#1 2010-10-11 12:09:21

Has anyone noticed how Slager and his cult like followers are putting a local citizen in danger?  First he was able to call the Town Clerk's office to obtain information for free.  Then he was given information that was not for public knowledge.  His moral judgement was proven non existant when he chose to release that information.  We now have a local citizen that has potentially been put in danger by revealing that she has POA over her deployed husband.  Not just that, but then they have a discussion over it during his Live Chat, even describing exactly what capabilities the POA gives her.  Does anyone else see a serious problem with all of this?  First off, the Town Clerks office should never have released that information.  It just goes to show you how these cult like followers are willing to go to such low levels to do what?  They speculate.  They can't even figure out if the POA was legal.  Well, then I guess your dear Town Clerk's office would not have done their job if they accepted it.  Let's hope this family can focus on what is important - it shouldn't be worrying about her families safety because of people from a twisted, hate spewing, manical thinking cult leader!

#2 2010-10-11 12:16:17

was the town clerk reprimanded for this? notice how quick the tin foil hatties all are to stereotype everyone on this site as hateful but when the clerk does something nasty and illegal they put her on a pedestal. don't forget, it was her hurt feelings over being called a name that started the computer audit. the audit that we are all still waiting for. biggest mistake to put her back in office. don't blame me, I voted for Conway.

#3 2010-10-11 13:42:25

There is NO excuse to continue to speak of a citizen of Wareham who serves in the military in an accusing manner.

If you have a complaint, go to JAG.

I believe that the individual that is being vilified now has a deep military family that extends to those presently serving and those who have served.

Incurring the wrath of veterans...what a great idea!!

I hope none are on the "edge" with PTSD.

Stick with those who are not in danger of you exploiting them, asswipes...

Stay away from the military and those serving. Especially those of you who have never served. You show your ignorance and lack of patriotism by attacking those who serve us every day.

If you continue, I suggest it will be easier to go to the local zoo and kiss a cobra on the lips. You will be inundated with military personnel and families that will cause you to shut off your phone and close your e-mail account.

#4 2010-10-11 16:13:43

Unfortunately, the information released by Mary Ann Silva was public information, so there is nothing LEGALLY that can be done about that. What I find very telling is that she explained to a private citizen that she released the information because she did not like "larry and liz". Does that seem very professional? Mrs. Silva through a citizen under the bus because she didn't like us. It is also very troubling that if any of us would like that information, we would have to fill out a request for public information and pay a fee. Mr. Slager only needs to pick up the phone and call her. He is not a resident and he doesn't have to pay for the same information we have to pay for? Is this type of behavior looking out for the citizens of this town? Seriously, this needs to be remembered when she runs for election. The arrogance is staggering!

I wrote a letter to our Town Administrator requesting a formal investigation and there has been no response. I plan on following this up. I have a statment from the citizen she talked to and I want to make sure the AG knows about this type of behavior. It's one thing to not like a person, and it's another to compromise another private citizen because of your PERSONAL feelings.

#5 2010-10-11 17:35:39

larry, thanks for the info. so you are saying she admitted giving the info to slager but bobo is denying it. sounds like someone is not telling the truth.

#6 2010-10-11 17:44:17

The seriousness is the fact that the people involved are in the MILITARY!

If you can't protect the members of the military, who can you protect?

Shame...

#7 2010-10-11 17:59:51

watchtower wrote:

larry, thanks for the info. so you are saying she admitted giving the info to slager but bobo is denying it. sounds like someone is not telling the truth.

Assclown lie? say it ain't so! I thought he was the only becon of truth, whatever will the tins do now? Shame on you assclown, shame.

#8 2010-10-11 18:09:56

I can't wait to see what Ms. Silva has to say...

#9 2010-10-11 18:31:54

She admitted giving the information and gave one of her reasons as she didn't like "larry and liz". Apparently we have made disparging remarks about her in the past. i don't recall ever making a disparging remark about her. I believe that any comment made about Mrs. Silva have been made about her performance on the job.

