#1 2010-09-04 06:44:16

LETSBKEEP IT UP  NOTICE ANCHOR LIQUORS IS GONW AND SO IS SHOOTERS ,LETS KEEP IT UP ,PEOPLE DO NOT WANT TO BE ACCOTIATED WITH THE LIAR FROM HALIFAX AND SLOWLY BUT SURELY ARE FINDING OUT THAT YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU ADVETISE WITH THE RAG , NOT ONLY YOU PAY FOR THE ADD BUT YOU WILL NOT GET MY BUSINESS AND THE BUSINESS OF OTHERS OF THE PEOLPE WHO BOYCOTT THE RAG AND ITS ADVERTISERS ,MOVE OVER TO WAREHAM  WEEK  , NOW THAT PAPER IS ON THE MOVE, FOR EXAMPLE THERE WERE CHOICES TO BUY YOUR LIQUOR WITH ANCHOR LIQUORS  ADVERTISING IN THE RAG, NOW THAT THEY HAVE MOVED THERE ADVERTISING I CAN NOW VISIT ANCHOR LIQUORS,  I  TALK TO THOSE WHO ADVERTISE IN THE RAG THAT I WILL NOT GO INTO THERE BUSINESS AS LONG AS THEY ADVERTISE IN THE RAG BECAUSE THIS PAPER DOES NOT TELL THE  TRUTH , BOYCOTT.

#2 2010-09-04 12:43:07

I submit that The Rag's continued declines in both  paid readership and advertising revenue lend  more credulity to my long-held contention that The Rag is  being funded by an entity that stands  to profit from the minds that it can sway.

Last Winter, when The Rag and The Observer arose out of the ashes, I offered the opinion that a developer on an ''inside track" for The Westfield contract would be the logical candidate. In the Spring the  Pro-Westfield volume turned up when a selectman -in-exile appeared as a "pro-bono" columnist and began a messianic quest to revive  Westfield almost as if it was "The Promised Land" !

Each time I bring it up I make a point of saying that I think it could be done in a way that is perfectly legal.  Yet the knee jerk response from Bobo is is to scream that I have accused him of" taking a bribe".  Deny a changed accusation : a classic Slager response.

They know full well that they wouldn't go to jail for being rewarded for pushing Westfield, but if it became common knowledge that they were locked into a tit for tat relationship as "pushers" for a multi-million dollar deal, their credibility  with their readership would be shot ,and the printing bill would stop getting paid by "the mystery developer".

Of course I'm aware of the possibility that I'll be eating large amounts of "humble pie" tomorrow after Bobo sends me the supporting evidence for his big Lottery win: the only other possible way that a publication that is dependent upon  a strong mix of paid readership and paid advertising, but which has neither, could stay in operation.

#3 2010-09-04 14:56:34

I was at Shaw's this Wednesday, a few days before the new issue comes out, and there was still a hefty stack left there. Can't seem to sell it.

I pick up my weekly copy at a FREEBIE place. This Tuesday there was still a hefty stack left.  Can't seem to give it away either!

Like I said before, the few loyal followers and devotees of the tabloid will keep on reading and believing. Many have seen the light and won't pick it up for free and certainly won't pay 75 cents for it. But the die hards will die hard for sure. (no pun intended!!)

(Logic check: if you were a TT reader and after reading week after week what the computer audit would reveal, when the report would be revealed, that lives would be changed, and then you learned that NONE of that was true because the DA had confiscated the discs almost immediately, would you really trust that guy or anything else he printed?? And after Cara produced the email that did NOT include "caking" Dick W. even though the TTW's article said he was included? He had to correct his accusation that the Friends lost $200,000 in the stock market when we never made investments there. (took him almost a month--yeah, a lot of journalistic integrity there!) Hey, he couldn't even get my husband's occupation right after two tries!! Yeah, like I'd believe his crap. Still, some people defy all logic and keep on reading and believing.)

It it wasn't for this site, he wouldn't have much to say. Almost every article has some reference to this OPINION blog, or the so-called Take Back Wareham, or Bob Brady, Dick Wheeler, Dan O'C., Hamatron, me (no matter what subject I talk about, he takes a jab at the Friends of the WFL by calling me their spokesperson!! Lots of integrity there too!), or hatebloggers in general (he can't seem to work us into the occasional sports article, the hurricane announcement or the true love type articles!!).  Really, who wants to read a tabloid that is obsessed with a local blog??  Just the tin foil hatters, a few BoS and the rare town employees/officials.

Lottery??? I wouldn't hold my breath Dick. No humble pie for you!!!

#4 2010-09-04 15:03:18

Would his wife give him any money to even play the Lottery?

