#1 2010-07-12 07:50:09

I heard Bobo has a huge article about the IG’s office finding corruption in the Wareham fire district. His headline is “Breaking News”

Bobo we had “Breaking News” last week when our interim library director Marcia Griswold was fired from her library director for FALSIFYING documents. If this had been any other town employee you would have been all over this story. You would have been outraged that she was allowed to keep any town job.

Bobo do you only print selective articles when it comes to any unethical or criminal activity in town. You print a huge headline about the water department but not a word about Marcia being fired as library director. What kind of journalist are you, oh that’s right you aren’t really a journalist you’re a wanna be writer.

#2 2010-07-12 07:57:57

According to the Bagel Muncher Gazette, a fire district employee got some free fill.

Hey, fire district employee!  Don't worry, here's what you do - Change your name to "Cronie" and Bobo will drop this story like a hot potato!

#3 2010-07-12 08:28:41

Maybe Cronie is the one that had the dirt removed for the party...

#4 2010-07-12 21:40:59

YEAH BOBO PUT IN CRONIN'S NAME AND IT IS BASICALLY HIS STORY BUT YOU SAID WHAT CRONIN DID WAS NO BIG DEAL AND YOU HAD NO PROBLEM WITH IT. HYPOCRITE!

#5 2010-07-13 07:14:59

WHY IS IT A BIG DEAL IF DIRT WAS STOLEN FROM THE FIRE DEPT SLAGER AND IT WAS NO BIG DEAL WHEN CRONIN STOLE DIRT AND HE WAS SIGHTED BY THE FEDS  FOR DOING  SO AND YOU SAID IT WAS NO BIG DEAL , SLAGER EQUALS LIAR  AND ASSHOLE.

#6 2010-07-13 07:46:49

AND YET SLAGER COMPLAINED WHEN CRONIN WAS NOT PUT ON THE PLANNING BOARD  INDTEAD OF BOB BRADEY,    CRONIN CAN STAL DIRT AND SOMEONE FRON THE WATER DEPT DOES THEN ITS A BIG CRIME , SLAGER YOU ARE A WASHED UP NUT CASE.

#7 2010-07-13 17:17:53

Ham of Peace here.

Peace bloggers, I find myself at a total loss as to how to react to this fire district story.

Bobo is foaming at the mouth, doing 5 part series reports like it's Watergate.

Hearing that fire district employees partook of landscaping materials makes me think negatively of them.

But then again, when Cronie partook of landscaping materials...Bobo made it out that anyone who thought negatively of him because of it was a vile cold hearted power elite bastard.

Oh, what to do, what to do?  Either way I think on this one I will offend the President, Vice President, Secretary General and Caterer of Ragserver Multi-Mega Media.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-13 17:22:08)

#8 2010-07-13 17:20:07

Oh wait I know, to appease the bagel chewer, we should think negatively of them now, but then change our minds if any of them later run for selectman and tow the Hypocrite Elite line.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-13 17:21:01)

#9 2010-07-13 17:27:49

Bagel Muncher wrote:

That fill did not belong to the foreman. It didn’t even belong to the Wareham Fire District. It belonged to the people of Wareham

Didn't the loam, hydroseeding, grading, and workers' work belong to Otis Air Force base and not your buddy?

#10 2010-07-13 17:28:24

Corruption in a district overseen by the Cat Lady?  The hell you say...

#11 2010-07-13 17:50:08

I am Hamatron5000.

#12 2010-07-13 19:10:41

WOW!  Major corruption!  How scandalous!  The IG actually spent a full year chasing down the theft of $400.00 worth of landfill?  Now we should get the police, DA and ethics commission involved?  What will be the total cost to taxpayers for this MAJOR investigation?  Employees should not steal.  Reprimand them, make them pay for what was taken, or just fire them.  What we don't need is another expensive witch hunt.

#13 2010-07-13 19:35:52

It was WASTE that we would have paid to dispose of. Is that correct?

