Paid Decesions That Jajne And Brenda Want . I Will Find Out Who Voted For This And I Will Make Sure I Dont Vote For You The Next Time Around And By The Way My Sources Were Correct On The Chief If It Does Not Happen Then Some One Got Cold Feet.

#3 2011-03-24 12:13:51

Hiring a firm for over $100,000.00 more than the next submitted bid is ludicrous.

Lawyers are lawyers, either good or bad, I don't care how much you know them. You know a bad attorney, he is still a bad attorney. You know a good attorney, he is still a good attorney.

Get real...

#4 2011-03-24 12:41:29

Would someone explain to us why the Town of Wareham expects to spend more than $200,000.00 in legal fees for the next year?

Has the computer audit been completed, and what were the results?

Has the IG finished with the library investigation?

What are the results in the Lt. Bliss case, and how much did that cost Wareham?

It seems too much in administration of the Town is arbitrary.

You ask questions and you don't receive answers until it is too late.

Reminds me of the nuclear disaster in Japan. For years I asked about the evacuation plan in the event that the Pilgrim Nuclear Plant (I believe the only one left operating in Mass. and built by the same companies as the Japan plant).

I asked before I was elected a Selectman, and after I was elected the standing joke was that every meeting that I attended as a Selectman, I asked the same question....I never got an answer. I find now that there isn't any plan.

It seems to me that the same situation applies with the vision of Wareham as applied by the TA...no plan...
don't even bother to ask.

#5 2011-03-24 13:53:25

Did Winslow and Cruz really vote to approve Bowen's firm as town counsel?

#6 2011-03-24 14:04:45

Good question, Bill.

#7 2011-03-24 14:38:13

You may not be in a position to know this, but there are TWO issues regarding this decision.

1. It makes no sense to hire someone at DOUBLE (or more) the rate bid by other competent applicants. Yes. it is nice to be comfortable, but at what price? Is this an issue for the IG's office?

2. I know Ray Miyares. I worked with him elbow-to-elbow on a $50,000,000 issue for a Town. You will not find a more straight-forward, hard-working individual than Ray Miyares. But, he would be very likely to give real answers to questions, not construct legalistic mumbo-jumbo to suit the BoS agenda. That's what I saw, up close & personal.
Please note: this is not a knock on bowen or K & P.  It is strictly to alert you all to the fact that not selecting Mr.Miyares, ironically the LOW bidder, the Town loses out on a pretty damn good attorney.

Just my opinion.....

#8 2011-03-24 14:41:37

Well Who Ever Did Vote To Approve Bowens Firm Should Resign,you Show No Commen Sense ,to Spend Over  100k On Lawer Fees To Get Someone That You Feelcofortable Is Nonsense, Do You Know That The Police Dept Has Been Cut 250k , Do You Know That Workers At The Police Dept And Muncipal Maintence Have Not Had A Raise In Over 4 Years , We Taxes Payers Work Hard For Our Money ,to See You Dimb Asses Squander It , On Computor Audits With No Results ,   Dont Plan On Running Again ,i Will Not Support You For Paying Such High Amounts ,                        Have You Know  Common Sense  And You Are Dumb Asses ,why In The Hell Did You Run When You Jump On The Wagon Of Cronism So Easy.

#9 2011-03-24 14:44:09

Supposedly...Cara "battled" against the choice of "Bowen's" firm with Steve..who's stance was that Andrews, as chief procurement officer, could choose whoever he wanted (why have the BoS vote at all then, Steve?)..after they went "round and round" for awhile..Cara (in frustration?) made the motion to appoint Blatman, Bobrowski and Mead (Bowen's firm). The final vote was 4-1, with Eckstrom the lone dissenting vote (she apparently wanted Miyares and Harrington).

Here (again) is the BoS discussion about it from 3/15/11.

#10 2011-03-24 14:45:04

This Is An Issue For The Attorney  General This Decesion STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN.

Last edited by redrobin (2011-03-24 14:47:35)

#11 2011-03-24 14:46:25

redrobin wrote:

Well Who Ever Did Vote To Approve Bowens Firm Should Resign

Thank you, Red.

#12 2011-03-24 14:55:16

Oh I Like Mr Bowen He Gives Us The Decions We Like , We Tell Him  The Answer We Want  ,we Pay Him And We Get The Answer We Like,    Corupition,  We Hire Miles Burke He Does Not Have The Proper Licenses Yet  We Over Pay Him And We Give Him A 10 % Raise.

#13 2011-03-24 14:55:52

The New Selectmen Should Recind This Decesion.

#14 2011-03-24 15:02:06

Why Did Bowen Leave His Last Job?

#15 2011-03-24 15:28:06

While we're on the topic of exorbitant legal fees, a good project for any enterprising reporters out there would be to check in on the status of the many lawsuits that have cost the town significant dollars due to the Hypocrite Elite's staggering incompetence over the past few years.

There are several that have been ongoing for quite some time, it would be interesting to get updates on them and find out answers as to why the town is forced to foot the legal bill for poor decisions made by the Hypocrite Elite.

#16 2011-03-25 08:53:05

I sent Cara Winslow an email asking her why(?) she "went the way she did" on the Town Counsel vote..she responded..

Selectwoman Winslow wrote:

The vote was 4-1 with Brenda in the negative, she preferred a different firm. The quote was reduced to match the second quote at $187,500.00, the budget for legal is $250,000.00. The TA controls the budget, so no matter what the BoS did with the appointment of Town Council the TA can still spend the full budgeted amount (and legal is an account that can go into deficit). Even though K & P was the "cheapest" quote they have certainly had no issues with running our bills sky high the last four years. So, in fact, the quote of the new firm is $72,500.00 higher then K & P's, leaving the TA approximately $62,000.00 for other legal services. The Town actually uses different law firms for different things. He (TA) gets $250,000.00, I told him in no uncertain terms that he is FULLY responsible for staying within that budget and will be held FULLY responsible for any overage.

Makes more sense (to me) now...(thanks Cara).

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com