#1 2010-07-08 18:18:45

Hold onto your hats, folks.

Ham of Peace has heard reports that Grizzie has been canned as library director.  Word has it that allegations of falsified documents related to the library's state certification have been made.

Those with more info, please confirm.  This is what the Ham of Peace has heard.

Will develop as more info comes available.  In the meantime, have a good laugh as a certain out of town cream cheese licker proclaims his buddies as the champions of the library.

Peace.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-08 18:23:47)

#2 2010-07-08 18:26:27

Well I would also say that any documents handed to the ig office by griswold are suspect. If she is capable of falsifying state documents what are documents has she falsified?

#3 2010-07-08 18:28:56

i heard the same thing she was canned as the library director of the library by andrews for falsifing documents  to the state on the last library certifaction, therefore wareham got its library certifaction  last year with falsified facts.

#4 2010-07-08 18:44:54

Cher had it covered decades ago.

"and the beat goes on...."

#5 2010-07-08 19:37:12

More Breaking News - Wareham Week is reporting that Nimmo has declined the Wareham Library offer.

Holy Shit, are we really going to have to go for library director search round three?

Can there be any doubt that the voters of Wareham made the right choice this April?

#6 2010-07-08 20:58:14

Not to mention (the late) Sonny Bono....

"and the beat goes on...."

#7 2010-07-09 06:55:19

If I heard correctly, the TA announced several weeks back that there were 18 applicants for the library director's position.  Are we to believe that ONLY one from Lawrence was best qualified ?  What about the 13 remaining applicants that didn't get an interview ?  I believe they were dismissed by the current board of Library Trustees.  Are NONE of them worth considering ?

#8 2010-07-09 07:12:28

i did not know that  the interview commitee did not interview  13 applicants  ,the fix was in for the lawrence  librian  and cara  said she was the best of the 3 she interviewd but bob is right if you did not 13 canditates  then how do we know she was the best canditate , stop playing politics with the library, here we go again with no head librian , we should have had say nora bickie on the interview commitee  and not the mouth breda who called her husband an idiot , well we know that brenda would not allow any body from the freinds to be on the  interview commitee  , and thats why we need an  election in april ,and only then will we get a good librian with all the politics taken out of it .

#9 2010-07-09 07:34:52

Ham of Peace here.

Seems to me that the best bargaining chip an employee has with an employer is a job offer from another town. 

After two years without a permanent library director, was the job just offered to a TA buddy just to help her with her current employer?

I suppose there's no way of proving that, but it's hard not to think it.

All I know is the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expect different results.  This search committee, made up roughly of the same individuals, has twice failed and failed miserably to bring the town a qualified library director. 

The first search resulted in a bar suspended lawyer.  The second search resulted in someone who decided to stay home.

Put on some Friends of the Library.  Put on someone from the library staff.  Put on people who actually know how to run a library and you'll get a qualified director.

#10 2010-07-09 09:23:15

ihateliz wrote:

i did not know that  the interview commitee did not interview  13 applicants  ,the fix was in for the lawrence  librian  and cara  said she was the best of the 3 she interviewd but bob is right if you did not 13 canditates  then how do we know she was the best canditate , stop playing politics with the library, here we go again with no head librian , we should have had say nora bickie on the interview commitee  and not the mouth breda who called her husband an idiot , well we know that brenda would not allow any body from the freinds to be on the  interview commitee  , and thats why we need an  election in april ,and only then will we get a good librian with all the politics taken out of it .

Yes and then we will be able to bring the library back to something that would make MJP and the rest of the community proud.

#11 2010-07-09 11:48:46

Think of who has been on the search committee.

A P. T. Chief of Police, a new TA that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground, and an arrogant, incompetent, unstable Selectman.

Maybe the new BOS should consider having people who know about Libraries on the next committee. Or perhaps drop the Chief and replace him with the Municipal Maintenance Director, or the Shellfish warden, or maybe a sewer plant worker. Drop the Selectman and replace her with the town drunk lying on the bench in Onset.

Get real...start conducting the Town business like a real business and stop being duped by a bunch of has- beens driven out of other Towns and Cities. Call for the Civil Service Police Chief exam right NOW, appoint people to committees that have expertise, and start acting like business people.

You now have a majority of business people on the BOS.

Time is running out to resolve some of these issues. Hard decisions must be made, and quickly.

I think it is time to take a broom to the whole damn bunch of incompetents that are so obvious that everyone knows they can't do their jobs.

Time for courage and action.

