#1 2010-06-24 16:51:06

1) The TA is closing the books on June early against DOR rules. Check out mass.gov under DOR, you will see the paragraph where DOR indicates its rules were changed in 1974 to reflect ALL municipalities must follow a fiscal year from 7/1 to 6/30. He is violating DOR.

2) Miles Burke (Inspectional Services Supervisor and TA Andrews overpaid former Lawrence co-worker) his girlfriend (who is most commonly found draped across his desk each day at Town Hall) was just hired for $15 an hour to 'supervise' the lifeguards.  Did anyone see that supervisor position posting??

TBW
P-SPAN

#2 2010-06-24 17:19:22

#4 2010-06-24 19:01:33

YES I HEARD IT BEFORE MILES BURKE WAS  SUPPOSED TO BE IN CHARGE OF THE LIFEGUARDS , BUT I HEARD HIS GIRFREIND WHO DRIVES HIM BACK AND FORTH AND WHO HANGS AROUND AL DAY WAS TO BE GIVEN A JOB SUPERVISING THE LIFE GUARDS  ,THIS JOB  USED  TO BE DONE BY THE RECREATION DIRECTOR , THIS IS A MADE UP JOB ,SO SHE GETS A SUMMER JOB ,WHAT WILL SHE GET FOR THE WINTER ,MILES BURKE CHAUUFER , BUT HOW CAN SHE SUPERVISE THE LIFE  GUARDS IF  SHE IS LAYING AROUND ON MILES BURKE DESK.

#5 2010-06-24 19:38:32

Ham of Peace here.

What a revelation, P-SPAN.  Let's begin construction on the new sign for Wareham off 495 - "Welcome to Wareham!  Land of Milk and Honey for Everyone From Merrimack!  Come on in, Our Money's Fine!"

#6 2010-06-24 19:48:29

I thought this guy was already hired to supervise the lifeguards?  Does this mean a second person is being paid to do the job he was hired to do?

I'm sure municipal maintenance could have used a helper for the summer for $15 an hour, probably could have gotten one for even less than that.

For those just tuning in, municipal maintenance was gutted from 40 to 5 workers under the "leadership" of the former dictatorship.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-24 19:48:50)

#7 2010-06-25 06:57:51

SO MILES NEEDS  SOMEONE TO DRIVE HIM AROUND WAREHAM , HAS HIS GIRLFREIND  DRIVE HIM TO WAREHAM , HANGS AROUND HIS DESK , IS SUPPOSED TO SUPERVISE THE LIFE GUARDS , HAS HIS GIRLFREIND SUOER VISE THE LIFE GUARDS  FROM HIS DESK, THE JOB WAS NOT ADVERTISED,  HE GETS 30 K MORE FOR DOING HIS JOB WITHOUT THE PROPER QUAIFACTIONS , LIFE IS GRAND  FOR MILES BURKE , ON THE OTHER HAND I HEARD FROM SOMEONE  WHO WORKS IN WAREHAM THAT HE  DID SOME WORK FOR ANDREWS AND ANDREWS INSULTS THIS  PERSON AND TREATS  THIS PERSON LIKE DIRT ,  THIS PERSON CRIME  WAS THIS PERSON LIVES IN WAREAM  I GUESS .

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-06-25 08:41:06)

#8 2010-06-25 06:59:15

I

#9 2010-06-25 07:58:47

I SEARCHED AND FOUND NO JOB POSTING FOR A LIFEGUARD SUPERVISOR. THIS IS AGAINST THE TOWN CHARTER. BOBO WHEN YOU WERE JEERING POLITICAL HIRES WHERE WERE YOU ON THIS ONE? THIS ONE ACTUALLY HAS A SALARY. WHO IS GOING TO DRIVE HIM AROUND IN THE SUMMER NOW????

#10 2010-06-25 08:54:13

Ham of Peace here.

I have to say, Bobo and Sweet Brucey, those two bosom buddies and bastions of "open and honest government" seem to be awfully quiet about this.

#11 2010-06-25 12:55:58

No lifeguards at Little Harbor. The lifeguard chairs are on their sides by the outhouse and have been since they were dropped off. The senior work off people are on duty at 8 am though. No one on the beach at that hour.

#12 2010-06-25 13:26:19

More from the grapevine..

