#1 2010-09-13 15:38:17

JANE AND BRENDA WHO CANNT TELL THE TRUTH MOST OF THE TIME,IN A  SNEAKEY MOVE THAT WAS NOT TELEVISED VOTED TO HIRE TOWN COUNCIL AND SPEND MORE TOWN MONEY THAT WE DONT HAVE TO SQUASH A CENURE ARTICAL ON TOWN MEETING FLOOR SHOULD HAVE ABSTAINED BECAUSE THE CENSURE ARTICAL WAS ABOUT THE 2 OF YOU , LADIES HAVE YOU NO SHAME OR DIGNETY,WOULD IT NOT HAVE BEEN MORE HONERABLE TO FIGHT THESE ARTICALS ON TOWN MEETING FLOOR , AND THE EXCUSE FOR THIS IS THERE MIGHT BE LAW SUITS AGAINST THE TOWN ,LADIES IF WE CAN CALL YOU THAT ,WOULD YOU SUE THE TOWN?,AND IF YOU WOULD SUE THE TOWN WOULD YOU BOTH STEP DOWN FROM YOUR POSITIONS WHILE YOUR LAWSUIT AGAINST THE TOWN WENT ON, BOY YOU TWO HAVE NO SHAME.

#2 2010-09-13 17:33:50

remember alin slavin was put on 8 commitees and peter baum could not get on just one commitee.

#3 2010-09-13 17:37:54

I read the article to be submitted. I have a few questions:

Has this ever been done before in Mass. or any other Town Meeting State?  Is there a precedent?

If you wanted to censure certain individuals at Town Meeting, why not just do that? I don't think it requires a Warrant article, just a motion of censure to the "legislative body". Especially for elected officials.

I must admit I am confused. The ultimate sanction for an elected official, such as John Donahue, is what happened to him...he was voted out of office. Same for his wife. Same for Brenda...what other sanction is worse than that?

I think that the censure of Mr. Slavin may go over badly....he will look like he is being picked on and he has served on so many committees, he carries a "name", most people may not associate the name with a negative, unless they read this site or speak to people on this site.

You are asking the old "Yankees" to do something they might feel very uncomfortable about. They protected the Town Meeting form of government just a year ago. It may be too soon to hit them with a somewhat unusual article this quickly.

Just my opinion.

Someone please educate me...you know, establish a real dialog like we always have on this site.

That's the difference between us and the other site...we are willing to debate the issues...none of us are as smart as all of us...In order to be informed, we must discuss.

Thanks...

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com