#2 2010-10-03 09:19:04

Cindy Parola wrote:

"The tone has softened, but the same lies are coming from the mouths that remain," Parola said.

Best quote of the article and sums it all up.  We are not "extremists" just because we do not tolerate lies.

Everyone acts like it's a mystery of how to raise the quality of the public discourse in Wareham.  It's not.

It's always been a two step process.  Step 1 was remove Sweet Brucey, Cronie, and Curly from office.

Step 2 will be to remove Brockton Brenda and Janey from office.

By April 2011 we will hopefully then have the top 5 Hypocrite Elitists removed from office, and only decent people WHO DON'T LIE will remain.

A dislike of lies doesn't make you an extremist - it just makes you sane.

#3 2010-10-03 09:33:21

jane couldn't take the high road. it's ok for her to publicly criticize cara for her letter to the editor but she sits still while her board members attack private citizens during bos meetings. brenda and brucie get sued over it costing money to taxpayers and jane doesn't speak up.

the proper way for leaders or bosses to deal with a single issue like the letter to the editor would have been for jane to have a private conversation expressing her displeasure. to make a public statement to embarrass cara shows every reader that jane is petty.  she acts like a bitch who never does anything wrong. let's vote her out in april. take a look at what she said.

Selectmen Chairman Jane Donahue agreed — to a point.

"For the most part, with the exception of a rather disappointing Letter to the Editor that appeared in The Standard-Times just this week (in which Winslow explained why she cast the one dissenting vote on a development issue), I feel the new board members have tried to put the campaign rhetoric behind them and are moving forward with learning the ropes and the reality of the complexities of governing; grappling with the issues of fairness and legality," she said.

#4 2010-10-03 10:41:23

According to Mr Holmes:

"I think he and I are a lot alike," Holmes said of the town administrator. "He's got this get-it-done attitude and I think I'm a lot like that, too."

I watch most BOS meetings and read all the local papers so I'd like to hear from Mr. Holmes himself just WHAT is getting done ?

#5 2010-10-03 10:42:12

Cara Winslow has every right to write a letter to the editor. 

When she was attacked for baking a cake, she defended herself in a meeting and the tin hats threw a fit and said she should have written a letter to the editor.

So she writes a letter to the editor about a Makepeace vote she felt she had to clarify, and the tin hats throw another fit saying she should have talked about it during a meeting.

Except had she talked about it in a meeting, then they'd say she should have written a letter.

It just goes round and round and round - the tin hats just want to attack people and not have them say anything in their defense.

That's because the tin hats are gutless cowards and bullies who can dish it but cry like babies if people ever stand up for themselves.

Their arguments are brainless and idiotic and only work when they try to intimidate people into not telling the truth.

#6 2010-10-03 10:42:46

DONT FORGET  BRENDA THE FISH WIFE  SAID TO THOSE  WHO DONT AGREE WITH HER TO GET OUT OF WAREHAM, I WILL SAY THAT AS LONG AS THE TIN FOIL CROWD GETS WHAT THEY WANT  THINGS ARE OKAY WITH THEM  ,VOTE AGAINST WESTFILD FOR THE SIX TH  TIME YOU HATE SENIOR CITZENS , I FOR ONE  IS SICK OF THERE AGENDA  ,THERE LIES .

#7 2010-10-03 11:02:45

???

Even the ousted Sauvageau said he was "pleasantly optimistic and surprised" that "this particular Board of Selectmen has continued to advance the agenda" established when he was in office.

What aganda was that, Sweet Brucey ?  Destroying the reputation of OUR community and making us the laughing stock right up to the state house ?
Spending more legal fees than ever in OUR history ?  Firing more employees in two or three years than ever in OUR history ?  Violating our HOME RULE CHARTER and by-laws more than any other board in OUR history ?
Sweet agenda !

I could go on but...well, you know.

#8 2010-10-03 11:37:30

hey janie, it's alright for brenda to take some potshots against town committee members in a letter to the editor but you have to make a nasty comment about your board member cara when she writes an explanation for her action? yeah, you really want to see this town move in the right direction.

what a hypocrite you are jane. this town seems filled with double standards. time to step down.

