#1 2011-02-05 13:11:52

Here's what I expect to hear from any viable BOS candidate. Your mileage may vary.

Report Open Meeting violations
Fire Andrews, Stanley and Koppleman & Paige
Vote to scrap Westfield
Disband the Community Preservation Committee
Say no to Wal-Mart
Put AD Makepeace development on a leash

#2 2011-02-05 15:12:52

Last edited by billw (2011-02-05 15:17:23)

#3 2011-02-05 18:17:33

That went over like a lead balloon, huh?

Two emails arrived suggesting I relent and let 'em vent.

One doesn't understand why I pulled the plug in November and assumes I'll do it again.

Ok. Say what you will about Robert Slager. I couldn't stop it if I wanted. He's an attention whore and reasonably good at it. He does suck the air out of every discussion and I will complain about it. And no one will listen.

The sexual habits of our public servants are strictly off limits on this site until they make the police log. Town this size, we all have histories and I already know way too many of them. When I see them here, I will delete them.

This site will exist as long as I have a pulse.

And I'm still waiting to hear what the fuck you folks want from this town.

Thank you for your sweetly faked attention.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by billw (2011-02-05 20:26:51)

#4 2011-02-06 11:40:11

I was so happy when Bill re-opened this site. The information provided by the people who post here is important. Thank you red robin for once again telling us what is going on around town.  You provide us with valuable information that would otherwise never see the light of day.

Bill opened this site on the Jan 1 and for a little over 20 days Bobo was never mentioned. Fuck Bobo, when people reference him or what he is doing it only feeds his narcissistic ego.

It appears that Brenda and Jane will not be running so let them fade away. We should be focusing all our energies on who we want for selectmen. TALK TO PEOPLE make sure they know about the can dates you support.. Tell people that although Jane and Brenda aren’t running it is still important to get out and vote or we could be in the same boat just different sailors.

Now to Bill’s question.

I want the selectmen to make sure vacancies are filled as quickly as possible as soon as someone leaves, the ad for the job should be in the paper the next day.

When are we going to hire a new CEDA director?

When are we getting a new Chief, how long will it take to find a Chief if Stanley doesn’t stay?

My pet peeve why are people hired when the job isn’t even posted or interviews held. Marcia hired a person for the Gatra dispatch job she did NOT interview anyone for the job at least 3 people applied for the job. She also recently hired someone as an outreach worker, the job was NEVER posted NO interviews were held. She hired a friend of hers who is a bartender, nice qualifications. The same thing happened with Burke’s girlfriend.

I want the selectmen to ask how much the town has spent in legal fees defending Bruce and Brenda’s lawsuit and to keep the selectmen and town updated on the cost.

I want the selectmen to question some of the things the TA says in his TA report. I would like the selectmen to ask the TA to follow up on questions that they may receive via email and I want this done publically not simply forwarded to the TA. I don’t think answering some questions is interfering with the day to day business. Maybe I’m wrong about that but I think we need some clarification on what the selectmen can or can’t ask.

There are other issues but that is enough for right now.

#5 2011-02-06 12:21:01

mackenzie brings up great points, especially about the members of the Board of Selectmen asking the Town Administrator questions in public, and requiring answers and proof of follow up in public.

The reasons the meetings are televised is to inform the public. The Selectmen aren't even informed the way things are going. Ask questions, demand answers, hold those responsible for their actions, and act like leaders.

The BOS are the bosses of the TA, not the other way around. They don't have to be involved in day to day activities, but it is their responsibility and duty to make sure they know what IS taking place day to day.

That is your job...do it.

Thanks for the great post mackenzie...

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com