#5 2010-09-04 18:34:36

I love Nora Bicki.
I have said before, I will say again...every time he writes about one of us or TBW or whatever, we have people visit this site. They become hooked, and they are one of "us".
That's how I got here in July of last year...best damn thing I ever did!!!

Save Wareham

#6 2010-09-05 00:15:03

I LOVE DANOCONNELL!

#7 2010-09-05 19:08:27

We also need to put pressure on buisnesses that sell the rag to stop

#8 2010-09-05 21:48:23

Thanks IHS... reticent bugger!

#9 2010-09-06 09:15:09

By: robertslager on 9/5/10
But as you may have heard, I do enjoy a good hot dog from time to time.

WE KNOW YOU DO BOBO, BUT THESE HOT DOGS YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY FOR. PROBABLY NOT YOUR THING

#10 2010-09-06 09:18:48

Ummm, buffet. (How long will it take for me to be labeled "buffet boy?")

LESS THAN 24HRS YOU FAT SLOB. JESUS CHRIST THAT LAST THING YOU NEED IS TO GO TO AN ALL YOU CAN EAT BUFFET.

#11 2010-09-06 09:20:40

I wonder if it's Matt Underhill. I don't remember what his voice sound like. Maybe we should prank him on Tuesday to find out :)

WHAT ARE YOU TEN?

#12 2010-09-06 09:22:30

SLAGER YOU ARE THE ANTI CHRIST YOU FAT LITTLE PRICK.

#13 2010-09-06 09:56:20

Anyone up for a good laugh??

Yes, I was joking, mikknack. Contrary to what they believe, the hatebloggers have little influence over anything I do. I find them alternately sad, amusing and pathetic.

OMG and LOL!!!!!  This guy trips over himself to get to his bathroom/office to refute everything we say. Little influence??

And here is another good one:

Mick, I understand Nora claimed there was a big stack of Observers left at Shaw's this week. Well, according to Shaw's we sold 133 out of 150 papers we left last week. I guess "stack" is in the eye of the beholder.

Wow, he sold 133???  That's $99.75 minus whatever Shaw's takes for selling them. What a booming business!!  Must have been a last minute run on the tabloids because there were more than 17 left when I saw the stack.

#14 2010-09-06 10:22:33

Nora Bicki wrote:

Anyone up for a good laugh??

Yes, I was joking, mikknack. Contrary to what they believe, the hatebloggers have little influence over anything I do. I find them alternately sad, amusing and pathetic.

And yet, BoBo, you idolize the members of this site.  You can't stop talking about your infatuation.  But, please do us a favor and don't talk about your sack when referencing this site.   We are not interested in your perverted pervisions.

Last edited by Mixie (2010-09-06 10:23:49)

#15 2010-09-06 12:39:18

Hi, all...

there is a quote from the slimebot in this thread regarding Matt Underhill. Does anyone know what the Halifax harlot is making a reference to?

#16 2010-09-07 14:17:16

Nora Bicki wrote:

Mick, I understand Nora claimed there was a big stack of Observers left at Shaw's this week. Well, according to Shaw's we sold 133 out of 150 papers we left last week. I guess "stack" is in the eye of the beholder.

Wow, he sold 133???  That's $99.75 minus whatever Shaw's takes for selling them. What a booming business!!  Must have been a last minute run on the tabloids because there were more than 17 left when I saw the stack.

So today is Tuesday and I just left Shaw's. In order to be both technically correct AND honest, (ha ha) I actually counted the number of tacky tabloids left on the rack!!! (Pathetic, I know, but I wanted to be perfectly accurate.)

Now we all know that Thursday is the day for the new TT to come out, but today, just two days prior, there were 61 TTs left on the stand. So, while that "stack is in the eye of the beholder" I would say that from the "stack" today, only selling 89 TTs this week ain't gonna pay the bills. Unless of course there is another big run on the TTs before Thursday. And this issue's headline is EEE!!! You'd think inquiring minds might want to know.............

And one more thing. The TTW refutes just everything on this site that is said about him, yet several times on this site, it has been mentioned that two of his so-called "advertisers" have not paid for their ads for some time. Approx the lower 1/3 of the front page and the lower 1/3 of the back page is the same barber shop ad. Franklin Flag ads appear inside.  So what's the story there??  Let's have the FACT [sic] ma'm on that one.

Notice he never says anything about the truth and facts we post here if it doesn't make his buddies look good. He just ignores us then. If only he would ignore us all the time.

#17 2010-09-08 08:24:00

I still think the biggest advertiser that the rag has left is noneother than the town of Wareham.  Why hasn't the town pulled any and all advertising from the rag?  We have three selectmen who see the rag for the pile of shit that it is.  I thought the TA, after experiencing Bobo's D-baggery with "mosquitogate" would have realized by now that supporting a paper that is destroying Wareham is not a good way to spend Wareham's advertising dollars.