Brenda's rant-- http://www.wickedlocal.com/wareham/high … nto-action

#9 2010-10-03 11:47:30

..more like time to vote her ass out of office just like her race-baiting husband..

#10 2010-10-03 12:15:56

slagisDB wrote:

..more like time to vote her ass out of office just like her race-baiting husband..

I see you're one of "those people" Mr. Holmes characterizes as an extremist.

Holmes echoed the [Jane Donahue] sentiment that debate is being driven by extremists.

"It's like Washington," he said. "There are fringe people on the left and fringe people on the right. Those people are never going to be happy no matter what you do."

I'll have you know our former moderator from Brockton is the official spokesmodel for Wareham's entire Cape Verdean community.

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/newgestapo.png

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#11 2010-10-03 12:53:41

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/sidepic/wayback.jpg

Click into the wayback machine...

https://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/short-spacer.gifhttps://warehamwater.cruelery.com/img/Booing.BoBo.2009-07-30-Thu-6-32-06-pm.jpg

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#12 2010-10-03 13:52:47

if it is extreme to want the bos to stop wasting money on computer audits, excessive salaries, and unnecessary legal consultations then I am an extremist.

if it is extreme to want the bos to stop violating open meeting law, stop humiliating public citizens, stop ignoring town meeting votes, then I am an extremist.

if it is extreme to want town appointed committees to do the work they are supposed to rather than reinventing the wheel, then I am an extremist.

if it is extreme to expect steve holmes to keep his campaign promises, brenda to treat people civilly and without hatred, jane to act like a leader and treat her entire board with respect even if she disagrees with them, then I am an extremist.

if it is extreme to want to see the last edition of the worst piece of rag journalism that was ever published, then I am an extremist.

I am proud to be an extremist and so should you be if you agree with the above. nothing to be ashamed of.

#13 2010-10-03 14:28:14

Why would the Standard Times even bother to interview Sweet Brucey?  This clown came in 4th in a 5 way race.

Sometimes I am disappointed in the Standard Times.  They did an excellent job of exposing the misdeeds of the Hypocrite Elite and therefore the informed citizenry voted to "throw the bums out."  Only problem is, only half of the bums were thrown out.  Two more bums have to be thrown out of office next April.

The Standard Times stopped shining a light on the cockroachs a year early.  Sweet Brucey tried in March to reform his image, but there wasn't enough polish in the world to make that turd shine.

Brenda and Janey, on the other hand, have a whole year - they're going to try and hope the people will forget the shenanigans they engaged in when they were a part of the Brucey Bunch.

We have to keep reminding the short-memoried masses.

#14 2010-10-03 16:17:33

A Few Good Quotes...

"Some had adopted a wait-and-see attitude but are very disappointed in Holmes," Parola said.

Exactly..

"SeaRay Has Left the Building" said...

"Many of them were my supporters," he said of his critics. "Now they don't even talk to me. If they don't like the way I do it, that's OK with me.

"There are fringe people on the left and fringe people on the right. Those people are never going to be happy no matter what you do."

Glad it's OK with you if we "extremists" don't like what you've done, Steve. Who doesn't talk to who?? Since you were put in the "big chair" I don't think you've made a single effort to contact me..(that wasn't the case when you needed support). People voted FOR CHANGE..in what the ST termed a "bloodbath" in April's election..what we got (instead) was more of the same..thanks to you. Here's some advice..Talk into the microphone, stop sitting waaaaay back in the big leather chair, and ACTUALLY REPRESENT the voter's who wanted change..and didn't get it. You think us "extremists" (aka people who pay attention) don't matter? We'll see how things go for you once more people realize how little you care what the voter's who put you in that chair think. I know, I know..You have a "greater perspective" than us peons. You want to be closely allied with Jane, Brenda & Andrews? We'll see how that works out.

TBW
P-SPAN

#15 2010-10-03 17:13:52

But...P-Span...how do you really feel?

#16 2010-10-03 18:08:21

THINGS WILL NEVER BE GREAT IN WAREHAM TILL THESE 2 BLOOD SUCKING VAMPIRES JANE AND BRENDA ARE SHOWN THE DOOR ,THESE 2 WITCHES ARE PLAIN EVIL ,I WISH I WERE  THERE HAIR DRESSERS SO I COULD  SEE UNDER THERE HAIR ,I AM SURE I WOULD SEE THE NUMBERS 666 .