Looks like the Citizens to Citizens group that provides senior workers to the COA got enough complaints about Griz that they are pulling all of their workers out of the COA. They will most likely be assigned to other offices in town. That includes Liz P.

And Griz isn't winning any points with the senior work off people either. Seems like a few of them have complained to Mark Andrews about her "management style".

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-06-25 13:26:43)

#13 2010-06-25 13:57:49

It's about time.  Marcia is a bully.  Bullying the elderly is illegal.  Look it up - the office for elderly affairs is the name, I think.

#14 2010-06-25 16:45:14

P-SPAN, don't worry about the Cat Lady, she can always go back to her paper...oh wait, she traded it in for a light bulb years ago.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-25 16:50:20)

#15 2010-06-25 20:27:37

LETS SEE LIFE GUARD CHAIRS ATLITTLE HARBOR BUT NO LIFEGUARDS , BUT MILES BURKES GIRLFREIND IS IS CHARGE AND YET SHE IS LIEING AROUND ON MILES BURKES DESK,       AND WHY IS GRIZIE IN HER JOB AFTER SHE HAS INSULTED TONS OF PEOPLE , WHY DOES NOT ANDREWS FIRE HER ,BECAUSE SHE IS BEING PROTECTED BY JANE AND BRENDA.

#16 2010-06-26 12:19:11

Pspan have you confirmed that citizens had indeed pulled these people? If it is true on the one hand it is a good thing they will no longer be verbally abused. On the other hand these people really needed those jobs and the money they earned. It’s too bad they couldn’t just go to work, do their job and not be harassed by someone who has zero management skills.

The TA should definitely take notice. As I have said before someone will eventually sue the town for verbal harassment.  If Marcia worked for a corporation she would have been fired or at the very least sent to anger management classes as well as management classes. No company would put themselves at risk and ignore this type of behavior.

I have also heard from a few seniors who are in the tax work off program. Marcia has been extremely rude and intimidating to them. I know of at least one person who really needed the help with reducing her tax bill, she worked last year and refused to go back this year because of Marcia.

Beach Plum the COA is kind of an extension of the office of elder affairs. The office of elder affairs is a state agency with different branches. They work with different cities and towns to provide services for the elderly. (meals on wheels etc) The COA is supposed to be an advocate for seniors. It is not suppose to be a place where seniors are treated rudely, where senior volunteers are brought to tears because the director has yelled at them. Nor is it a place where senior volunteers are asked to spy and report back to the director if they heard anyone saying anything negative about her

#17 2010-06-26 16:44:24

Marny, the "I think" the name of the office was of elderly affairs.  I was witness to a false complaint given to them.  No physical abuse, but intimidation, etc..  They called before they came to Wareham (from Boston) and were there the next day to assess the complaint, which was unfounded.  I know it was something to do with Elderly Affairs.  It was a state agency.  The COA was not even mentioned.

I understand the COA and it's workings.  Someone should put in a complaint to the state about Marcia, specifically.  And the town has had enough complaints given to the TA, plus the buzz through the different sites to do something on their own.  I don't care if she is best friend to the Pope, she has to go.  What she is doing is wrong.

#18 2010-07-01 16:37:52

the  TA is screwing wareham with hiring all his low life friends.

#19 2010-07-01 17:10:40

I hope that the TA enjoyed his day at the golf course while getting paid by us the taxpayers

#20 2010-07-01 17:26:37

kickthem wrote:

I hope that the TA enjoyed his day at the golf course while getting paid by us the taxpayers

Was he with our Acting P.T. Chief?  I heard thru a blog on the Eagle Tribune that he could be seen every day at the North Andover Country Club.  Guess he worked the night shift as Chief of Police in N. Andover.

#21 2010-07-01 22:16:51

I thought that Miles Burke was given extra money because he was going to take on more responsibility like the lifeguards.  I thought I heard at one of the selectmens meeting the TA say that the reason he gave Miles more money because he was adding responsibility of the lifeguards.  I am wondering why his girlfriend was hired and how long she is going to stay on the towns payroll.

#22 2010-07-02 04:48:51

YES KICKTHEM MILES WAS GETTING EXTRA MONEY FOR THE LIFE GUARDS ACCORDING TO ANDREWS AND NOW HIS GIRLFREIND IS  DOING THE SAME JOB HE WAS HIRED TO DO  ,WHAT GIVES  HERE  PAYING 2 PEOPLE TO DO THE SAME JOB  AND ALL SHE IS DOING IS LIEING ON MILES BURKE DESK.

