#1 2010-10-08 21:09:40

Doc Jones in Wareham Week comments wrote:

Posted by: Michael Jones   | Oct 08, 2010 11:26

I was considering making some positive comments about this article, but until it appears in the Wareham Observer I am hesitant. This article was sent to multiple publications and so far it seems the author is making a statement (like the hatebloggers) that the Wareham Observer is not worthy. This is an insult to all those people who regularly read the Wareham Observer. So is this article just propaganda for the TBW crowd’s effort to diminish certain people in Wareham or is this article intended to make a legitimate debating point? I would like to engage in the debate if it really is one.

Sounds like Doc Jones doesn't think people have the right to pick and choose which papers they want to send letters to.  What great advice, just hope he doesn't send Selectman Winslow a bill for it.

#2 2010-10-08 21:15:52

Sweet Brucey's Lackey in a paper a thousand times better than his wrote:

Posted by: Robert Thomas Slager | Oct 08, 2010 15:28

Mr. Jones, You are correct in that this letter to the editor was not sent to the Wareham Observer. I found that a little odd in that the Observer was the only publication to print a story to which Mrs. Winslow was apparently referring. The Observer will print all letters to the editor, regardless of political viewpoint, as long as such letters are not defamatory and are free of hate speech. The Observer would have been happy to publish Ms. Winslow's letter had we received it.

Bobo, what the hell is this "Mr" crap?

As Shorty would say in The Temple of Doom,  "YOU CALL HIM DR. JONES!!!"

#3 2010-10-08 21:48:23

I advised the good Dr. to debate himself. That way, he would be on even ground.

#4 2010-10-08 22:41:14

Wow, and this guy is really a doc?  Who does he teach - infants?  An insult to the readers of the Observer?  Get a life!!!  Now he wants to dictate which papers people are allowed to submit letters to.  Now he will only debate with people who will submit articles/letters to the Observer.  Well, I can't speak for the author, but the statement I will make is that you are all hypocrites!  You talk about  first amendment, free speach and yet you will only debate if it's in the Observer.  Get a grip.  Start to google now and read about it.  Learn from yourselves.  Everytime you try to debate with an idiot you are better off hitting your head against a wall!

#5 2010-10-09 07:35:26

bad news everyone. the great doctor works for a state college--bridgewater. that means our tax dollars help to pay for this guy' salary to teach our kids. does he try to teach them to be open minded? does he teach them how to analyze information before forming an opinion. my advice is if you know anyone going to school at bridgewater tell them to find another economics professor.

#6 2010-10-09 09:01:26

Let's see...an economist today is, by credibility, listed as just being below grouper shit.

An ignorant, out of touch, academic only economics professor, who is obviously impressed with himself, isn't worth spit.

It is a good thing he is teaching. If he had to go out into the world and become a businessman, he would be the same success as his leader, Slager...useless...

Too bad someone like Bob Brady couldn't debate him on television. After the good Dr. spends his two minutes on what he knows about the history and functioning of Wareham, Brady could spend a few hours educating the public based on experience and facts...something the good Dr. is lacking.

"Drink the Kool Aid children, drink the Kool Aid."

#7 2010-10-10 12:59:19

not only is he impressed with himself, he is always condescending to the ignorant wareham dwellers who are not cult followers of the rag. you have to wonder why he's teaching at a state school. wouldn't harvard have him?

the great doctah said cara insulted the readers of the rag when she didn't submit her letter to it. congrats to cara for insulting the hypocrite elite.

#8 2010-10-10 13:57:16

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/Wareham.Town.Meeting.2010-05-10-Mon-7-28-37-pm.jpg
Wareham Town Meeting - 2010-05-10 Mon 7:28:37pm

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#9 2010-10-10 20:39:35

watchtower wrote:

not only is he impressed with himself, he is always condescending to the ignorant wareham dwellers who are not cult followers of the rag. you have to wonder why he's teaching at a state school. wouldn't harvard have him?

the great doctah said cara insulted the readers of the rag when she didn't submit her letter to it. congrats to cara for insulting the hypocrite elite.

As another one of those "ignorant wareham dwellers", it's evident by Mr. (DR.) "Mick" Jones's comment that he's out of touch with Wareham's demographics, which is also evident by his short sighted approach to proposing changes to the document that governs OUR community. 

To come in to Wareham and in just a few years of attending Town Meeting (admittedly) suggest that He and Co. has the solutions to remedy our operations is clearly arrogant and narrow minded on his part.  What he's failed miserably to recognize is that most of those "leading" during his attendance have also failed miserably to uphold their oath of office, which is to abide by the laws that govern us; something I'm still not sure he's become fully familiar with.

Maybe that's a prerequisite for an interview to "profess" at a state college ?

To sum it up, The Wareham Observer is an insignificant resource for getting the word out among the citizens of Wareham.  Even this web site has a greater readership.  The good folks of this community no longer care for the negative spew any more.

Take note.  It's just after 8:30 PM.  Let's see how long it takes for this to consume Bobo's Sunday Night saga in their efforts to MWF.  I'll bet less than 10 minutes.  Any takers ?

C'mon April 5, 2011

Last edited by bbrady (2010-10-10 20:40:53)

#10 2010-10-11 07:55:07

I like that the Slager group are using Wareham Week to spread their message now, since no-one apparently reads the "newspaper" or goes to their web site.

Anyone want to guess who Cheewowa is?

#11 2010-10-11 10:25:34

LOL...I have a few guesses...seems really in love with Slager....hmmmmmm

#12 2010-10-11 10:40:56

Its a bobo lover, but i doubt bobo himself. Weisberg was a sports writer for the rag back in the day (glad he gave up that gig). Cheewawa doesnt seem to know him.

#13 2010-10-11 11:43:36

The great thing about being an old geezer is you've seen a great deal during your lifetime.  When an editor of another paper has to post comments on a competitors website, he is admitting his circulation is lacking.

Professor Jones damages his own credibility by showing a lack of class in his posts. I wonder if his employer is aware of the content of his posts? This is very unbecoming of a college professor.

The key point is they are desperate. They know they have very little chance of getting their articles through at town meeting and zero chance at election time. In typical politica fashion, they attack opponents instead of bringing a message of hope.

#14 2010-10-11 12:21:02

when an editor of another paper spends more time writing about other papers in town rather than doing solid bipartisan research on what's going on in town you know the editor and his rag is nothing but a joke.  this site really spends a lot of time worrying about someone with almost net zero circulation.  wonder why wareham week got paid so much for the warrant? how about because they print 7500 copies. bobo admitted that he drops a whole 150 at shaw's and when he sold 130 of them he said it was the third highest sales week. so if the town wants people to actually read the warrant before town meeting it has to be printed in the other papers. maybe the great doctah can explain the financial complexities of sales to cost ratio.

#15 2010-10-11 13:50:13

If this quote doesn't sum up the arrogance of the CRC, what does?

Doc Jones in Wareham Week Comments wrote:

Posted by: Michael Jones | Sep 22, 2010 13:40

As a member of the CRC I have not been asked by the moderator to attend the meeting. Is the moderator simply going to answer questions about the charter articles herself? It is rather amazing that this moderator or any moderator thinks they can coerce volunteers on committees to attend meetings. Will I get reimbursed for this unexpected pleasure?

Turn out the vote at town meeting.  Every vote counts.  Vote every piece of crap the CRC tries to dump on the town down.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com