#17 2010-10-03 18:31:42

I did a search of the name that Steve used to blog on this site: Searay240 and here is something to make you think. It was a thread started by Steve about why he moved to Onset:

8-26-09
Over the past several months, I have seen and personally witnessed some interesting reactions by our current leadership including the Board of Selectmen, and their reactions when a citizen dares to ask them a simple question.

I was in the hot seat one night actually in favor of something the BOS supports, and got cut to pieces, lied to and the dismissed like I was someone who had no right to ask a question.

This town belongs to it's people "all of us"!!!

We select 5 people to sit on our Board of Selectman to maintain our right to govern. We hire a Town Administrator to run day to day operations. There is a check and balance in place. And on major issues we the people decide what the right answer should be. That is the beauty of the people

Our town does not belong to any Media organization, broadcast network, blog board, the internet, or any other infomation outlet. THE TOWN BELONGS TO EACH OF US.

I have seen that slipping away over the past several months and I believe it is time we change direction.

Later that evening he wrote:

I believe that it's time to bring about concensus into our deliberations. Attract points of view from both sides and have an adult discussion. What I have found is usually the best answer to move forward will come somewhere in the middle and both sides will not always agree, but the fact that they had input can live with the final determination.

We don't need to tear apart our government structure, we don't need to continue fighting from the websites, we need serious people to discuss serious issues.

That is the form of government I would bring to Wareham/Onset, a government made up of the people that have strong opinions on both sides of an issue. Sit down and discuss an issue and come to resolution that is best for moving the town forward.

I believe I can have a part in changing how our town is perceived by other towns around us. We can seek businesses to come here, and improve our jobless rate, I feel no person is more happy than having a job and receiving money for their efforts. We can provide those things in Wareham, and improve our stature in the region so the first place a business looks to relocate is here.

#18 2010-10-03 19:26:13

Why did the Standard Times even bother to quote the Bagel Biting Brucey Bitch?  He's an irrelevant douche.

#19 2010-10-03 19:47:09

Thanks to the person who also searched out searay240 and sent me this quote from Steve Holmes--the reason is obvious!!!  Now I remember why I voted for this guy!!! Where did he go?

2009-08-28 08:24:09
searay240
We have all witnessed on tape how citizens are treated when they come before the BOS during "CITIZEN'S PARTICIPATION" great thing about tapes no spin real facts.

If they treat regular citizens that way while they know they are being taped, one can only imagine how they treat people behind closed doors? Oh yes we have that on tape as well.

It time that all citizen's stand up and say no more!!! This is our town!!

If we can't get the truth on small issues how are we supposed to trust them on issues like Westfield, changing town government,computer audits,library........?

That's right WE CAN'T!!!!

#20 2010-10-03 22:07:40

Just a quick note. The editiorial by Steve DeCosta was a just more of the same lip service we have come to expect. What you don't read is the truth. In a short while, the truth will be coming out. What I hope is that everyone who reads that article remembers it in the coming months. Remember who is singing the praises of the current administration, remembers who is claiming they are doing all this for the people, and remember the person who is trying her level headed best to represent the voters who came out in April with the hopes we could change the direction of this town.

The good news is we have the advantage. Ask around and see if anyone believes this town is headed in the right direction. Ask the employees if they feel like our leaders are looking out for them. Seriously, ask around.

Ask the leaders of MWF if they would provide you with their sunday night chat comments. Then you can judge what they say publically with what they are saying privately.

I had a discussion with a leader of this town about some of the issues and they told me "I can't worry about the people who lose money of the coke machine, I am looking at the bigger picture". The problem is the bigger picture isn't improving and the people losing money in the coke machine are the people who will vote at town meeting and vote in the April 2011 election. In short, the citizens of this town will be heard and they will judge your work, good or bad.

Last edited by Larry McDonald (2010-10-04 08:50:08)

#21 2010-10-03 23:12:09

To Mark

From Steve

TBW
P-SPAN

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com