#1 2010-10-16 16:38:54

all dept heads during the last hurricane were ordered to come in by the ta andrews , all came in except one dept head and that is the person looking for a fat raise at this town meeting  mary ann silvia , lets see all other dept heads come in for the hurricane and get no raise , mary ann sivia does not come in and yet she wants a raise ,to me she does not need a raise she needs to get the boot.

#2 2010-10-16 17:03:48

oh my guad.

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-10-16 18:21:59)

#3 2010-10-16 18:33:17

IHL,

Here's the situation, as explained to me by one of your prior T/A's. While she FUNCTIONS as a department head, technically, she is an ELECTED official who reports only to the taxpayers every three years.

So. If Andrews orders Department heads to report, she is not one of them. He can ASK her to report, but there is no obligation on her part. At least in terms of chain of command. On the other hand, one would think that there is a major obligation to the people who put her in office; i. e. the voters & taxpayers of the Town.

And she plays this difference to the hilt. That's why it was unfortunate that last April she survived.

The only recourse at this point is to challenge her salary line item the next time it surfaces at a Town Meeting. And, it will.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com