#10 2010-10-11 20:15:07

I can not believe Silva would take the time to email Slager.  Does anyone else see this as a CYA move?  The supposed email seems so laid back to me.  More like an interoffice email rather than an official email.  I find it repulsive that these people are putting a local family, one that is dealing with a deployment through the ringer.  I suggest everyone call the Town Clerks office and vocalize their displeasure at the way the Town Clerks office has dealth with this situation.  Also, Silva would not have to worry about anyone attacking her office if they just did their damn jobs!!!!  One more thing:  Hey Bobo, it IS legal to sign a petition, it is not a vote.  Also, I believe JAG would have jurisdication!  If not, I'm sure there are plenty of lawyers willing to help out a deployed family!!!!  Seems Silva and Bobo were a little worried about that one! BTW,  the family members were not allowed to announce where their loved ones were being deployed idiot!!!!  I would love to know who told her "assistant" that they were being deployed!!!!!! You're definition of extensive interview is amazing.  I only saw two interviews along side a number of other local residents.  So tell me, who is your source to ALL of your information? I'd love to see this one.  Oh that's right, you don't have one you are making it up again!!!!!!!!

#11 2010-10-11 20:21:16

Ok, enough is enough.  Let's see these morons prove me wrong.  It is legal.  Show me where it is not Bobo, Coach Toilet Paper, et al.  Show me what proof you have that states signing a petition (again, it's note a vote) is not covered under a POA!  I will never blog again.  If I am wrong, I will sign up to your website for a month and post it on your website.  So:  Show me!!!!  If you can not, then you will take down your article and write one about how hard it is for all the military families through out the US dealing with deployments.  (Which if you were a man, you would have already done!)

#12 2010-10-11 20:36:34

Bosoxx:  :)

#13 2010-10-11 20:44:35

Don't hold your breath Bosoxx. He still has not proven that Liz is/was an administrator of the facebook Take Back Wareham page. (Because she was never an administrator). Of course, he would never hold up his end any agreement.

#14 2010-10-11 21:09:50

I am learning that when Slager is presented with FACTS he will weasle those FACTS into whatever will fit his theory.  It's really a shame that people will hang on to whatever he writes without checking it out on their own.  I see so many Wikipedia references on that website.  Do they realize that any credible college will not allow students to quote Wikipedia as a source?  It is NOT reliable, kind of like Slager.

#15 2010-10-11 22:09:26

Good point Bosoxx. But it's not Wikipedia's credibility I doubt, it's the tin-hatters. I think (Wikipedia) is a sign of our times. A quick, easy resource to learn something about just about anything you can think of in a few seconds. A "group-reference area", that could only be possible in our "computer age". But, the tin-hatters throw up quotes to prove their points and support their "beliefs" (and it usually does neither). They throw up quotes to sound intelligent (like Curly and his "patience" quote about himself).. Don't expect many (any?) "original thinkers" in the tinhat camp.

Oh, and as there's been some talk about Bridgewater State College on here lately.. A guy I work with is going for his Master's there now..and he told me they were recently changed from "State College" to "University"... for what it's worth. I'll have to remember to ask him if he's familiar with Professor/Doctor Jones.

TBW
P-SPAN

#16 2010-10-11 22:58:26

I just was sent Slager's account of his dealings with Ms. Silva.
My reaction?
Simple: HUH?

#17 2010-10-11 23:42:35

So a public records request can be verbal? I bet Mrs. Silva'a pretty selective on who she grants those requests to. I'm sure "politics" never come into that decision. Halifax reporter's go straight to the front of the line.. Wareham citizens (who have questioned her "performance" as Town Clerk) to the rear.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/maryannsilva.png

TBW
P-SPAN

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-10-11 23:50:41)

#18 2010-10-12 07:15:11

Looks like a lot of room in the rear, there P-Span!

I love the fact that Slager let loose the whole e-mail showing, clearly, Ms. Silva's close relationship with Slager. (He threw you under the bus, there little missy).

She must really have her priorities askew. She is making negative remarks about citizens of Wareham, Hatebloggers, Larry, Liz, etc., and embracing a malcontent, failure from Halifax.

How interesting.

Question: I can't find it: can you recall a Town Clerk?

