#1 2011-03-06 22:21:44

With the popularity of Mikey's Greatest Hits, I feel like I'm leaving Ellen out.  Can't have that, can we?

Here's one tin hat chat comment that gives some insights on who not to vote for:

By: Patti on 4/25/10
Excellent work by the Dream Team of Begley and Slager. Or is it Slager and Begley?

Yeesh, that's a "dream team?"

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-06 22:29:56)

#2 2011-03-06 22:39:14

She also wrote a letter to the editor in the Standard Times in Bobo's defense.

"Slager and Begley" - What a team!!!

#3 2011-03-06 22:41:00

She was also named a Bobo Gazette Woman of the Year, thus joining such illustrious company as past "winners" Brockton Brenda and the town clerk

#4 2011-03-06 23:16:40

Here's a prize winner.

FrontPage News wrote:

Observer publisher to offer writing class at COA
    Three-time New England Press Association award-winning writer Robert Slager will present a series of six writing workshops at the Wareham Council on Aging beginning Thursday, March 3 at 2 p.m. in the Multi-Service Center.

Bobo must have won at least one award. They give them away like ribbons for three-legged sack races on grade school field day. What sort of nightmare you suppose they praised?

#5 2011-03-06 23:24:54

Oh Good, she has the support of Curly!

By: John_Donahue on 1/4/11
To quote the author: "That is Ellen Begley. That is who she is. That is why she went to Haiti. That’s why she looked at the devastation and asked “What can I do?” Congratulations, Ellen.

Challenge: Make a difference by serving the citizens of the Town of Wareham as a member of the Board of Selectmen.

Do you have the hutzpah of Brenda and Jane and Bruce, John Cronan, Sandy and Alan Slavin, Rick Stanley, Mark Andrews, and John Sanguinet?

Answer: Yes!!!

So, Just Do It.

Wait, can we just replay one part of that quote? 

Curly wrote:

Do you have the hutzpah of Brenda and Jane and Bruce, John Cronan, Sandy and Alan Slavin, Rick Stanley, Mark Andrews, and John Sanguinet?

So, Just Do It.

Yikes, what a motley crue that is, and Curly says Ellen has the "hutzpah" of all of them.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-03-06 23:31:57)

#6 2011-03-06 23:25:37

Seriously, this just isn't a question I would be screaming "Yes!" too.

#7 2011-03-06 23:54:25

I was in Haiti in 1964 while in the Marine Corps.

My oldest son was in Haiti in the late 1980's while in the Marine Corps.

Haiti hasn't changed a bit since I was there...it is a hole in the wall that needs more help than we can provide because we have continued to install corrupt governments. Where is all the money that was sent?

You were in Haiti and felt you could do something for Wareham? What? Screw it up more than it is now?

I'd be thinking of another way to campaign.

#8 2011-03-07 07:50:28

Maybe Ellen can get "Baby Doc" to come up to campaign for her. Or Aristide...great guys, both of them.

#9 2011-03-07 10:05:50

Ellen's hubby David Begley was also a member of the Charter Review Commission that tried to ram an unwanted and moronic mayor plan down the town's throat.  When the plan was soundly rejected, the same CRC came back in the Fall with several "Mayor-like" proposals.

Wareham doesn't want a Mayor.  Mike and Ellen both supported the Mayor plan.  Why are they running for a town office like selectman when they think that office should be abolished and replaced with a Mayor system?

Same thing with Curly.  If you think the office shouldn't exist, then don't run for it.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com