#1 2011-03-17 11:33:18

http://wareham-ma.villagesoup.com/colum … 5135#15914

On April 5, 2011, voters will head to the ballot box to make decisions about the future leadership of Wareham. The political rhetoric has begun to ramp up and it will only increase as we grow closer to Election Day, April 5th, 2011. It would be nice to judge candidates based on what they say, but it is difficult to separate the empty promises from the true desire to improve our town. How do we educate ourselves on the candidates? How do we elect the right candidates to bring accountability, fiscal responsibility, and leadership to Wareham? I suggest WE read, think, and vote.

There is no question Wareham has seen better days. On April 6th, 2010, voters dutifully flocked to the poll to voice their desire for change. In that election, three incumbents were sent packing. It was just the beginning. In this election, two incumbents, perhaps sensing the growing discontent of the voters, decided not to run. Does that mean we will see a change in philosophy or leadership? That is where we, as voters, have to do our research. Look beyond the campaign slogans and promises. If you have the time, there are newspapers and websites with a plethora of information on candidates. Does their background show leadership and sustained success? Do any of the candidates have a history of dealing with municipal government? Do they have a clear understanding of executive management principles? Are they able to speak out and stand strong or do they “go along to get along”? Most importantly, does the candidate represent the voice of the people or do they represent the same agenda that has made Wareham the butt of jokes around the Commonwealth? Can they mobilize the entire town and not just partisan voters?

Please pay attention to their assessment of where Wareham is. Do they see the issues that face Wareham? Are they aware of the financial difficulties facing our town? What is their response to our current administration asking us to spend ALL of Free Cash (over $1 Million) to balance the most recent three years?

The most important right you have is your right to vote. Your vote can be the difference between a bright future for Wareham or more of the same “mess” this town has endured.

Thank you for your time.

Please vote April 5th.

Larry McDonald
Maple Springs Road

#2 2011-03-17 12:26:04

Good letter, Larry.

You bring up perhaps the most important issue of all: money.

How does the Town overcome what will be a shocking shortfall in the next few months? No reserve account, a "B" bond rating, no borrowing power, no credibility, no qualified people in place for many positions...It will be a long couple of years...you need people that can stand the heat.

#3 2011-03-18 14:55:03

What is truly amazing is how little people know about me and how simple their minds must be to think they even have a clue. I believe BillW can clear this up in short order.

I am NOT GuyIncognito.

Since the return of WarehamWater I have only posted a very few times and that has been just recently under my name, Larry McDonald. I had to ask BillW to drag it out of moth balls so I could make the posts. I have no desire to post anything under an alias.

Len, you need to grow up and get a life....your extreme infatuation with me is unsettling. Please don't send flowers.....I'm just not in to you.

#4 2011-03-18 15:33:42

I am an Administrator on this site and I will attest to the fact that Larry McDonald is registered under his real name only, and has never posted on this site, since it resumed, under any other name.

I know my other two administrators will agree with me.

#5 2011-03-18 15:35:47

Hello,

I just checked into the situation, convened a fact finding task force who reviewed the issue carefully, and we came to the conclusion that I am not Larry.

#6 2011-03-18 16:07:21

Thank you, Guy...

#7 2011-03-18 16:50:19

I can confirm that Guy isn't Larry..I can also confirm that LenSkynyrd is a Bobo diehard, an idiot..and not worth responding to..and "Lenny" (is that a mouse in your pocket, or are you just happy to see Bobo?)..I'm glad I "make you sick"..the feeling's mutual.

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-03-18 16:51:18)

#8 2011-03-18 17:37:04

Tha's rite, D...

#9 2011-03-18 17:43:23

I wonder why the maggot is so enamored by Bob Brady...don't you?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com