#1 2010-08-10 18:07:57

there  was none last week either, since jane thinks she  is a god there will be no meeting ,she does not trust walter, this is the 3rd time  threre was no meeting this summer aand jane was out of town, there used to be meetings even if we were down to 3 selectmen ,.WALTER WHY DOES SHE NOT TRUST YOU TO HAVE MEETINGS WITHOUT HER?

#2 2010-08-10 18:26:42

OK, I guess they're on the "Summer Schedule"...so I can understand that they're going to have meetings every other week for a time..but this meeting was scheduled..an agenda was sent out..and now it's another week off?? When was it called off? Are they required to announce a cancellation a certain amount of time prior to the scheduled meeting, and post it in a public place..and/or send out emails to those who've signed up to receive town announcements/notifications?? Is the fact that Jane can't attend the sole reason for cancelling tonight's meeting (or any other's)?? Funny how often I'm NOT surprised (and left shaking my head) at what the BoS do anymore.

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-08-10 18:50:01)

#3 2010-08-10 18:54:50

P-Span,

You ask many questions, but I can only answer one. There is no time requirement that I know for the cancellation of a posted meeting. Take a 3-person board. One will be out-of-town (or whatever), a fact known in advance to the other two members. Then, the night of the meeting, one of the remaining two members is sick, and cannot attend. Result: no quorum, ergo no meeting. Cancelled. And correctly so. there is no timing requirement; this could occur right at the scheduled meeting time. No quorum = no meeting. Period.

It happens that people arrive thinking that the meeting will take place. All that can happen is to re-schedule.

I have no info to address your other, legitimate questions. Sorry.

#4 2010-08-10 19:19:35

Dan didn’t you say that the selectman had to agree to cancel the meeting if they had a quorum. I think I asked this the last time Jane cancelled because she was out of town.  PSpan according to the bylaws someone posted the selectman only have to meet twice a month. What I want to know is if the other selectmen have to agree to twice a month or a cancellation if they have a quorum. If they do have to agree what the hell is wrong with Cara, Steve and Walter for not voting against this stupidity.

Chris Riley was going to be at the meeting. I think he was supposed to present several options to spend the extra $50,000 he had. Both Jane and Brenda were opposed to it going to the two businesses on Main Street. Maybe she didn’t want it voted when she wasn’t able to attend.  The meeting was posted shouldn’t she have known she was going to be out of town before they posted the meeting? I thought Sweet Brucey was bad she is 100 times worse.

#5 2010-08-10 20:30:03

Marny...I would assume that the other members of the BOS chose not to meet. Why?...Who knows...I don't think anyone will tell you...
Four members is certainly enough to meet, as are three. So...who knows...

#6 2010-08-10 20:48:22

The meeting was not held last week due to National Night Out.

Jane is out of town.

I know Cara has out of town company this week staying at her house so I am guessing she planned to spend time with them, we haven't seen her husband in days and he is usually good about delivering veggies every other day or so.

It is entirely possible that Steve wasn't feeling well, he has had health issues. I would say there is probably a legitumate reason the meeting was cancelled at the last minute. Maybe we should just ask.

#7 2010-08-11 06:52:35

THE FACT AS YOU SAY JANE IS STILL OUT OF TOWN,THEREFORE THERE IS NO MEETING , THIS IS THE 3 RD  TIME SINCE SHE HAS BEEN CHAIMEN AND SHE HAS BEEN OUT OF TOWN THAT THERE HAS BEEN NO MEETING. ARE THE OTHER SELECTMEN STUPID OR THE TRUE FACT SHE DOES NOT TRUST THEM WHEN SHE IS GONE  TO DO THINGS HER WAY.

#8 2010-08-11 19:58:50

GWB

One other thing you might want to consider is that the gatmen had a playoff game at Spillane last night. I went by around 8:30 and the lots at Town Hall, The Library and the middle school were packed. A Selectmen's meeting may have still been do-able but parking would have been a nightmare. Can't help but think that may have entered into the decision of the last minute cancellation. I can recall that happening at least once before.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com