• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Bloggers Don't Put People on Administrative Leave, TA's Do

#1 2011-02-12 15:34:36

A newsflash for all of the tin hats who sound like they've been putting extra foil on their hats lately:

Bloggers do not put town employees on administrative leave.  Bloggers do not have that power.  Bloggers do not have that authority.  Bloggers are not the ones in charge of making that decision.

Do you know who does make that decision?

It's ok, I know many of you are unemployed and/or unemployable, and so basic human resources concepts are a mystery to you, so I will fill you in.

THE TOWN ADMINISTRATOR IS THE ONE WHO MAKES THE DECISION TO PUT A TOWN EMPLOYEE ON ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE!

And in this case, that would be your town administrator.  The TA that your buddies on the previous BOS hired, the same TA that you all offer glowing praise for on a 24/7 basis, the TA that you all describe as the best thing since sliced bread - he is the one who made the decision to put Grizzie on administrative leave.

Repeat after me:  Bloggers don't put employees on administrative leave, town administrators do!

And here's a thought - since the decision was made by a guy that you all say can do no wrong - then maybe, just maybe, there were issues involved that warranted an administrative leave.  Issues more serious than "Waaahhh boo hoo the bloggers are mean!"

Poached, scrambled, over easy, or omelette, doesn't matter what style - there's going to be a lot of egg on tin hat faces.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-12 15:36:24)

#2 2011-02-12 15:41:03

Sweet Brucey wrote:

By: rsauvageau on 2/12/11

this will be a trophy head on their wall. They tried to break many of us and still try at every occassion. This is not even remotely politics; this is a collection of very sad lives raised to the level of what they think is political activism. Sad, tragic, pathetic people with bottomless pits for self esteem. to use an appropriate phrase "gutless cowards" every one of them. I am so discusted & sickened by a part of my own community, that I sometimes believe we deserve what we tolerate. This will only encourage people who see anguish as nothing but weakness, who's hearts are a "dead zone".

Mature and responsible debate!

#3 2011-02-12 15:56:34

Now, did anyone make a tally of the perjorative terms that Bridgewater Jones (not to be confused with Basketball Jones of cheech & Chong fame) threw out in his WW screed about you & me. Lessee: there were 'hatebloggers' galore, 'pack of wolves', etc.

So. Anything you or I say is "bad". But, if Bridgewater Jones posts in the same vein; well, he's got special dispensation, doncha know? Now, of course, we be a bunch of troglodytes, not even worthy of Darwin's attention  -  but even we low-life types can understand the phrase" "double-standard".

And cyber-bullying is bad? Whoo-hee, thanks for that revelation, B. Jones. Now, try to address the issue of the Board of Select-Bullies. Ex. calling a citizen/taxpayer an "idiot" on a televised broadcast. Unfortunately, there are FAR too many of those examples. Done by people you & your fellow travelers support.

B. Jones and his sycophants are one more reason to:

VOTE

VOTE FOR CHANGE  -  yielding an immediate improvement in the tenor of discourse

April 5, 2011.

#4 2011-02-12 16:05:23

Guy, isn't Sweet Brucie (an oxymoron deluxe superb) part of the advanced writing team with an HQ near the algae bloom on Monponsett Pond in Halifax?

Lessee,

1. occassion   ???

2. discusted   ???

3. who's   ???

And the Griz wanted the fearless leader to conduct a writing course?

But we are the bad guys, doncha know?

#5 2011-02-12 16:27:50

I love reading Dr. Jones on WW's site.

Try writing on HIS site! Try getting a membership on his site. It's not money... you must embrace his manifesto and PROVE that you are a Wareham voter in order to participate.

Elitist pseudo-intellectual living in his own world. Seriously....not any of the other THFC members belong to this guy's world. They are a little east of it in the night sky. In fact, the most known of his THFC members are banned from joining his little fiefdom.

His economic theorems are to be treasured, saved and read often in order to brighten one's day. I shared some of his writing recently with a group of friends, and they still laugh about it.

Now, if someone says something stupid, in order to be funny, we call it a "Jones".

It is so much fun! One guy told me the other day, I"ll be right back...I have to take a Jones."

Just love the guy...ya' know?

#6 2011-02-12 16:35:38

B. Jones, BoBo & Sweet Brucie have characterized me as a "Hateblogger" gee, they never said that to my face. I'm fighting back tears due to their dismissive taunts directed toward me. Maybe, I'll send myself to bed without supper.

WAAAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!

Or, maybe not.

1. "very sad lives"  OK, this one could go either way. A first step, as it were. By the way, this perjorative couldn't apply to them, now could it?

2. "sad, tragic, pathetic lives" See Brucie, attacks work better when you show the ability to use a variety of words, in lieu of repeating the same weak argument with the same sad words. "tragic"? try Google (it's a reatively new thing) for a definition and sense of the proper use of a word.

