#1 2011-03-20 16:15:13

Wow, I just had a conversation with someone who told me they were speaking with former selectman (and current selectman candidate) John Cronan..and Cronan relayed a conversation he'd recently had with Jane Donahue, asking for her (and Eckstrom's) endorsement in the upcoming election. Apparently Jane responded that they couldn't endorse him because they needed to maintain control of the BoS, and that's why they'd be endorsing MWF's slate of Schneider and Begley. Furthermore, I was told Cronan would tell anyone who asked..that this conversation did (in fact) take place..so, when Bobo and the tinhats inevitably doubt this "rumor"..I urge them, or anyone else to go ask John Cronan himself.

#2 2011-03-20 16:24:53

"maintain control of the BOS..."

Precisely the point that I was making about the Bee Jays. it appears, however, that a minor adjustment is in order.

We'll drop John Cronan from the Jays. We'll substitute a certain Bridgewater Jones character. That will give us Jane, 2 Johns & a Jones.

One thing doesn't change. The Bee Jays want to control the BoS & the Town. There's an easy counter to that, now, isn't there.

VOTE APRIL 5, 2011

COMPLETE THE JOB, WAREHAM

DELETE THE HYPOCRITICAL ELITE

#3 2011-03-20 19:17:30

we all know  that jayne and brenda want control ,they want to control  the board and put there puppits on the bos.,they want there fingers on the TA, they want the the assesors job ,there freinds will get abaments and there enemies ,those who wont accept them and do the right things to make warehem great again,    they will get taxed at higher rates like the last time he was an assesor in past years , you can take there crap i will not , donna and cronie have been tossed aside because they are not stepford wifes like jayne and brenda want ,                                                                                                   
they have annoited there heirs apparent mike and ellen , where this past sat, at cup of the bay you got free cups of coffee for voting for mike , bribes if you will and can you imagine that you would sell your vote for a cup of coffee,                         i say now is the time to tell jayne and brenda this is our town and not the donahues town.                               we need to get behind frank and jennifer , send them capaign donations if you will , hold a sign ,go  to franks campign pancake breakfast on march the 26 or jennifers spagettii supper on the 27 th, they are the only canditates we have  that can win , i hope they will make us proud when they are elected  and make us proud of wareham again.

Last edited by redrobin (2011-03-20 19:25:02)

#4 2011-03-20 20:12:43

Maybe someone should ask cronin at the opl debate about this

#5 2011-03-21 21:40:40

Did anyone watch the HBO series "Boardwalk Empire" last Fall?

The show chronicles the corrupt 1920's administration of Atlantic City political boss Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, and hate to say it, but it reminds me a bit of this year's election in Wareham.

In one episode, Thompson's ruling regime is threatened when his party's candidates become plagued by scandal during a hotly contested election with challengers calling for reform.

Thompson seeks out his mentor, an old man named "The Commodore," who was the political boss of Atlantic City prior to Nucky's regime, but has since retired.

"Bait and switch" was the Commodore's advice.  The voters can't get over your candidates' transgressions?  Then have those candidates step aside and replace them with newcomers who are loyal to your cause.  Give the voters the same old thing, but trick them into thinking they're getting something different.

Putting a new face on an old machine.  Putting lipstick on a pig.  Call it what you will.  Nucky takes his mentor's advice, replaces his old disliked candidates with fresh faces who are loyal to him, and the Atlantic City voters swallow the bait hook, line, and sinker.

Let's hope Wareham voters will be a bit smarter.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com