#1 2010-07-31 16:31:37

We have been recently told that only seven people now serve on more than two boards, committee or commission.

According to the tacky tabloid writer, "There are currently nearly 60 openings on town boards and committees. Seven individuals - Nancy Miller, Jim Newman, Ed Pacewicz, Dave Smith, Sandy Slavin, Alan Slavin and Angela Dunham – would be directly affected by the proposed change in policy."

And according to Star Reporter, Brucie in same tabloid, "Only seven people in town serve on more than two boards right now. Not a single one of these people (Nancy Miller, Jim Newman, Ed Pacewicz, Dave Smith, Sandy Slavin, Alan Slavin, Angela Dunham) have ever been accused of engaging in a conflict of interest."

Well, right off the bat I knew that plenty of people serve on two already.

For example, I know for a fact that two library trustees, Leie Carmody and John Houton both serve on the Charter Review Committee as well.

And library trustee Martha Strachan also serves on the COA board of directors.

Here are a few more according to the town's site. I can't attest to the absolute accuracy of the site, but here are a few more.

Mac Phinney--Historical Commission and Tremont Nail Master Plan Committee
Robin Ragle-Davis--Historical District Commission and Historical Commission
Kate Furler--Capital Planning and Library Trustee
Donald Hall--Open Space Committee and Housing Authority

I'm not taking sides on the issue here or stating an opinion.

Last edited by Nora Bicki (2010-07-31 17:06:31)

#2 2010-07-31 16:57:51

If the town would like  people to volunteer it would be a lot easier if the town would update the boards and commissions part of the web site. On the COA board they still have Mary Mackey listed, Boucher is now the chairman not Jim Eubanks and  Liz and Slavin are not listed as members. It’s kind of hard to volunteer if you don’t know how many people each board needs.

#3 2010-07-31 17:04:28

And just to clarify. I know that Walter's motion was that you can serve on no more than two committees and those listed above are just on two. But they would be affected in that they would not be eligible to serve on any other committees if the motion had passed.

#4 2010-07-31 17:57:27

Funny how things change according to what suits the Sweet Brucey/Rag Man agenda. Back in April weren't they signing themselves praises for relatively few openings on boards and committees. Did Sweet Brucey not say at OPL that is wasn't if he was going to a meeting at night it was which one? Do these people think the rest of us are stupid?

Leie Carmody, is this the same woman who together with the Monohan's had a t-shirt campaign against the library at Town Meeting? Whatever happened to the Monohan's?

Martha Strachan, is also a volunteer for the Safe Summer 2010 pier program? She has been seen spending a great deal of time there!

Kate Furler, Kate "only I can do it right" who has indocrinated herself the Queen of running libraries inefficiently.

Listed above are the three reasons I support the proposal, each of these individuals has (and in Kate's case it continues on Bobo's site) demonstrated to me that they need to tear down the town and rebuild it to suit themselves. That is my opinion. Leie with the t-shirts and then Community Arts in Action, which by the way they said was supposed to be better then the Friends, see what happens when you alienate people?

Martha continues to show up where ever needed to support the agenda of the former BOS, it is nice that she is so loyal, but unfortunate that the cause is so negative.

Kate, Kate Kate Kate. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all be as pefect as Kate thinks she is? I actually enjoy reading Kate's posts on Bobo's site. Kate and I are at the same point in life, grandkids, free time, pursuing hobbies and other ventures deemed worthwhile. I just am no where near as perfect as she is, as Bobo has accurately pointed out I am a sangria junky. But Kate brought us the "new" volunteer at the library. You know the ones who yell at the staff and patrons? Thanks Kate!

#5 2010-07-31 18:36:55

WHILE WE ARE AT IT DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE LIBRARY COMMITEE , HAVEING PEOPLE LIKE LEIS CARMODY ON THE BOARD OF LIBRARY TRUSTEES TO ME IS TO KEEP THE LIBRARY IN THE TOILET , SHE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE LIBRARY,RETURN TO THE OLD WAYWE APPOINTED LIBRARY TRUSTEES , OR MAYBE HAVE 12 TRUSTEES ,APOINT 6 AND ELECT 6 , TAKE THE POLITICS OUT OF THE LIBRARY ,SO WHILE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 2 TRUSTEES , TAKE UP THE PLIGHT  OF THE LIBRARY AND THERE TRUSTEE SISUATION,COME UP WITH A PLAN ,THE CURRENT TRUSTEES LIKE CARMODY ARE JUST SCREWING THE LIBRARY.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com