#14 2010-07-13 23:24:01

CRONIN DID IT AND IT WAS FINE WITH BOBO. FINE WITH ME

#15 2010-07-14 07:19:16

Hey Bobo!  I found evidence of more corruption from an ex-town official!  Please feel free to report it in your paper!  You could have but haven't in the 5 years you've been covering your friends' asses...oopps I mean covering Wareham.

OTIS AIR FORCE INSPECTOR CHARGED WITH TAKING GRATUITIES, U.S. ATTORNEY ANNOUNCES
Article from:PR Newswire Article date:May 1, 1995

BOSTON, May 1 /PRNewswire/ -- A field inspector at Otis Air National Guard Base has been indicted for receiving illegal gratuities from a defense contractor in connection with his oversight of a $5 million government contract.

United States Attorney Donald K. Stern said that JOHN P. CRONAN, 36, 207 Charge Pond Road, Wareham, MA, was charged by a federal grand jury with unlawfully receiving approximately $3,800 in goods and services from the American Testing and Engineering Corporation ("ATEC Associates, Inc."), which was performing a Department of Defense contract at Otis Air Base to upgrade the fuel storage and distribution facilities. The indictment alleges that CRONAN, who was employed as a field inspector pursuant to a state service contract, had the specific responsibility to oversee and inspect the work performed by ATEC on the federal contract. In May and July, 1993, it is alleged that CRONAN, while serving as a public official, received from employees of ATEC things of value for his personal residence, namely five to seven truck loads of loam, two truck loads of wood chips, and hydro-seeding and grading of his property.

If convicted of this charge, CRONAN faces a maximum punishment of two years imprisonment and a fine of $250,000. The case was investigated by special agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Office of Special Investigations of the U.S. Air Force, and will be prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney S. Theodore Merritt of the Public Corruption and Special Prosecutions Unit.

#16 2010-07-14 07:22:27

Bobo is fighting this huge war on corruption all by himself. Aren’t we glad that he is saving Wareham from all these people that are stealing our old asphalt? We should all pitch in and look in our neighbor’s back yards to make sure they are not hiding old asphalt and report any findings to Bobo. I guess using grading equipment and reseeding your lawn doesn’t count as corruption.

I’m sure the next huge corruption scandal will be when he calls the IGS office to report Myles Burke using town equipment to help him move.

Bobo although you have talked to the TA about Marcia and I hope during your interview you noticed how CAREFULLY Andrews choice his words. Bobo why don’t you do some investigative reporting and call the library certification people. You could ask them if they found any irregularities in the numbers or the documents they were given to get the library recertified. You know maybe investigate like a real reporter. This is an easy one for you it’s a phone call which seems to be your favorite kind of reporting... Like when you called Brenda over the weekend to tell her about the HUGE scandal of the missing asphalt.

I'm waiting for Bobo to explain what the difference is between what Cronin did and what IG's report said about the fire district employee. Both were caught stealing.

#17 2010-07-14 20:15:18

I read the Wareham Week story on line.

I was sent the troll's story.

The biggest difference is that the Chief of Police does NOT believe he should attempt to prosecute this issue. He believes it is up to the Water/Fire District to determine if they wish to prosecute.

I am fascinated by someone who has the ability to conduct an investigation given to him by the IG, which one would assume was an important matter, by e-mail.

Imagine the money that could be saved if you didn't have to send cops out on the street to investigate crime. Just have the cops e-mail the alleged suspects and hope they respond to the e-mail.

If not...wait until some reporter calls and asks why no-one investigated. Then you can tell the alleged reporter that you DID investigate...you sent an e-mail.

When did you say they were going to call for a Civil Service Chief of Police exam?

For those who may be skeptical, think about changing the P.T. Chief's name with any detective on the job.

How safe would that detective's job be today?

When is the exam?

