#1 2011-03-06 17:16:25

Only in Wareham is pointing out that a political candidate pled guilty to a crime considered a bad thing.  So be it, the voters have a right to know.

Dutiful lackey that he is, Bobo continues to write off Cronie's past run in with the law as a "mistake" and "irrelevant."  Do you agree?  Read the following report regarding the incident and decide for yourself:

OTIS AIR FORCE INSPECTOR CHARGED WITH TAKING GRATUITIES, U.S. ATTORNEY ANNOUNCES
Article from:PR Newswire Article date:May 1, 1995

BOSTON, May 1 /PRNewswire/ -- A field inspector at Otis Air National Guard Base has been indicted for receiving illegal gratuities from a defense contractor in connection with his oversight of a $5 million government contract.

United States Attorney Donald K. Stern said that JOHN P. CRONAN, 36, 207 Charge Pond Road, Wareham, MA, was charged by a federal grand jury with unlawfully receiving approximately $3,800 in goods and services from the American Testing and Engineering Corporation ("ATEC Associates, Inc."), which was performing a Department of Defense contract at Otis Air Base to upgrade the fuel storage and distribution facilities. The indictment alleges that CRONAN, who was employed as a field inspector pursuant to a state service contract, had the specific responsibility to oversee and inspect the work performed by ATEC on the federal contract. In May and July, 1993, it is alleged that CRONAN, while serving as a public official, received from employees of ATEC things of value for his personal residence, namely five to seven truck loads of loam, two truck loads of wood chips, and hydro-seeding and grading of his property.

If convicted of this charge, CRONAN faces a maximum punishment of two years imprisonment and a fine of $250,000. The case was investigated by special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Office of Special Investigations of the U.S. Air Force, and will be prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney S. Theodore Merritt of the Public Corruption and Special Prosecutions Unit.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-06 17:22:29)

#2 2011-03-06 18:40:31

Andthis Guy Who Called Town Employees  Dirty Rats , Who Voted To Waste 100 K In A Failed Attempt To Discredit Town Employees  In A Computor Investigation Of Town Employees Which Amounted To Nothing, He Has The Nerve To Run For Selectmen ,he Was Convicted Of This Charge , Shall We Put Again This Crook In Charge Of  Our Finances , I Say No ,and Anyone Votes For This Convicted Thief Should Hang There Head In Shame.     Crook.

#3 2011-03-06 18:43:04

Well...it seems that the "mistake", in today's dollars, was about $20,00.00 of Federal theft.

Was he convicted? What was his sentance...does anyone know?

#4 2011-03-06 20:33:13

Dan-O, he copped a plea.

The Hypocrite Elite will excuse anything as long as its one of them.  That's why they're the Hypocrite Elite.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-06 20:42:56)

#5 2011-03-06 21:17:44

funny though, slager has dropped him like a hot playbook and is in full support of schneider and begley. how does that feel croney?

#6 2011-03-06 22:04:47

Not much love for Ole Cronie in the tin hat world these days...

By: downtheroad on 1/21/11
I think the world of John Cronan and really liked him as a selectmen but I wish he had waited one more year before running again. I think at the moment people are looking for a breath of fresh air and many won't see John as such but rather as a symbol of the past. I'm concern that the support he will garner while it might not be enough to elect him, could be enough to detract from votes needed by Mike Schneider and Ellen Begley.
As for Bronk, no surprise there; seems to me she's thought of herself as a selectman for sometime.

By: capricon on 2/16/11

...I liked John C., but I can't forget how he ran away from the rest of the Board leading up to the election last year. He kept saying how he never received info, fought with Bruce, was in support of Westfield, then voted against it - I don't know. Nice guy, wish he went back to Zoning....

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-06 22:05:34)

#7 2011-03-06 22:06:12

Always a good show when the Hypocrite Elitists turn on each other.

#8 2011-03-07 09:23:04

By: robertslager on 3/6/11
Speaking of P-Span, he recently wrote this:

A vote for Schneider and Begley is (in essence) a vote for Slager..now, how dumb would that be?? Pretty fricken dumb!

Don't vote for Bobo's slate of candidates. Say Nay to Schneider, Begley & Cronan.

RS: Wow, now there's an intellectual analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the candidates. Ad hominem, David. Ad hominem. You crack me up.

Anyone else get the impression that bobo just learned a new word a week ago and is using it over and over trying to show people he has a vocabulary?

#9 2011-03-07 09:57:43

He does that all the time.  Same thing when he learned the word "partisan."  I hope one day he'll look up the word "employment."

I think DD's argument is pretty solid.  Mike and Ellen's ties to the rag are too close.  If they win, Wareham will essentially be ruled by a Halifaxian.

#10 2011-03-07 10:01:06

Not to get off the subject of Cronie though.  Bobo calls what Cronie did "irrelevant."

Funny, if it was so "irrelevant" then why did the FBI, the Office of Special Investigations of the U.S. Air Force and Assistant U.S. Attorney S. Theodore Merritt of the Public Corruption and Special Prosecutions unit get involved:

PR Newswire wrote:

The case was investigated by special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Office of Special Investigations of the U.S. Air Force, and will be prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney S. Theodore Merritt of the Public Corruption and Special Prosecutions Unit.

A lot of people for something "irrelevant."

#11 2011-03-07 10:02:19

Just amazing how if you're one of their buddies you get a free pass on anything.  That's why they're called the Hypocrite Elite.

#12 2011-03-07 12:55:07

GuyIncognito wrote:

Bobo calls what Cronie did "irrelevant."

Yes..Bobo has a way of minimizing the misdeeds of anyone he supports. He calls Cronie's crime "accepting a gratuity"..y'know, like tipping your waiter...Try offering a police officer a "gratuity" to not give you a ticket for breaking the law sometime...in some circles..that's called a bribe. Oh, wait..is that an "ad hominem attack"?? Oops, my bad.

Last edited by DDPTRO (2011-03-07 13:03:31)

#13 2011-03-07 13:57:22

How can Cronin possibly expect to win this election?

What has he done since he got his ass kicked, only last year, to think that can recapture a seat he lost overwhelmingly?

How come someone doesn't recommend that Savigeau should run as a write in candidate?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com