3. "bottomless pits for self-esteem".  Why, look at this! Brucie has strung together words that conjure up a real image! Did you have outside help on this one? Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to those who post on this website; but, Brucie gets points for a nice bit of phrasing.

4. "I am so discusted (sic) and sickened by a part of my own community, that I sometimes believe that we deserve what we tolerate" Did you write that while looking in the mirror? Were you thinking of Bren-duh, Jane-on-the-wane, and Cronan the barbarion; or perhaps the very small numbers in the MWF crowd; or even Bridgewater Jones hisself?
Did the "tolerate" refer to your Town's suffering through your bullying presence on the BoS?
Yaknow, ya got that "expert" in creative writing sitting there on the throne in Halifax, perhaps he could have helped you with some of this.

5. "who's (sic) hearts are a "dead zone" ". Hmmmm. This has a familiar ring to it. The phrase "black hearts" comes to mind. Remember?

This is what they want to continue, folks. You have it your hands to finish the job started last April. Thus"

VOTE

VOTE FOR CHANGE.....ashcan the Brucie/BoBo crowd

April 5, 2011.

Last edited by stewie (2011-02-12 16:39:29)

#7 2011-02-12 16:51:16

Speaking strictly for myself, any day I can insult Bruce Sauvageau, Bilgewater Jones or any of their ilk, is day well spent.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#8 2011-02-12 16:54:04

DanO, the use of "Jones" has a history, hence the Cheech & Chong tune "Basketball Jones" (and yes, the parody is a work-in-progess). So it is wonderful to read that your group has expanded its use beyond the narrow focus of Cheech & Chong.

But I must object, if I may, to the use of "Dr." Jones. No, No, NO!

If the COA invites Michael Jones of Bridgewater State University's department of Economics to speak regarding the impact of the Fed's QE2 program on future inflation, then it would be appropriate to refer to the speaker as "Dr. Jones".

But, if a Mick Jones from Wareham inserts himself into the political strife of the Town, there is no need to refer to that individual in any way beyond "Mr." Jones. To do otherwise grants Jones a mantle that is inappropriate to the political maelstrom, and attempts to elevate his words beyond that of us mere mortals. Level the playing field.

Bridgewater Jones, we got a Bridgewater Jones, oo-oo-wee.

#9 2011-02-12 17:01:07

I don't get sweet bruceys typos, he's got bobo as his editor

#10 2011-02-12 17:02:05

BillW, that's funny

Growing up at the northern end of Plymouth county, my father always referred to the three Towns as the "bilgewaters".

There were four, until North Bridgewater became Brockton in the 1800's.

Bet the three remaining Towns are quite happy to have a different name.....

#11 2011-02-12 17:25:22

stewie wrote:

Growing up at the northern end of Plymouth county, my father always referred to the three Towns as the "bilgewaters".

Mark Twain got a lot of mileage out of that name, too. Remember the Duke of Bilgewater in Huckleberry Finn?

#12 2011-02-12 17:33:37

stewie wrote:

DanO, the use of "Jones" has a history, hence the Cheech & Chong tune "Basketball Jones" (and yes, the parody is a work-in-progess). So it is wonderful to read that your group has expanded its use beyond the narrow focus of Cheech & Chong.

Did I hear a request?

#13 2011-02-12 17:48:51

OK...I am with you, Stewie. No more Dr. title for Bilgewater Jones.

By the way, isn't it a "basetball Jones?"

#14 2011-02-12 18:15:25

Ah, Dano..

I know that you will always be there to "set a pick for me at the free throw line of life..."

Bilgewater Jones, we gotta Bilgewater Jones, Bilgewater Jones oo-oo-ee.

Is it true that you are the baddest dribbler in the Bradenton/Sarasota area? I know that I am in a zone, after taking my diurectic. Ahhhhhh.

#15 2011-02-12 18:36:41

LMAO, Stewie!

#16 2011-02-12 20:45:44

By: robertslager on 2/12/11 Waterside, have you received me e-mails? If not, please e-mail me at warehamobserver@aol.com. Thanks.

Why yes me haft received thou emails. Idiot

#17 2011-02-12 20:49:15

. By: rsauvageau on 2/12/11 To onsetNative; Yes, The COA Dir. position works with a Board of Directors ( or Trustee's if you wish), but is a direct departmental report to the T.A. In that regard, only the TA can place her on Admin. Leave, not the BOS, or COA Board. Yes, of course he did so out of a concern for the best interest of the employee, the department, and for the town. I'm not sure what you mean by "the real reason", perhaps you could clarify this point before I address it further if this is not what you were looking for, but I too share your confidence that the TA was addressing a "real", ligitimate and serious concern. Paid Admin. leave does not mean fired or even disiplinary in nature. It could simply mean employee assistance or medical, or a host of potential reasons. (But I think we can all speculate as to the root cause). Bruce.