#18 2010-07-15 15:11:12

"Hi, FBI."
"Hi, yes, I'd like to report some suspicious activity I have seen from my neighbors. They are moving large quantities of diesel fuel and inflammable products from their house to their farm out east."
"Oh, gracious...do you have their e-mail address?"
"Yes, I do. Do you think that will help?"
"Oh, yes, we e-mail these types of suspects all of the time and ask them what they are up to...they always tell us the truth. Don't worry, I have th e-mail address now, I'll take care of this problem by Jiminy!!"
"Thank you so much."
"You are welcome. This is between you and me now...OK?"

#19 2010-07-15 15:40:34

Capt. C
No investigation is needed. The Water Board should handle their on issues. That is why they are elected and recieve compensation.

#20 2010-07-15 19:17:24

Once again you have been duped by the cowardly fabricator. If you want to know the truth simply call the Chief as I did, he backs Mr. Martin,s story.

We should all know better by now to believe what we read in his paper.

#21 2010-07-16 08:11:01

It's amazing how the troll writes a lengthly "investigative" story about the Wareham Water/Fire District, huge amounts of fill stolen from private property, employees mixed up in this theft ring of fill and soil..big cover up...yet...no criticism of how the investigation of these terrible crimes was conducted by e-mail...
It would be funny if it wasn't so...oh...you know the rest.

#22 2010-07-16 11:38:52

"Hi...is this the IG's Office?"
"Yes, sir."
"Good...listen, I am a full time/part time/ soon to be super Chief in Wareham, and you sent me this report about how some employees of the Wareham Water/Fire District stole some fill for their own personal use, and that their supervisor Ok'd it, and kind of chewed them out, but you say in your report that it should be investigated further by law enforcement, either by my Department, or some other investigative agency, right?"
"Yes, sir that is correct. What we did was....we left the door open for you to investigate the situation to see if there is a criminal charge here...either the employees, or their boss, or the Water/Fire Commissioners, or whomever. We think that there could be a criminal case here, but we are leaving it up to you to decide if you want to investigate it further. Of course, you risk the elected officials of the Wareham Fire/Water District say that they believe that they took care of it, and they are not interested in prosecuting. Then, you have to decide if you really have a criminal case, regardless of what the elected Commissioners say, and if you do...you make an arrest. I don't know of too many cases where someone has committed a crime and the person or entity they have committed the crime against has a say in the prosecution of the case. If it is criminal, it is criminal. Your call, Chief."
"OK, thanks."
"What are you going to do, Chief?"
"I'm gonna' send them an e-mail."

The above is fiction, and fully copyrighted by Dan O'Connell, 2010. Excerpts from the book: "I am a clown and make lots of money because I can bullshit people with my charm and personality...or, in short; "hire me, I need a job."
Thank you for your time.

When is the next Civil Service Chief of Police exam?

edited for spelling

Last edited by danoconnell (2010-07-16 11:39:51)

#23 2010-07-19 12:43:53

If the Chief of Police and his minions, including the little troll boy, think there has been a crime ARREST someone.
Jesus...how simple is this shit?

Get a NEW PERMANENT CIVIL SERVICE YOUNG CHIEF OF POLICE FULL TIME....God!

#24 2010-07-19 13:03:40

danoconnell wrote:

If the Chief of Police and his minions, including the little troll boy, think there has been a crime ARREST someone.
Jesus...how simple is this shit?

Get a NEW PERMANENT CIVIL SERVICE YOUNG CHIEF OF POLICE FULL TIME....God!

Dan, I spoke to God this morning and he told me he didn't want the Chief's job in Wareham.  In fact, he said he didn't like the political heat in Wareham.

#25 2010-07-21 12:45:40

Thanks for sending me the troll's new article and the former Chairman's feeble attempt at writing and assuming it is journalism, because the troll said so.

They are asking the wrong questions of the wrong people. The question is, to the Chief of Police (P.T.):
"Is there a crime here?"

If the answer is "yes", arrest someone.
If the answer is "no", ask why not.
If the answer is,"I am going to leave that up to the Water/Fire Commissioners to decide, along with the A.G.".
Then the answer is: call for a......

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com