By the way, before anyone mentions it, I don't care whose niece she is. My friendships stop at protecting incompetent elected officials.

I wonder what her name is on Slager's site?

#19 2010-10-12 07:50:54

For the information of the chatters who are interested in the powers of JAG protecting service members. JAG is an agency that protects, guides, directs and assists military personnel.

Outside civilian influences are not handled by JAG. Those problems are turned over to Home Land Security. Ooooh! Scary....ever hear of the Patriot Act?

I think is is a wonderful idea that Slager continues to harass military personnel. Let's see what happens when the veterans in the area, Home Land Security and present members serving in the military get a hold of this. Should be great publicity for the failing newspaper!

All of the chatters that are accusing a member of the military of an unlawful act may soon have to justify their accusations. That should be interesting. No facts make good reading, according to Slager, but no facts lead to an ass kicking by certain investigative agencies.

Let the chips fall where they may!

#20 2010-10-12 07:57:35

I forgot to mention that Ms. Silva's understanding of JAG is lacking in facts, consistent with the people she is dealing with. JAG stands for : Judge Advocate General's Office...

I wonder if she has a GPS locator to help her find the Town Hall everyday.

#21 2010-10-12 08:45:39

Mr O'Connell and others, You all best be very, very careful. Ms. Silva will probably cry to the BOS, which will cause an all out audit of ALL your computers so that she can identify who is talking badly about her.

What I see here is a case of "what goes around comes around".

If the public learns that her office computers were not audited with the others
then there should be outrage.  She's the biggest offender of abusing her position ("power").  I'll bet she's got a direct connection to The Wareham Observer.  I'm convinced that she is one of the major lifelines ("sources") to
to his inside information. 

Talk about public trust. ??? Someone should request to see any and ALL FOIR that Mr Slager has submitted compared to his insider sourced story tellings.  I wouldn't trust Selectmen Eckstrom either. She's another spewer of misinformation. And we know Mr. Slager doesn't confirm or thoroughly investigate anything; especially if it doesn't support his predetermined story line.  If he gets the information from an elected official then it MUST be the truth.

#22 2010-10-12 10:20:46

Parts of the Patriot Act:

Expands the ability of law enforcement to conduct secret searches, gives them wide powers of phone and Internet surveillance, and access to highly personal medical, financial, mental health, and student records with minimal judicial oversight.

Allows FBI Agents to investigate American citizens for criminal matters without probable cause of crime if they say it is for "intelligence purposes."

Correspondence Contents. Letters written on paper were traditionally stored in the home or business. The post office neither kept nor stored your letters. To be able to read them, the government normally had to get a warrant to search your home or office by proving "probable cause" that you had done something wrong.
Now, an increasing number of Americans store their correspondence on computers at their ISPs where it can be obtained by law enforcement on much lower standards than those required for a physical search of your home, depending on whether the e-mail has been opened by and how old it is. And while you'd usually know whether someone had invaded your home and rummaged through your papers, you're unlikely to ever find out that your e-mail had been searched while it was sitting on your ISP's mail server.

Online. All of your activities on the web are generally recorded, from the Google search where you locate information, to the various websites you visit while shopping, researching, or discussing, to your purchases, downloads and printing of information. Nearly all websites keep both a record of what you do while visiting them and your IP address, which can easily be used to identify and locate you. This information can be (and sometimes is) aggregated over time and various web locations creating a mini-dossier of your activities available to law enforcement with a simple subpoena under USAPA II (or in the case of websites such as e-Bay.com, simply handed over to law enforcement upon request).

Third Parties can be Compelled by Merely An Administrative Subpoena (secs. 128 & 129). Administrative subpoenas can be issued by government without prior court approval and are not even reviewed by a court unless the subpoenaed party (not you) objects. Under USAPA II, rather than seek a court order, the government will be able to issue a simple subpoena to require a third party such as your ISP, library, doctor, friend or loved one, to turn over information about you to the government. The government need only assert, if challenged, that the information was sought "with respect to an investigation" into any one of the broad category of offenses related to domestic or international terrorism. Another provision makes it easier to use "National Security Letters" (like subpoenas) to get information from ISPs, credit reporting firms, and financial institutions for "counter-intelligence" purposes. Additionally, USAPA II allows:
Gag orders for those required to turn over information about you with penalties for telling anyone about the subpoena, including the target. 18 USC §1510(e) (secs 128 & 129)(see below)
Judicial enforcement for noncompliance. Those subpoenaed can make a motion with the court to resist the subpoena on your behalf, but you'll never know if they do.