#23 2010-07-02 05:11:50

WHAT IS THIS THE TA  PLAYING GOLF WHILE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING IN WAREHAM WHILE WAREHAM IS IN ITS KNEES  , WHO ELSE WAS PLAYING GOLF WITH THE TA , WAS IT MILES BURKE  WHEN HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SAVING LIVES ON THE BEACHES  WITH HIS OTHER BEACH GUARD SUPERVISOR, WAS CURLEY THERE GOLFING WITH HIM, WE ALL KNOW CURLEY WAS OUT GOLFING  ALL THE TIME WHEN HE WAS AN ASSESOR  AND SELLING VOTES FOR LOW ABATMENTS AND THEN THE DOR WAS CALLED IN TO STRIGTEN WAREHAM OUT BECAUSE OF CURLEYS MIS DEADS AND THEN HE WAS FIRED FROM HIS JOB AS ASSESOR IN SWANSEA , THEN HIS WIFE OLE SNEAKEY JANE WOULD GO DOWN AT NITE TO TURN  THE LITES ON AND OFF AT NITE IN HIS OFFICE TO GIVE THE IMPRESION TO WAREHAMS CITZENS THAT HE WAS HARD AT WORK THAT NITE.

#24 2010-07-02 05:23:08

WHO ELSE FROM THE MERIMAK  VALLEY WAS AT THE GOFING TRIP THAT KICK THEM DESCRIBED  ABOVE ,ALL GETTING HIGH WAGES    WHILE THERE HAS BEEN NO CONTRACT OR WAGE INCREASES  FOR THE RANK AND FILE WAREHAM WORKERS , I HAVE HEARD FROM MANY TOWN WORKERS THAT THE TA ANDREWS HAS INSULTED A LOT OF WAREHAM WORKERS  WHO HAVE COME TO HIS OFFICE. THE TA OUT GOLFING WHILE HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING  WHILE   EAST WAREHAM  SHOPING AREA LOOKS LIKE A WAR ZONE ,A DUMP IF YOU WILL  WITH SCORES OF STORES EMPTY,ANDREWS STOP GOLFING ON WAREHAMS DIME AND GET TO WORK.

#25 2010-07-02 10:24:43

The grapevine reveals that the reason the sewer commissioners have been reluctant to reveal the remaining capacity of the town's sewer system is because we are actually at or a little over capacity.  Word is that our wonderful sewer commissioners in the past did not do a very good job of keeping track of how much capacity was left and gave it all away.

TBW
P-SPAN

#26 2010-07-06 21:05:10

New rumor on the Grapevine. Looks like Lawrence passed their budget and their library got funded. The Lawrence Librarian has decided to stay in Lawrence and Wareham is stuck with Griz for a while longer.

TBW
P-SPAN

#27 2010-07-07 11:52:29

Hmmm.. I heard the receipt's at the Onset Pier aren't matching up with the deposits..

I Also heard Griz lost another aide today and she had a big fight with Bobo last week and he stormed off after.

TBW
P-SPAN

#28 2010-07-07 12:21:16

P-SPAN, what was the Bobo-Marcia spat about?  Did Marcia eat the last bagel?

#29 2010-07-08 06:33:27

SO AGAIN WAREHAM DOES NOT HAVE A NEW LIBRIAN  THE LAWRENCE LIBRIAN DECIDES TO STAY IN LAWRENCE  ,  THE REPUTATION  THAT THE WAREHAM LIBRARY HAS GAINED UNDER THE LEADERSHIP AND HATE THAT BRENDA  AND JANE HAS HEAPED ON THE WAREHAM LIBRARY  IS WELL KNOWN ,I GUESS  THAT MOST DECENT LIBRIANS WILL NOT APPLY  FOR THE WAREHAM LIBRIANS JOB,             PLEASE BRENDA THE LOUD MOUTH  , THE POLICE CHIEF AND OTHERS WHO SERVED ON THE LIBRARY SEARCH COMMITEE , WHAT DID THESE 2 KNOW ABOUT  WAREHAMS LIBRARY, AND IN BRENDAS CASE THE HATE SHE HAS FOR THE WAREHAM LIBRARY IS JUST AWFULL , SHE IS ONE DUMB SHIT  AND SHOULD NOT BE ON  ANY MORE HIREING COMMITEES , SHE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A JOB . SHE IS A DAMM ALCHOLIC  FOR GODS SAKE.   SO ONCE MORE OLE GRIZZIE SHALL GET 150 DOLLARS A WEEK  STIPEND WHEN SHE DOES NOT SHOW UP AT THE LIBRARY.

