#1 2010-09-14 08:46:18

MR BAUM,

WHILE I AGREE WITH YOUR ARTICLE REGARDING CERTAIN PEOPLE IN TOWN. I AGREE THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE DEPLORABLE IN THEIR POLITICS AND THEIR ACTIONS. BUT I AGREE WITH DAN O THAT THE CORRECT ACTIONS WERE TAKEN BY VOTING CURLY AND OTHERS OUT OF OFFICE. I DONT BELIEVE I HAVE EVER HEARD THIS HAPPENING ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE COMMONWEALTH. I BELIEVE YOU STILL HAVE UP TO TODAY TO PULL THAT ARTICLE AND IM ASKING THAT YOU CONSIDER DOING SUCH. THIS WILL BE A RALLYING CRY TO THE TFHC AND POSSIBLY HURT US IN APRIL. BRENDA AND JANE WILL IMMEDIATELY SEEK COURT ACTION IF IT PASSES. AGAIN I AGREE WITH YOU MR BAUM BUT THIS TYPE OF DIVISION I BELIEVE WILL HURT OUR CAUSE. PLEASE CONSIDER PULLING THE ARTICLE AND WORKING ON GETTING GOOD CANDIDATES TO RUN IN APRIL AND PUT BRENDA AND JANE OUT OF OFFICE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE FOR WAREHAM.

#2 2010-09-14 09:20:20

Ham of Peace here.

In theory, I agree that certain Hypocrite Elitists have done terrible things and there should be no limit to the punishment they receive, including letting everyone at town meeting know that they have (allegedly) misled town meeting.  Far be it from me to criticize an article that would punish the Hypocrite Elite.

In reality, I fear this will become a big stick that the Weiner Chewing Barracuda Boy will bash us over the head with from now till the next election.  When we are so close to removing the last two members of the Hypocrite Elite from office, I'd hate to see anything interfere with that.

And you have no idea how hard it is for me to suggest removing an article that would punish the Hypocrite Elite...I only raise the idea because I want to be sure that we punish them where it counts - AT THE BALLOT BOX NEXT APRIL!

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-09-14 09:22:06)

#3 2010-09-14 12:54:51

I am Hamatron5000.

#4 2010-09-14 13:50:47

Hamatron5000 wrote:

In reality, I fear this will become a big stick that the Weiner Chewing Barracuda Boy will bash us over the head with from now till the next election.

How does reminding voters they're liars whenever they speak abridge their rights?

#5 2010-09-14 13:58:07

I agree with Bill..whether it's the Charter, Westfield, or any other subject, voters should know when they are being lied to..are we to believe the likes of Sweet Brucey (for an example) when he expounds on the virtues of the Westfield project..should anyone not be weary when Curly takes the mic??

#6 2010-09-14 14:07:05

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the concept of the article, and there are some Hypocrite Elitists out there who have engaged in censure worthy actions (IMO)...I just fear it will end up with the tin hats whining on and on about being "persecuted by the Power Elite."

I don't know...just a worry about the political ramifications, not the actual article itself.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-09-14 14:07:32)

#7 2010-09-14 14:10:49

I am Hamatron5000.

#8 2010-09-14 15:11:41

HOW ABOUT THIS WE HOOK THESE LIARS UP TO LIE DETECTORS  I THEY LIE A RED LIGHT WOULS GO OFF SO THE MODERATOR WOULD  SEE IT ,THEN SHE WOULD OPEN A TRAP DOOR TO FEEDS THESE LIARS TO THE SHARKS , ALSO A LITTKE ELECTRIC SHOCK THERAPY WOULD HELP

#9 2010-09-14 18:01:16

I believe the following: If I lived in Wareham and someone asked me to sign a petition to place an article on Town Meeting floor, I would sign it. It's UN-AMERICAN not to sign it.

I might smile while I signed it, tell you why I will fight you on Town Meeting floor and kick your ass, but I'll sign it. Just like I would sign a candidate for office petition. I don't care about their politics. I'll sign it because they have the right to run for office, and I believe I would fail my obligation as an American not to sign it.(The exception would be if I knew the person was a pedophile or some other dastardly fellow).

If the article is found to be unlawful, so be it. If it appears at Town Meeting I would support or oppose it. So be it.

I know some that have signed have been "outed" by the rag. I suppose, being the ethical reporter/editor/publisher he is, if the petition had 300 names on it, including his friends and columnists, he would print all of those names.