Scary, huh? Especially if a member of the Military files a complaint about harassment, fear of safety due to announcement of their names and addresses, false accusations of criminal activities. Essentially: Journalistic terrorism.

Looks like it only takes dropping the dime.

Good luck on the other end.

#23 2010-10-12 13:54:27

In reference to the chat that I just received, the article mentioned by Mr. Slager wherein Nicole stated that her husband was being deployed to Iraq was within the story of deployment of many people. No one fixated on it. No one stepped out of their way to continually discuss the fact that this person has been deployed. No one accused a member of the military of a crime, and no one has been obsessed by it except Slager and his minions.

I never said I would call Home Land Security.. Why would I? I would simply be a concerned citizen discussing something that probably wouldn't interest them.

However, most people who are investigators are current or former military. That particular investigator receives a call from someone who IS serving in the military with the concern for their safety, reputation, and accusations of criminal activity.

I would imagine the investigator can relate to that person very well. I imagine that investigator will do what he or she is trained to do: INVESTIGATE.

Again...good luck.

#24 2010-10-12 16:01:35

I have a GREAT idea how about my husband, the Town clerk, Nicole D, I and Mr Slager all get together because Mr slager has too many holes in his "story" and the clerk certainly according to slager is not telling him what she told me.....

I am free lets all have coffee!!!!

#25 2010-10-12 16:43:23

Reading that article Dan it also never stated that the soldiers were the one's to say where they were going.  They can't!  Not before a deployment!  Even Governor Patrick didn't mention it!!!!  I don't believe her argument was about the fact that her husband was deployed, it was that the Town Clerk's office gave out private information (POA) to a reporter. One who clearly has no morals!  Way to  support the military and their members!!!!     

Liz- make sure you meet in public and not Dunkin Donuts, too many distractions :)

#26 2010-10-12 16:49:17

I would love to see that meeting take place, Liz. What do you think the chances are of it happening?

#27 2010-10-12 16:54:03

danoconnell wrote:

I would love to see that meeting take place, Liz. What do you think the chances are of it happening?

I would love to get all the "stories" out and on the table cuz its easy to "fib" over the phone and thru email.. I am ready willing and able to talk with everyone!!!

#28 2010-10-12 20:00:26

The truth is Slager doesn't want facts.  He would be proven wrong then.  He just wants "sound bites" to twist it to his pleasure.  He is like cancer.  He just infests himself into our town and causes so much destruction.  Now we have a Town Clerk who tells different stories and has no morals...God save this town!

#29 2010-10-12 20:25:23

I would vote for a sit down in Mark Andrews office with all the parties mentioned. I would also like to have a reporter for WW, Courier, and Standard Times present. No wiggle room allowed! Spoke to Nikki and she is in favor of the meeting. That just leaves Big mouth and Mary Ann Silva. I'll drop a note to Mark Andrews and see if he is okay with the meeting.

#30 2010-10-12 20:37:24

Bring gas masks to wear if Bobo is going to be in the room.  He probably smells worse than his writing.

#31 2010-10-13 19:11:48

Any updates with the meeting? Anyone respond?

#32 2010-10-13 21:29:38

I have to really laugh at this Coach TP.  I challenged Slager, but since you seem to be one of his default mouth pieces, I will say again :  You were the one accusing people of abusing the POA, YOU PROVE it.  I can give you a few other things to google while you are at it, but I don't want you to get distracted my friend. Your friends are the ones that are speculating and accusing, and as we all know, once you accuse now you have to prove it :)

I wouldn't hold my breath on that meeting Dan, they seem like they are running scared now after Fogcutter called them all out.  They really can't see how slanted, not just Slager, but all of them are!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com