• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » WW: Selectmen discuss policy to end voting at schools, School Dept.

#1 2011-03-24 16:05:42

Cyndi Murray & Jaime Rebhan wrote:

Selectman Brenda Eckstrom Tuesday asked the Board of Selectmen to expel school officials from their Town Hall offices in light of a new School Department policy that would ban voting from taking place at Wareham schools. But school officials say no such policy exists.

WW: Selectmen discuss policy to end voting at schools, School Dept.

Rabinovitch Letter to Andrews dated 11/3/10

click (then click again) for max zoom

#2 2011-03-24 16:09:33

Well...that says it all, doesn't it?

#3 2011-03-24 16:24:28

danoconnell wrote:

Well...that says it all, doesn't it?

That said it all four months ago. Why is this news now?

#4 2011-03-24 16:43:33

billw wrote:

Bill, I realize you don't like things posted here coming from other sites. We aren't "reporters"..but we are a source for "news", I think.

This is news (now) because (..as it says in the quote I posted) Brenda is trying to boot the school committee out of town hall before she exits..

Nothing new going on here..I've always added stories from elsewhere..(as you often do from the ST)..I view this site as a "hub" of sorts..one stop shopping. Let me know when the posts are acceptable to you, because it's getting a little hard to tell.

#5 2011-03-24 17:06:55

Passions always run high at election time :)

#6 2011-03-24 17:07:17

I read the memo above, asking to move precincts 4 and 5 out of Decas school is a far cry from there being a school system wide ban on polling places...maybe Brenda is overreacting a bit?

#7 2011-03-24 17:07:39

Brenda overreacting, I know hard to imagine.

#8 2011-03-24 17:23:10

DDPTRO wrote:

billw wrote:

This is news (now) because (..as it says in the quote I posted) Brenda is trying to boot the school committee out of town hall before she exits..

Again, this is news? Brenda has her own spokesmodel.

DDPTRO wrote:

Nothing new going on here..I've always added stories from elsewhere.

Read a little deeper, Dave. Three new stories broke first on this site just today.

#9 2011-03-24 17:38:55

Bill, the story has been "unfolding" since Tuesday's BoS meeting..

Andrews acted like he knew nothing of Rabinovitch's concerns about student safety as a reason for discontinuing voting at Decas School. Bobo quoted Mary Ann Silva as saying:

Town Clerk Mary Ann Silva said she was contacted by the principal of the Decas School following last April's election and was told that the Decas School would no longer be available for elections.

"I told her it was not that simple. There is a process you have to follow by law. She told me that the school didn't have enough room and we would need to move out."

Silva said the issue of student safety was never broached.

"She didn't convey anything about safety. Anytime there was a safety concern in the past we would hire an extra police detail. That request always came from (former Decas principal) Ana Miranda. But no such request was made last year. The Decas principal (Christine Panarese) never told me there was a safety issue. She said it was an issue of the school being too crowded, that she needed to use the gym for classrooms."

The letter I posted (above) directly contradicts Andrews and Silva..and you have it here, first, on your site..an "exclusive". But, hey..whatever.

#10 2011-03-24 17:48:37

Yeah...let's end it.

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » WW: Selectmen discuss policy to end voting at schools, School Dept.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com