#1 2010-09-08 08:01:52

"The town is eligible for reimbursement for employee overtime, supplies, and other expenses incurred during Hurricane Earl, through MEMA and the Federal Emergency Management Agency."

This has been rumored to only apply to two or three of the Handpicked "VOLUNTEERS" that Andrews has chosen..... I ask this:

#1.  If they were "VOLUNTEERS" then why is he choosing to PAY them?? 

#2.  Why are some being paid overtime and those who actually WORKED just being deemed as their duty to be there???  i.e., were people like the IT Director and the WCTV person who worked until 2:00 A.M. compensated for working until past 2:00 a.m? Were Police paid OT, Municipal Maintenance paid OT, Andrew's "volunteers"  WE KNOW WERE BEING paid OT, but many were not and it is not only despicable, but a slap in the face to those whom put their own families aside in this "threatened" storm to be there for Wareham residents.... If Andrews was printed in the statement quoted above, then it would not cost him a penny to take care of those employees who continually are the ones who do the work yet are not acknowledged for their dedication! 

Just my "two cents".... (donated no charge) here....

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com