#1 2010-08-16 07:09:38

JUST LOVED THAT CRAP STORY FROM HIS BUM CHUM  BRUCIE ABOUT HIS ROAD RAGE INCIDENT , WAS HIS PAL BRUCIE  IN VIETNAM ,I DOUBT IT ,AND BRUCIE WANTS TO RUN WAREHAM THIS  GUY CANT EVEN KEEP HIS CAR INSURED EVEN THOUGH HIS SOLE JOB IS TO WRITE COLUMNS FOR THE RAG , HIS LATEST COLULMN A REAL TEAR JERKER ABOUT CICERO , LORD DONT GIVE US ADVICE  MR ROAD RAGE AND YOU HAVE A LONG HISTORY OF ROAD RAGE, BUT YOUR BUM CHUM WILL ALWAYS TRY TO SPIN IT IN YOUR FAVOR WITH HIS LIES ,I GUESS THE CROWD AT TAKE WAREHAM BACKWARDS WILL ALWAYS BELEAVE  YOUR CRAP OR LIES .        STEY TUNED TO THE RAG  LIES AND MORE LIES CRAP AND MORE CRAP.

#2 2010-08-16 18:41:04

If one is telling a story concerning PTSD caused by one's  experience in Vietnam, please tell me where and when he was deployed . There were 2.5 million troops in Vietnam, but a  poll has 20, 000,000 people serving there. I was there for 18 months and suffer from the experience and I do not take their  lies lightly.

Last edited by paul cardalino (2010-08-16 18:42:00)

#3 2010-08-16 18:44:29

Not one of them served in country, Paul.
None of them have seen the elephant grass.

#4 2010-08-16 19:52:53

My favorite phrase from years ago, it don't mean nothing.

#5 2010-08-16 19:56:43

You got that right, brother!

#6 2010-08-18 23:37:44

I hope you are doing well Paul.

I don't know if you are aware, the VA now presents a 100% rating permanent and total for many with PTSD. We have come a long way, and hopefully will continue.

Here, in our Judicial Circuit, we have established, through the Court, a mentor program for warriors coming home from Iraq and Afghanistan. I am proud to be a member, and we are trying to assimilate these folks back into society. They have been arrested for minor offenses, typical of trying to assimilate, and we are trying desperately to establish PTSD counseling for all of these warriors. We just started, but things are working out.

We are also working with the warriors that are facing foreclosures of their homes because of unlawful activities from banks. We will not put up with it here....If a warrior can afford to stay in his home, just as he could before the banks raised their interest rates from 4% to 11%, we are going to ensure he stays in his homestead.

We are committed to helping those that have given their lives, their souls and their blood sweat and tears from losing their futures because of a few crooked banks.

You and I both know, Paul, that no-one welcomed us home.

I can't wait every chance I get to thank a warrior for their service

I consider you one of my heroes, no bullshit, even though we may not agree on a lot of things..

I thank you for your service and lending us your life, not only as a combat warrior, but as a Police Officer.

Stay well and safe Paul.

We all enjoy your posts and appreciate your input.

#7 2010-08-18 23:47:46

Dan like you I was not welcomed home as my dad was  from wwII  and my Uncle for Korea. and they were why I went to War I do not support war but i support those who go to war for us . I work everyday to stop war so we do not have this discussion. The  three religions that cause the most wars come from profets that pemoted peace and the same god of Abreaham yet we still fight. It is time we all look at what we wrer taught and tell the prfets to go to HELL. Love is the only way.

#8 2010-08-19 09:14:44

Ahhh, my good friend Kin....I can see the Irish tears streaming down your cheeks when you wrote the above....that's why I love you, dude...
I have told you this before, but for the benefit of all others.....Thanks for your service and welcome home, brother...

#9 2010-08-20 16:07:36

kinsailman wrote:

Dan like you I was not welcomed home as my dad was  from wwII  and my Uncle for Korea. and they were why I went to War I do not support war but i support those who go to war for us . I work everyday to stop war so we do not have this discussion. The  three religions that cause the most wars come from profets that pemoted peace and the same god of Abreaham yet we still fight. It is time we all look at what we wrer taught and tell the prfets to go to HELL. Love is the only way.