#30 2010-07-08 16:42:21

A seagull has reported that TA Andrews is now doing double duty as an outhouse inspector.  Beach goers have made several complaints to his office that the Little Harbor outhouse is not always clean and it runs out of toilet paper. He was spotted inspecting the outhouse this week.  Dirty work, but someone has to do it...Maybe he should check Bobo's office/outhouse next??

TBW
P-SPAN

#31 2010-07-08 17:05:52

Hey P-SPAN....

Shouldn't that be BoBo's office/INHOUSE?????

Unless, of course, there is the classic half-moon on the door.

Either way, any inspector couldn't miss the pile of bullshit within   -   even the infamous inspector of the French Surete, with or without his Pink Panther pal (altho he may be busy searching for a French futbol team that recently went missing in action).

When one takes note of the recent, recurring problems with algae blooms in the Monponsett Ponds, near the Twin Lakes condo complex in Halifax, one has to wonder if the excess runoff (so to speak) from one particular unit in the condo complex is the culprit. Gotta dump that bullshit somewhere.

#32 2010-07-08 18:36:13

warehams insurance company wants to settle all lawsuits againdt the town of wareham involving bruce savenue ., insurance premiums have gone thru the roof since he has been a selectmen. this has cost wareham tax payers a bundle.

#33 2010-07-13 11:24:31

Word on the street is that Director of Inspectional Services, Myles Burke, made use of town trucks to move his personal belongings to his Wareham address. If so, who paid for the gas? Who drove the trucks? Can we borrow town trucks to move our own stuff? Myles Burke was seen using the town vehicle on Fourth of July weekend, Saturday at 6:45 PM at the lights at Sandwich Road and Route 6 with a new mattress in the back of the town owned truck. We fire a well respected, long time town police officer for using twelve minutes of time on a town cell phone when the town had no cell phone policy on file, but Myles Burke can use the town vehicle with no repercussion?? It pays to be the TA's buddy..

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/2224917035_88115fd957.jpg

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-07-13 13:21:19)

#34 2010-08-05 18:45:16

Looks like more problems in Grizzie land. The word is that several seniors who have kept track of their own hours worked for senior write-off are being told by the person in charge that they have worked quite a few less. Many seniors are upset. The grapevine also tells us that there is now a senior shortage since so many people have worked their total hours and the person in charge is scrambling to find enough people to work the beach gates.  And it's only early August. Seems like there have been several people in charge of scheduling over the summer and the records are a mess.  The word is the person stuck with scheduling is now Liz P.

TBW
P-SPAN

#35 2010-08-05 19:26:16

I have heard the same thing P-Span  a lot of seniors have kept track of their own hours and they do not come up with the same number as the person who is in charge of tracking the hours.

I have also heard a lot of seniors are either quitting the beach jobs or asking to be transferred to something else. What genius came up with the idea to put seniors at the beach in the blazing hot sun for 3 or 4 hours a day?

#36 2010-08-07 17:33:01

https://cruelery.com/sidepic/roadrage.jpg

The Brucemobile, spotted earlier today on Cranberry Hwy.

Auto-edited on 2020-08-11 to update URLs

#37 2010-08-08 08:48:11

That picture pretty well sums up what the former Chairman did to the people of Wareham over the last few years.
Nice shot, Bill.

#38 2010-08-08 18:00:09

Unnamed sources tell us that Griz is now putting seniors to work before their CORI checks come back.  What's the big rush. Seems like a lot of seniors are finished with their 100 hours and there's still plenty of summer left. Is there a cap on the amount of money agreed to in the senior work off program? How much is involved here? The grapevine would like to know.

TBW
P-SPAN

#39 2010-08-08 18:33:38

J. fogarty here to give Credence to some answers.

the program needs to be set up with a MAXIMUM of total dollars, in total program terms and in individual terms. 100 hours equals $7.50 per hour, for a total of $750.00 to be applied to the tax bill. The senior can continue beyond that limit, but now as a volunteer, which many do.