Cut off the stream of cash from the town of Wareham to the rag today.

#18 2010-09-09 15:33:55

Tiny Crystal Balls: "I will never stop laughing at the image of Nora Bicki standing in Shaw’s on a Tuesday afternoon counting how many Observers have been sold."

Keep laughing. The truth is out on how FEW tacky tabloids are actually being sold. (Less than 150 a week at a major grocery store!!!!! Embarrassing and pathetic.)  I was in town hall today and there were 11 (yep, I counted 'em!!!) Sept. 2 tabloids left on the clerk's counter!!!! Last week's fish wrap. Like I said....can't give them away!!!!

I also noticed a FULL page ad in this week's WW from Southcoast. Hey didn't Southcoast once upon a time advertise in the tabloid???  And didn't the tabloid run the Southcoast ad quite some time after the expiration date on the advertising agreement?? Kind of like the barber shop and the flag guy.

Well, I must say, my feelings are hurt after that nasty slam in the "Tiny Balls" column. I think I'll go write a second grade poem to make myself feel better!!

Last edited by Nora Bicki (2010-09-09 18:06:47)

#19 2010-09-09 15:42:15

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Rag man sucks
Sweet Brucey does too!

Notice that he repeats his little "dead horse" deal today too, and gives not a single mention of all the hard work Liz McDonald and Cara Winslow put in feeding the employees during the hurricane that never was. I guess rather then say something nice about those he has spent so much time demonizing he would rather just rehash an already old cut and paste. What amazing journalism at work over at Ragserver media!

Nora, I saw a ton and I do mean a ton of those rags at Tedeschi's yesterday afternoon when I picked up my grandson at daycare.

#20 2010-09-09 17:51:23

Nora wrote:

I was in town hall today and there were 11 (yep, I counted 'em!!!) Sept. 2 tabloids left on the clerk's counter!!!! Last week's fish wrap. Like I said....can't give them away!!!!

it has been a while since i cruised thru the main floor of the Town Hall. My memory is that there was a table(s) set up in the LOBBY area of the building, where several free publications could be had by any & all Town Hall visitors.  Why is a politically slanted publication available at the Town clerk's office, which ought to be the essence of neutrality? Are these handed out to newly registered voters, as their first reading of the politics in Wareham? this is every bit as bad as the meals-on wheels fiasco. The presence of this political screed at the Town Clerk's office certainly gives the impression that the Town Clerk has given her blessing to the ranting & raving contained in this low-level, low budget piece of crap.

One would not expect the town clerk to advise voters to "Vote for _______" as she handed out ballots on election day, now would one. In the same vein, why does this town clerk provide space for the logorrhea (diarrhea of the mouth) of one-way Corrigan at a place where people seek information, not one-sided propaganda?

This is wrong. It needs to stop. Now.

#21 2010-09-10 20:07:10

iliveinazoo wrote:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Rag man sucks
Sweet Brucey does too!

Roses are red
Bobo's socks are black
Any class or dignity
our boy does lack.

Roses are red
but they also are thorny
When Brucie meets BoBo
they get really horny.

Roses are red
let's keep this verse cleaner
Relax BoBo and choke
down your next weiner.

#22 2010-09-10 21:27:13

Mixie, you are somuch better at this then I am!

#23 2010-09-10 22:11:35

Ham of Peace here.

While we're talking about Bobo's tiny crystal balls (only visible with a microscope), why the hell is he saying "Hamatron owes me a trillion dollars."  Bobo, what the hell?  Is that some kind of joke that only you and the voices in your head get? 

Bobo, it's simple - people get money for doing work.  You've never done 1 dollar's work in your life let alone a trillion dollar's worth.  Jesus, why are you hitting Ham up for money, did the loose change at the bottom of your wife's purse run out again? 

GET A JOB, YA' BUM!

#24 2010-09-10 22:41:17

Hamatron5000 wrote:

Ham of Peace here.

why the hell is he saying "Hamatron owes me a trillion dollars."

Because BoBo is ilnumerate.

#25 2010-09-13 10:41:41

A few on the ball observers (pun intended) have reported sightings of stacks of the tacky tabloid at Salvation Army and at the West Wareham Post Office.

Freebies all over the place!!!  Why the big piles left over??? Some people are actually law abiding citizens and would not "steal" a paper that said 75 cents on the top, but that unbeknownst to them are actually free!!! No one has reported a FREE sign near the tabloids. Duh.

How many trees have been cut down to print that fish wrap that gets tossed each week because they are left over??  This is an environmental crime!!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com