So brucey your talking like you are backed by facts but you are just "speculating" at the reason. Monday you'll be eating some crow

#18 2011-02-12 21:25:04

Read Bilgewater's new post about wolves coming after him...must be a scary life.

His prose deserves to be in a better and more appropriate place...like his restricted web site.

#19 2011-02-12 23:26:17

danoconnell wrote:

Read Bilgewater's new post about wolves coming after him...must be a scary life.

His prose deserves to be in a better and more appropriate place...like his restricted web site.

Seriously, Mick??

Basetball Jones wrote:

The wolves are circling and sniffing in anticipation. The rest of the pack hasn’t arrived so it is still too dangerous to move in for the kill. A few nips of flesh and the smell of blood is in the air. Calls have gone out to the other members of the pack to come join in. It is just a matter of time now. You can sense the excuses “it is our nature to attack” and “eat or be eaten.” The rest of the pack is coming over the hill so it is time for the chase. The pack prefers to take down a target on the run when its heart is beating hard and its blood is red hot. It isn’t the food they crave. The forest is theirs.

Ah Wooooo

#20 2011-02-13 07:40:32

Funny how that quote makes me think that parents who scrimp and save to send their kids to private colleges instead of state schools might be on to something.

#21 2011-02-13 07:41:00

At first, after reading Mr. Jones' wolf pact ranting, I thought it's him again and as usual WAY off topic.  Then I thought more as to why he might inject such irrelevant trash and it came to me . . . Mr Jones wants to compete with Mr Slager to teach the "creative writing" class and that was his audition.

It wasn't bad and all the words were spelled correctly.  I think it's going to be a tough call. 
Maybe Mr. Jones has found a new calling ?

Let's take a poll.    SLAGER            or            JONES      1

#22 2011-02-13 08:01:13

lessee...

You had John Merrick, (the Elephant man): "I am NOT an animal..."

You had Seinfeld, after being 'caught' in a 'pick': "I am NOT an animal!"

Now ya got me, after reading Bilgewater Jones' phantasmagorical screed, calling me a wolf: "I am NOT an animal!"

Gee, for someone who seems to claim that his doesn't stink, he can sure sling it, can't he?

My vote in the poll: None of the above.

Last edited by stewie (2011-02-13 08:01:49)

#23 2011-02-13 10:32:18

eyes...

That was what I was thinking myself!  What a creative writer!  No wonder his students give him glowing reviews.  But remembering the hype about movies, I thought maybe he was trying to recreate a scene from The Twilight Saga.  I think it is safe to assume he is Team Jacob!

Listen, I think is more apparent than ever after this weekend that Slager and his minions/cult whatever you want to call them, will always play the victim role.  They are like the bullies you read about in the papers who then go to the public and swear they were the ones getting "picked on".  They play the victim role all the while they are the ones that are incessintly bullying people.  I think it is safe to say they all will zone in on someone and are unrelentless until that person either breaks or will go away. 

These are the same people that defend a man who continues to claim he has been banned from WW when in fact he can post on that website.  This is the same group of people who lodge accusations with absolutely NO PROOF.  The same group who will claim no personal attacks on WW and simultaneously hurl insults (idiot, moron, stupid) on another.  How are you to take them seriously?  It would be easy to say all of these people don't matter.  Unfortunately they give a "vehicle" of which to help Ellen and Mike campaign for Selectman. 

Vote in April if you want your voice heard!

#24 2011-02-13 11:25:22

Where are the candidates for Selectman that you can support and where are their ideas, visions, etc.?

If they don't post here, I would have to assume they don't want your vote.

It is always imperative to ask for EVERYONE"s vote...no matter if it is your mother, father, sister, brother, friend or whatever. It is presumptuous and disrespectful not to ask for the vote, and you don't deserve it unless you ask.

Bill W is right about people taking advantage of this site and then abandoning it like the plague.

I don't think you should be ignored or feared. Obviously, you are the most powerful voice in the Town of Wareham, and those who ask for your vote, and receive it, will probably win.

"Hatebloggers", etc., is all bullshit.

This site is the only site available to you that tells the TRUTH, backs up the TRUTH with FACTS and PROOF. Big difference between here and LaLa land and Speculation World.

This site has broken more stories and provided more information to the people of Wareham than any newspapers, pseudo-newspapers, web sites or any other source of information you can mention.

I hope the candidates respect you and this site.

We'll see.

#25 2011-02-13 20:43:42

I agree, Dan.  I'm looking for info about one person I have been hearing about, but I think I know a gnome that may have some truthful answers. 

I think all candidates should sign onto Wareham Water and give us the chance to ask questions and get answers.  It's a lot simpler than going to a coffee hour, which is also nice.