So, yes there is both an individual cap and a total program cap.

I do not know how many seniors the program allows for FY2011. If it is 100, then the total budget would be $75,000; 50 would be $37,500, and so on.

The unfortunate thing is that some seniors sign up, and do not complete the full number of hours. While they get credit for the hours completed, the unused hours may or may not be picked up by another senior. This requires some management attention; hopefully the Griz is up to it.

#40 2010-08-08 18:58:09

P_Span I pretty sure putting people to work before they get the results of the CORI is a big no no. I think I will have a friend email this to the TA. I’m sure he will check into it right away cause I don’t know hmmmmmmmm maybe it’s illegal maybe it’s not ethical. Maybe we would like to make sure we don’t have anyone with a criminal record working at the beaches with all those kids.

I don’t know if there is a cap on how many people can sign up for the program. I do know at one of the selectman’s meetings the TA mentioned how many openings there were for the program. I think he said they increased the number from last year but I don’t remember what the exact number.

#41 2010-08-13 07:59:39

This week the MOU for the Friends of the WFL was discussed & voted on by the Library Board of Trustees.

Leie Carmody (MWF) was asking questions about how the friends operate. She even suggested they pay a fee for using the library. This was met with a great deal of angst. Most non-profits do not have to pay any sort of fee. To make matters worse, the Friends donate money to the library.....very strange request.

The vote was 5-1-1. The negative vote was Kate Furler (GrammyK) by proxy. She was away and gave her proxy to Leie. Leie abstained, which is the same as a negative vote. There was no reason to abstain and without Kate hearing the discussion, she had already made up her mind. Both of them are supporters of MWF.

The MOU does not lay down all these controls. It simply is a mission statement from the Friends and how they will use the facility. Basically, they operate no different than they did before, they just had to sign an MOU because it was used as a road block.

The Library Director laid out a plan that will hopefully restore this library to what it should be. It was an alleged TBW leader who made the motion....eat me Slager.

MWF attempting to Make Wareham Fail again..

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-08-13 08:03:45)

#42 2010-08-13 08:13:28

YEAH EAT ME TO SLAGER YOU FAT BASTARD.

#43 2010-08-13 08:18:02

SUCK IT SLAGER

#44 2010-08-16 18:15:52

This links to the final version of the MOU between the Trustees of the Wareham Free Library and Friends of the Wareham Free Library, Inc.

http://docs.google.com/document/edit?id … y=CKPU3dAC

TBW
P-SPAN

#45 2010-08-16 18:42:39

Bullshit!

#46 2010-08-16 18:53:42

To billw -

The P-SPAN link of 18:15:52 might get more of the publicity it deserves if was under its own thread.  Can you move entries around?

To all - In order to really understand Andrew’s disservice to the library, you have to read the several MOUs he suggested the Friends had to sign in order to fund raise at the library.  If anyone has copies, please post.  My understanding is that they look nothing like the final MOU that was signed.

#47 2010-08-16 21:05:29

commie bastards, i would not sign, come april we will overthrow these nuts.

#48 2010-08-27 22:31:27

I heard the BOS & Mark Andrews invited themselves to the Wareham Police Association luncheon for the elderly....and not one of them offered to help serve, or clean up...but they sure did "work the room" in their best political fashion.

TBW
P-SPAN

#49 2010-08-27 23:06:30

speaking of "working the room", Curly was an early arrival at the funeral home this afternoon as is his custom..

#50 2010-08-28 07:50:27

You are correct P-Span a friend told me the TA and all of the selectman except Cara attended. They stuffed their faces with the free food. Of course Chief Stanley was there as well as Senator Pacheco.

They all sat at one table. I’m told Marcia spent the whole time taking to Brenda and Jane. The three witches of Wareham. As COA director wouldn’t you think she would spend time going around the room and introducing herself to all the seniors?  My friend tried to get a picture of the three of them but her memory card melted when she took the picture.

#51 2010-08-29 10:06:25

#52 2010-09-09 18:16:29

post removed..new info..thanks Kin..

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-09-09 21:32:22)

#53 2010-09-09 20:59:07

might want to check your source not right.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com