Oh...maybe not.

#10 2010-09-14 20:43:34

Slager doesn't care who he hurts, if it gives him another week in print.  How low is that?  It keeps good, qualified people from getting involved. This is my opinion and I believe it's the truth.

#11 2010-09-14 20:51:51

I agree voting...it's going to get nasty very soon, so I hope all of us are ready.

#12 2010-09-14 21:50:49

In Hollywood terminology the warrant article in question was "created, written,directed, and produced by Peter Baum."   He has always been a committee of one.

I was rip roaring mad at the shenanigans that occurred at the last Town Meeting, but I didn't do anything about it. Peter..being Peter...did something about it.

I applaud that, but I don't applaud the way he went about it. He knows that. My first reaction when I read the warrant for the first time 2 or three days ago was to say that it sounded like right out of Nathaniel Hawthorne's "Scarlet Letter" . I feared that his "over the top" censures would become the issue rather than the carefully documented examples of past TM presentations that were at the very least , misspeaking, and which I don't object to having people  read before we go into the 2010 TM.  I see them as the equivalent, in Naval terms, as "a shot across the bow"......Knock off this kind of behavior !

Signing the petition was another kettle of fish. Peter knows that I wouldn't vote  in favor of his warrant "as-is", but he also knows that I would "go to the wall" for his right to submit a warrant article that addresses his very deep and sincere convictions.  Ditto for Sandra.  Signing the petition was totally divorced from the heated discussion that came before.  No apologies .

#13 2010-09-14 22:00:49

Thank you, Dick.
That was well said.

#14 2010-09-15 07:12:56

The difference here is maturity.  We're opposing the equivalent of a toddler. It's just about as frustrating.  We are trying to use logic and reason when we should be using the time-out chair.

Edit:   I forgot that toddlers are too young to benefit from time-out. Usually they just need a nap.

Last edited by votingcitizen (2010-09-15 07:14:59)

#15 2010-09-15 09:41:05

this is a democracy. I don't like some guy burning korans but our law says it is legal. I don't like baum's articles either. but he has the right to do this. guilty people have the right to a lawyer. people have the right to sign a petition so that the democracy works right. lots of things we might not like but have to live with.

it also shows the public by the media writing articles about the baum articles just what kind of officials and citizens we have who do things that are wrong or say things that are wrong and get away with it. so the media blow up did the job that the articles would have done. good publicity to get the word out especially about the donahues. bobo shot himself in the foot on this one. I heard those lies at town meeting and I'm mad about it. more mad now than when I was lied to.

#16 2010-09-15 14:07:06

Does anyone find it humorous/ironic that the very people who were trying to get rid of town meeting are now singing its praises as the last bastion of democracy, a shining example of our civil rights and a weapon against "fascism"??

In the TT--" “This whole thing is an absolute disgrace,” Eckstrom said on Monday, before the articles were pulled. “This is nothing more than an attempt to silence political debate in Wareham."

SILENCE POLITICAL DEBATE????  How does that compare to the CRC and BOS trying to shove a mayoral system down our throats, thereby silencing political debate on town meeting floor as we know it?? 

If the CRC had gotten their way, this whole discussion would be moot. Funny how things turn out.

#17 2010-09-15 16:43:14

Its a shame that this box has brought this type of actions by citizens.

#18 2010-09-15 17:13:44

Oh good god, Sweet Brucey is crying about democracy.  Maybe if he knew a little more about it he'd still be a selectman instead of a ragserver columnist.

Sweet Brucey: Get a job.  Pay your taxes.  Democracy needs your $181,000.

#19 2010-09-15 20:27:27

I hate pseudo-intellectuals!

#20 2010-09-23 18:05:10

Instead of the Baum censure articles, maybe we should sponsor an Article that employed the Pinocchio Method of punishment that would be utilized  against those telling lies at Town Meeting.  If it were in place last Spring,  NM, the Sl---ns, Mr. D-----ue, and the others spouting "untruths" or "mis-statements" would be sporting elongated snouts...

Last edited by mama bear (2010-09-23 21:00:03)

#21 2010-09-23 19:24:23

They don't just lie at Town Meeting, Brenda lied Tuesday about the Makepeace project, sure they have 700,000 gallons of wastewater in CARVER AND PLYMOUTH, so why are the Wareham taxpayers hiring a consultant can't the affected towns afford one?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com