#12 2010-07-09 12:07:53

The search committee was just to make it look good. I'm sure Andrews had her in mind from early on. More than likely, as the reality of our recent "library history"..and the problems created by the former BoS were revealed to her..she became less enamored with the smoke being blown up her skirt by Mark "get a friend a job" Andrews. Nothing surprises me anymore. Two years without a library director is unacceptable..and how many different positions have had "interim" attached? What do they all have in common? The former BoS..Sweet Brucey and his pals created problems that'll take years to remedy..and we still have a few of his accomplices on the board who will continue their vendettas until they "win"..how much evidence do we need? They need to go.

TBW
P-SPAN

#13 2010-07-09 20:10:10

I can't believe that they can't just pick another candidate from all the applications they received maybe the TA has another Lawrence friend that he wants to get in so that is why they are going to have to readvertise the position. Maybe Miles girlfriend can apply since she wont have anything to do after the lifeguards are done.

#14 2010-07-10 08:55:45

It should come as no surprise that Marcia falsified documents at the library. She has a history of pulling numbers from the air to help make her point. Remember her presentation to the selectman when she was reporting on the stats of the seniors in town. She said there were about 9,000 seniors in town when there are only about 3400.  She also made the ridiculous statement that 75% of our seniors are living on or below the poverty level when the number is closer to 13%.

I don’t understand why the TA didn’t just fire her period. If she did something so wrong like falsifying documents why should she keep her job as COA director? I don’t understand the logic of that decision. Say for example if a director is caught stealing money from one department and is fired from that job. Does that mean the same person should be able to keep their job as director of a different town department? Whatever the grounds were for firing her from the library should be the same grounds for firing her completely.

I think the TA should DEFINETLY look into her records for the COA especially when it comes to following the guidelines of the grants Ceda got for the COA. This would include the Gatra grant and the Wellness Grant. Ceda wrote both grants although Marcia does try to claim that she was responsible for writing and getting the Wellness grant.

Last edited by marny (2010-07-10 11:07:22)

#15 2010-07-12 14:48:43

IN THE OBSERVER BOBO QUOTES ANDREWS  THAT GRIZZIE DID NOT FABRICATE LIBRARY RECORDS TO THE STATE  , I SAY BOBO IS A FABRICATOR OF STORIES. BUT YOU WILL NOTICE THAT BOBO SAYS THAT  MARCIA  HAS BEEN DOING THIS FOR SOME TIME AND THAT ANDREWS MIBHT BE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO BE IN CAHRGE OF THE LIBRARY., APRIL CANT COME SOON ENOUGH FOR ME.

#16 2010-07-12 21:43:33

BOBO YOUR QUOTATIONS MEAN NOTHING! NO ONE BELIEVES YOU! WE KNOW THE REAL STORY

#17 2010-07-12 21:56:48

Ahhh, I see Bobo and Mr. TA have set their washing machine on spin cycle!  The spin is in and it's "Oh poor tired Grizzie!  We can't have her work two jobs anymore!"

Pardon me...:::cough cough::: bullshit! :::cough cough

Sorry, had a tickle in my throat.

There's a glaring omission in that story.

Notice that Mr. TA and the Cream Cheese Chewer do not deny that allegations of document falsification were made.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-12 22:02:04)

#18 2010-07-13 06:40:27

In normal places things like this get people fired. Fraud is fraud is fraud is fraud and it is illegal. In fact, it is so bad that people lose their retirement over it. Talk about sweeping it under the rug! This begs the question, has anyone figured out what account they paid Miles girlfriend out of? The lifeguard money wasn't appropriated until 7/1 if I remember correctly, how is it that she got two paychecks prior?

#19 2010-07-13 07:18:58

I AM SURE BRENDA AND JANE CALLED ANDREWS AND SAID HUSH UP THE GRIZZIE SCANDEL , SHE WAS COUGHT FALSIFING INFO TO THE STATE TO GET LIBRARY CERTIFICATION AND THAT IS A FACT .  CARA AND STEVE SHOULD BRING THIS UP AT TONITES MEETING.

#20 2010-07-13 07:24:53

It is unfortunate that the TA appears to be sweeping this under the rug.  If he won't act on this, then the information should be provided to authorities that will.

#21 2010-07-14 07:15:24

BREAKING NEWS: TOWN ADMINISTRATOR LOOKING INTO BACK DATED INVOICES ACCORDING TO WAREHAM WEEK!