Not looking for a witch hunt, just some background on the candidates and what they see for Wareham's future.

P.S.  I'm  really enjoying Stewie, who ever he/she is.

#26 2011-02-13 21:38:42

And the plot grows thicker...

Writer Teacher Who "Cann't" Spell "Can't" wrote:

By: robertslager on 2/13/11
There is, as always, a great deal of misinformation being spewed by the hatebloggers regarding Griswold's leave. I cann't discuss the details because they were told to me in confidence. But I can say that over the past few months Marcia has stuggled to keep up with her responsibilities because of the stress she's been under. Some honest mistakes were made, but instead of addressing it, Marcia retreated furthing into a growing shell. I understand why, but I also understand that as a department head she needs to be responsive to questions from her superior. It got to the the point were she just began shutting down, unable to recognize friend from foe. I think she just needs a little time off, step back from all of this, and regain some perspective. She has been under constant siege, and the fact that she was given paid admininstrative leave on Friday after what she's been put through over the past week is no coincidence. That's all I can say. To my understanding Marcia did nothing illegal or unethical.

Let's pull a few quotes out:

"Marcia has struggled to keep up with up with her responsibilities because of the stress she's been under..."

"Some honest mistakes were made, but instead of addressing it, Marcia retreated furthing into a growing shell."

(Can't we get a writing teacher who can spell "further?")

"...as a department head she needs to be responsive to her superior."

Sounds to me Bobo may know of some naughty shenanigans that went down but will try his best to blame it all on the bloggers.

These people are hilarious.  They blame everything on the bloggers.  I wonder if they'll write to Al Gore and ask him to look into whether the bloggers caused global warming.

#27 2011-02-13 21:40:11

"Marcia has stuggled" - does he mean "struggled?"  Jesus, sometimes when I read this clown's writings I feel like I'm Timmy trying to figure out what Lassie is trying to say.

#28 2011-02-13 22:16:06

I doubt that she is on administrative leave because her nerves are shot.

She has done something that even the TA can't forgive. I imagine it will get released, and depending on the reaction by the public, she will be back or gone.

My hunch is she is history.

#29 2011-02-13 22:20:20

I was thinking of getting her these to lift her spirits..

http://www.carolecgood.com/what-goes-around-comes-around_d50def0e.jpg

#30 2011-02-13 22:23:43

I have been on the receiving end of a bully, more than once.  As an adult it has happened as well.  When people make mistakes I don't think it's ok to beat them while they are down.  As long as the mistake is not too serious, the person should be allowed to fix it and move on.  To keep making mistakes means something is wrong.  Possibly that person is not appropriate for the position they were hired to do.  I don't know much about Marcia Griswald.  There seems to be a group of people who believe that she is not up to par for her position.  Her "bedside manner" is horrible (according to some).  Others think she is the best thing since sliced bread. 

I am tired of people from Slager and his site throw the whole bully argument around like it's some new trend that is cool.  Being bullied can cause a persons life to become unbearable.  This is not a joking matter!  Yet, these same people support a paper that, daily, cyberbully others.  Just in his Cheers/Jeers section and most notably in his Crystal Ball.  He has totally torn people to shreds with absolutely no proof, just his opinion of them.  He has taken it to a personal level so many times my head spins.  He has split this town to its core.  He has penned numerous "in this corner" articles in true Enquirer fashion to do what?  To pick apart/destroy people all under the pretense of telling the truth.  He gives his opinion, not facts!  How do you support someone like that?  How do you sleep at night?

#31 2011-02-13 22:55:24

Kind of even looks like Mick..

The Duke of Bilgewater

Honestly..I love this story and have read it several times..Though Twain's use of the "n" word still makes me cringe a little. Contrary to the rantings and ravings of the blogger from Halifax who shall not be mentioned..I can surely say that I'm not a racist..and I read pretty much everything people write on this site..and I've not seen it on here. The comment which "supposedly" led to a 60K + audit of town computers was an utter waste of money, if that is indeed what it was all about. I mean someone writes a comment on a blog and it's justifiable spending more than 60K?? Hey, buddy..if throwing that much money around is such a simple thing..why don't you toss some my way? ...and the comment was by someone who used a screen name that posted like less than 5 times on Bill's previous site...and maybe most of all..if the goal was to find out who made the comment and was it done from a town computer...then they never achieved it.

IMO..whoever wrote that comment..and any other remotely like it was wrong..plain and simple. We're all born with a "color"..and we had no say in what that would be..or what it would mean in our "society's"...we're all on this spinning rock together..whether our skin color is different than someone else's should be the least of our worries. Stop playing the "race card"..it's ugly..and inaccurate..not that that's ever stopped you before. Go away Slager.

• Home
  •  » Wareham Water
  •  » Bloggers Don't Put People on Administrative Leave, TA's Do

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com