#1 2011-03-21 18:59:17

This website has been accused of many things.  One thing I can say for certain is that once information is "found" out it is disseminated here.  The good, the bad and sometimes the ugly.  I know there are many military personnel that blog on here and one thing has been hounding my mind. 

Many times people don't know what to say to deploying soldiers and their families.  People will say thank you for your support and shake your hand, but other than that many people do not understand or even realize the sacrifices that the families left behind make as well.  Most importantly, the children.  They are the true heroes. 

I came across a young girl the other day who shared with my children that her dad was deployed.  She was about 10.  I shook her hand and thanked her for her service.  I explained to her that she was the true hero and that without her sacrifice and understanding that the soldiers would not be able to do their job.  She beamed with pride and at the same time was very shy.  Her grandmother was in tears.  It's true though.  The children are the ones that take the brunt of everything.  They are the ones that have to deal with only having one parent at home and have to take on more responsibilities while still hearing about the "war" going on in the world.  They are unsure of their parents safety.  They have no control.

While my husbands deployment is dwindling down my children are showing signs of having problems as a direct result of this deployment (this would be the second one).  I urge everyone to take the time when they see a soldier with their family to also take the time to thank the children.  I urge everyone to stop for a moment and say a little prayer, not just for the soldiers but for their families left behind as well.

My conversations with my husband are typically brief.  Within those discussions the towns political issues have arisen.  I can assure you that he is not happy with the way this town is being run, as well as the way many people (hiding behind screen names while spewing pathetic political rants) who think they know everything.  I can also assure you that while it would be nice to be involved with the day to day politics, soldiers have a mission and need to focus on their mission.  I chose not to waste my time explaining every little detail to him, but he knows what is going on.  While my husband is fighting for our freedom others like to take this time to play their pathetic games.  While many people have the right to their pathetic, vile, disgusting, distorted, twisted views, I have the right to set your ass straight.  Man up.  Take a look in the mirror.  Integrity, respect and honesty.  Frank DeFlice seems like a man that has looked in the mirror.  He has history in the selectman position (in another town) and has shown his dedication to this town. His track record seems to one that embodies integrity, respect and honesty. 

To wind this down, please step back and be grateful for what we do have and realize with this upcoming election that OUR town could be going back to the way things used to run if we don't man up, stand up and vote!

#2 2011-03-21 19:02:52

Semper Fi, Nikki

#3 2011-03-21 19:57:54

Well said Nikki! I know you speak from the heart!

#4 2011-03-21 20:56:39

NDiPasquale, I just signed up here today because of your very touching letter.  We'll say a prayer for your husbands safety and that he makes it home very soon.  Ive also seen the abuse you personally have been taking on Robert Slagers Wareham Observer site,  seeing the vicious chat attacks first hand has proven one thing, I will NEVER SUPPORT ANY of the candidates he's pushing for.  By the looks of all the ads in his paper the Begley/Schneider group seem to be the chosen ones.   I have been around town for quiet some time and I will make damn sure everyone I know these two selectmen candidates support this rogue reporter and his vicious "the sky is falling" antics.  Jim Jones would be proud on him for the following he's gathered.

Keep up the good work!  "A blow with a word strikes deeper than a blow with a sword."

#5 2011-03-21 21:04:32

Nikki, Thank you and your entire family for your service and sacrifice. You're an inspiration.

#6 2011-03-22 13:38:30

Thank you everyone for the kind words.  I really do appreciate it. Spanky-thank you!  The sky is falling antics have grown so tiresome at this point, I think that people are starting to tune those people out.  Kind of like the boy who cried wolf.   

Slager, ofcourse took my post and tried to turn it into something else.  Notice all he could come up with is the Anti-American venom?    Notice he didn't mention one thing about the sacrificies of deployed families (children)? 

The epitome of patriotism is voting.  How the hell could one be un-patriotic if they vote?  Instead, he will continue to write article after article of how great he is, how everyone else is so mean and how OUR town will be destroyed if we don't vote in Ellen and Mike.  Might he take a look in the mirror?  Might he look up the definitions of libel, slander and integrity?  Nah, ignoring all that makes for better creative writing!

Whatever, the letter was not intended for him anyways (it's not always about you Bobo!).  It was intended for the people on this website and those that read it (still not about you Bobo!).  It was two-fold.  A way for me to do my small part in making people aware of the difficulties families face during deployments (particularly the children).  The second part was to give my opinion about Frank DeFlice.  I am in support of Frank DeFlice.  How you could take my opinion and turn it into anything else? Just goes to show you couldn't hack it in the real world Bobo (yes, that part was about you!) 

Frank, you have my support.  Everyone is allowed to have their opinion.  I think it is safe to say take a look at the differing opinions on this website and you will see no one is attacking each other due to having  a difference of opinion.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com