Wareham Week wrote:

Meeting Tuesday afternoon, the library trustees and members of the Friends of the Wareham Free Library were told by Town Account Elizabeth Zaleski that Andrews was investigating complaints that some recent invoices at the library had been improperly backdated.

Wait, didn't the TA that Mattapoisett didn't want and the reporter that no real newspaper wants just tell us that Grizzie didn't do anything?  That rumors of document falsification were unfounded?  In the Bobo Gazette, he said the rumors were unfounded, but how are they unfounded when Bizzy confirms that the TA is looking into the allegations?

April 2011 can't come soon enough.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-14 07:30:20)

#22 2010-07-14 07:24:46

Let's see...an investigation into allegations of backdated invoices by Grizzie begins and then suddenly Grizzie is no longer library director.

Hey, they can call it "removal due to overtiredness of working 2 jobs" if they want, but they must think the people of Wareham are as stupid as they are.

#23 2010-07-14 08:28:41

THATS EXACTLY WHAT THIS BLOG WAS REPORTING THAT SHE FALSIFIED DOCUMENTS TO MAINTAIN THE LIBRARYS CERTIFICATION. OH BOBO WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO LIE WHEN THERE IS A REAL NEWSPAPER IN TOWN

#24 2010-07-14 08:36:48

Meeting Tuesday afternoon, the library trustees and members of the Friends of the Wareham Free Library were told by Town Account Elizabeth Zaleski that Andrews was investigating complaints that some recent invoices at the library had been improperly backdated.

THIS IS FROM WAREHAM WEEK ABOVE

Town Administrator Mark Andrews strongly denounced internet rumors that acting library director Marcia Griswold has been fired from her position for allegedly falsifying documents.
    “I am the person responsible for hiring and firing town employees, and I can tell you that this rumor is absolutely unfounded,” he said. “I am frustrated at even having to respond to such claims. It’s ridiculous. It’s absolutely not true.”

THIS IS FROM BOBO'S NEWSPAPER

ALSO WORTH NOTING THAT BOBO MUST HAVE STEPPED OUT TO EAT A BAGEL ON TUESDAY NIGHT WHEN BIZ CONFIRMED AN INVESTIGATION WAS TAKING PLACE BECAUSE BOBO FAILED TO MENTION IT IN HIS ARTICLE ABOUT MRS MEDEIROS ACCEPTING THE LIBRARY DIRECTORS JOB. HE THEN BURIED HIS MARICIA GRISWOLD ARTICLE WAY DOWN INTO HIS PAPER. OH BOBO THESE ARE COLD HARD FACTS THAT YOUR ARE A LOSER AND A LIAR

#25 2010-07-14 08:46:57

I think the whistleblowers who reported this information are commendable because they tried first to bring this to the town's attention.  Unfortunately, given quotes made by the TA in the Cream Cheese Tribune, it appears he has no interest in giving this matter any serious attention. 

How can any investigation be credible when the investigator is publicly saying the claims are unfounded before the investigation even takes place?

It's time for the whistleblowers to go above the town and report this to authorities that will actually do something.

#26 2010-07-14 08:51:38

IHATESLAGER wrote:

Town Administrator Mark Andrews strongly denounced internet rumors that acting library director Marcia Griswold has been fired from her position for allegedly falsifying documents.

Robert Slager prints the lies he's told to print, to the extent he, Brenda, Jane, and Andrews decide among themselves how to cover for the lies they told the previous week.

Where the fuck are Cruz, Holmes and Winslow?

#27 2010-07-14 10:28:20

Bill W...another reticent guy...

#28 2010-07-14 19:11:14

Just read the latest "update" - let me summarize it for you:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ozRhlL3A0Ns/SeYDSOc5ghI/AAAAAAAAAZg/OHhiy4q49e4/s200/sweep+under+rug.jpg

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-15 07:00:41)

#29 2010-07-15 07:03:53

In case you're having trouble keeping up with the spin -

On Monday, there were no allegations.  How ridiculous that the TA even had to address such a silly rumor!

On Tuesday, Biz confirms the TA is looking into allegations.

On Wednesday, ok there are allegations and the TA is looking into them, but they're unfounded.  The TA knows they're unfounded before even investigating, and somehow that's supposed to be a credible investigation.

Hopefully authorities who will actually do something will begin looking into this.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-07-15 07:05:36)

#30 2010-07-15 11:15:06

OH MY HEAD. STOP THE SPINNING. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE.

#31 2010-07-15 11:49:47

*NEWSFLASH* Bobo is a peckerhead...we now resume our regular programming.

TBW
P-SPAN

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com