#1 2011-02-07 13:24:23

The majority of magician, illusionist and hypnotist acts use simple tricks to divert the audience's attention to one place while the actual slight of hand is operating just outside the area of FOCUS.

Wareham has another PIVOTAL election in just a few weeks!

Stop focusing on the charlatan's tricks and INTENSIFY YOUR FOCUS ON THE IMPORTANT ISSUES.

Look at the amount of time and effort that has been FOCUSED SOLELY commenting on Bobo, et al in the last week alone!

What could be accomplished if those resources were FOCUSED on the real issues and gathering support for some new meaningful candidates?

IT IS YOUR TOWN, FOCUS - FOCUS - FOCUS!

#2 2011-02-07 13:52:15

RKurtzCPA wrote:

The majority of magician, illusionist and hypnotist acts use simple tricks to divert the audience's attention to one place while the actual slight of hand is operating just outside the area of FOCUS.

Wareham has another PIVOTAL election in just a few weeks!!

All true. Got practical suggestions?

#3 2011-02-07 14:01:02

I am with you...let's get it on.

Who are the candidates for Selectman, and what do they say and promise?

#4 2011-02-07 14:21:30

We understand that any meaningful candidate's campaign may be hesitant to post their entire game strategy on this or any other forum.

That said, it takes time, resources and publicity to mount a successful campaign.

If the people do not know all of the choices available and what each candidate stands for - they may just give a knee jerk response to the 'good-old-boy' familar names on the ballot and resign themselves that Wareham has no other choice but to blunder on its way to being less than it's potential at best and inviting a state take over at worst.

FOCUS - FOCUS - FOCUS

#5 2011-02-07 14:35:01

The Following Canditates Are Brenda And Jane Clones And Supporet The Same Nastey Agenda That Brenda And Jayne Support There Names Are Mike Schinder ,ellen Beggly ,cronan The Dirt Thief And Donna Bronk I Would Not Vote For Any Of These Candidates ,if You Vote For These 4 Expect The Status Quo.                 Defelice Is Someone I Might Support,as He Is Not A Part Of The Jane And Brenda Orbit ,the Peterson Women I Know Nothing About And I Need To Find Out More About Her And She Is Not In The Jayne And Brenda Orbit.         We All Noabout Cronan ,enough Said  Mike Is A Nastey Indiivudal Aalong Withellen Beglly Are A Part Of Move Wareham Backward , Donna Bronk Was Put On The Finance Commitee By The Brenda And Jaybe Maffia , So That Leaves Only 2 Canditates In My Oppinion To Choose From , Some Think Donna Bronk Might Be A Choice But I Have Lived In This Town For Maney Years And She Is Not A Good Comprmise  Canditate.

#6 2011-02-07 15:41:41

Thanks redrobin....we need your information...

#7 2011-02-07 17:38:39

Thank you redrobin. I worry that the vote split between Donna Bronk and
Jennifer Petersen will give Schneider or Begley an edge.

We need to find candidates we will back even if they are not perfect. I'm fine with Frank DeFelice. Does anyone have anything to say on Jennifer Petersen?

#8 2011-02-07 20:42:51

Jennifer Peterson sounds like she will do a good job smart and knows the issues lots of experience

Last edited by redrobin (2011-02-07 20:45:41)

#9 2011-02-07 20:48:14

There Has Been Some Talk Among Some To Support Donna Bronk As The Least  Scary Of The 4 Canditates Before Ms Petersoncame Out, I Can Tell You Ms Bronk Is Not Good For Wareham,and I Would Not Vote For Her, And  Menrva You Are Rite That Spliting The Vote Between Those 2 Canditates Might Result In The Election Of Say Mike Schinder And We Can Not Afford That.

#10 2011-02-07 21:06:53

Menrva wrote:

We need to find candidates we will back even if they are not perfect.