Sometimes someone writes something that goes around in your head for days afterward.  I like kinsailman's sentiments above.  It got me thinking about a conflict resolution strategy called "nonviolent communication" (Google for more information).  Among other things, it has been used to resolve conflicts that have involved killing.  Within our own cluster of friends and foes we see the same forces at work that sometimes escalate into war. I would guess Robert Slager is the most vilified person on this site.  Would anyone be willing to sit down with him for an hour and try out the methods and goals of nonviolent communication?  It would be hard to do, wouldn’t it.  How about something as easy as reducing the amount of name calling we engage in?  Probably not.  My guess is that very few people on this site are even interested in trying to find a way out of our own mild version of violent conflict.  Maybe that is why we continue to have war.

Thanks for your post kinsailman.

#10 2010-08-20 16:29:45

/

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-08-20 17:02:49)

#11 2010-08-21 08:58:12

OK, I tried to bite my tongue because it is usually a waste of time to argue with someone who sounds like they are just throwing out tin hat garbage, but Mr. Onset, give us a break.  You think your buddy Bobo is the villified one?  He has done a thousand times more than his fair share of villifying good people in this town - destroying the reputations of people who have only done good things for this town all in the name of peddling his pathetic little news rag.

You say no one here is interested in resolving the conflict?  Not true.  When Bobo stops being a lying bastard, we'll stop calling him a lying bastard.  A pretty simple and fair resolution if you ask me.  Your idea of a resolution sounds like he should just get to keep on lying and the rest of the town should just bend over and take it.

It's funny - I always notice that people who come on this site and say we should be nice to Bobo and the tin hats never make a similar plea to Bobo and the tin hats that they should abandon their atrocious behavior.

Cry me a river that little Bobo's feelings are hurt.

#12 2010-08-21 09:13:36

...can't negotiate with BoBo.  Folks like Roger Fisher don't advocate negotiating with terrorists because it doesn't work!
Google Roger Fisher

#13 2010-08-21 11:55:23

A few comments for Hamatron 5000 and Mixie:

Robert Slager is not my buddy.
I understand exactly what Mr. Slager has done and dislike those actions just as much as you do. 

The principles of nonviolent communication don’t start out by insisting that the person you dislike so much stop doing the things you find so distasteful.  It isn’t classical negotiation or the principals found in Roger Fisher’s “Getting to Yes.”  (A book I do like.) 

My post was primarily a thank you and a question.  Are we willing to make an effort to try to resolve conflicts or are we going to just keep doing the same ineffective things we always have done with predictable results.  I think most people are likely to continue along the same path.   I hold out the hope that maybe a few might want to try something new.  For those interested, the principles of nonviolent communication might be a path to explore.

#14 2010-08-21 14:06:00

Mr. Onset wrote:

Robert Slager is not my buddy.
I understand exactly what Mr. Slager has done and dislike those actions just as much as you do. 

The principles of nonviolent communication don’t start out by insisting that the person you dislike so much stop doing the things you find so distasteful.

Let's see. Robert Slager washes ashore at suck tide 6 years ago to extort a brain dead newspaper chain and sticks around to manage an extortion racket for loyal unemployables.

Call me stubborn but I resent that.

#15 2010-08-21 17:34:01

lets see slager lies and bashes everyone, and yet mr onset you want me to turn the other cheek  afters he bashes the shit out of everyone, aint  happening i will not turn my cheek he started the crap and he can go to hell,screw that fat little bastard and you can take that to the bank.

#16 2010-08-21 19:03:02

I think Mr. Onset is pointing out that there are other ways to deal with little weasels like ragman. Sadly I think if anyone sat down with him for more then a minute he would turn it into a golden opportunity to continue on his disgraceful ways, with our blessing.

Ragman is the single most vile being on earth, not worth a moment of anyone's time. He has destroyed the reputations of good citizens, the library, and he is responsible for putting a number of people on the unemployment line. His hate knows no bounds. He is a pathalogical liar and egomaniac.

In other words, while I understand what Mr. Onset is saying, no matter what the tactic the result is predictable.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com