My sense is we tried that last year and got three candidates who made private and anonymous assurances to win support but publicly said n-o-t-h-i-n-g. And left Wareham holding the same smelly bag of crap.

Instead, why not describe our own aspirations for Wareham's future and find candidates willing to support it?

Say, a coherent development plan, competent managers for our town departments, a way of attracting and retaining good teachers, engaging our local hospital and their out-of-town doctors (almost all of them) to properly serve our residents, ensuring our out-of-town retailers (again, almost all of them) pay their fair share... and, oh hell. Add your own to the list!

Last edited by billw (2011-02-07 21:07:39)

#11 2011-02-07 21:43:25

To his credit, Frank DeFelice has taken on the Hypocrite Elite...and has done so publicly.

Here are just some of the things he has said that have won my vote this year:

Frank DeFelice in his 2010 Wareham Week Candidate Profile wrote:

"The number of people that they've let go, and the number of lawsuits from former department heads brought against the town - everybody can't be wrong and they're [the Selectmen] are right," DeFelice said. "The people who have left the town don't seem to have a problem finding jobs in other towns," he noted.

He also said that this disconnect also negatively impacts the town's fiscal health.  Not only does it cost the town money to defend itself in lawsuits against former employees, but it  forces the town to make poor and unfair financial decisions.

My take on it:

I would add to the list of things we want would be a stop to the ridiculous practice of allowing major department head positions to stay unfilled for years (in some cases 2 years) at a time.  In this harsh economy, the talent pool out there is vast.  Vacant positions should be posted and filled as soon as possible.  What other town allows their most important positions to remain unfilled for years at a time?

That quote tells me that he didn't approve of all of the vendetta firings (and resulting expensive lawsuits) that have gone on these many years.

I would also add that we want to see an end to attempts to do away with the strong chief law. He wrote a letter to the editor in opposition to it, listing the many reasons why the previous BOS couldn't be trusted with such power.

Frank has fought the good fight.  I hope everyone will vote for Frank.

Last edited by GuyIncognito (2011-02-07 21:45:51)

#12 2011-02-07 23:37:15

Another concern of mine is the School System.  We need the BOS to work WITH the School Committee.  Our (my) children need to to be taught in an evironment where the teachers are competant and able to teach.  This town does not have the best reputation with the school system.  I am not saying the school committee, I am saying that I have spoken with several people about this subject and keep hearing the same thing.  The early years are great, but middle school on up is subpar.  I remember hearing about Wareham growing up.  Playing against Wareham in sports.  When I was younger my cousins lived with us for a short time.  They moved from Boston.  They went from A's (in Boston) to almost failing.  I attended a school on the Cape.  I sometimes wonder if my children went back to my old school, where would they stand?  The MCAS scores are below the national average.  It is just not acceptable!  We equate violence in this town with the upbringing of children.  As well as their extra curricular activities. 

My point to all of this is that we NEED the BOS to work with the School Committee.  The current BOS refuse to do that.  They are too busy pointing fingers and hashing old vendettas.  I'm tired of it.  The children are the ones that are losing.
With that said I think it is also important to note that Mike Schneider has a private transportation business.  IF he was elected to Selectman then he would HAVE to recuse himself on all matters concerning the bus/transportation school issues.  Hmmm.....conflict of interest?  Ya, I would say so!  Ofcourse this is not the only reason to NOT vote for him, but for this subject I thought I would just point out that fact.  Other reasons to not vote for Mike Schneider I believe are obvious, but I will gather my thoughts for another post on that one.

#13 2011-02-08 09:37:51

Susan wrote:

Read jenniferapetersen.com.  She sounds like a smart, competent person.  And, wonder of wonders, she can write. I am interested in attending a coffee or reception to learn more about her ideas.

Please report back on your impressions?

Glad you're back, Susan. We're unruly so-and-sos in the neck of the wood but we're not boring.

If Wareham isn't better, to paraphrase the bumper sticker that drug nails across chalk board, it'll get there.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com