#1 2010-07-11 18:28:56

Retired in the Spring, a new dude by summer. How can that be? Isn't two (2) +/- years the norm? No mention of disbarred attorneys. Not hiring an emigree from the Merrimack Valley. And, the acting director is a member of the Walpole library staff. Go figure! pretty radical stuff, if you ask me.

Walpole
NEW LIBRARY DIRECTOR — Sal Genovese, director of the Marlborough Public Library, has been chosen to replace longtime library director Jerry Romelczyk, who retired in the spring after 23 years. Genovese will take up his new post Monday, said acting director Norma Jean Cauldwell, who will go back to doing what she likes best: being the library’s director of adult services. — Joan Wilder

#2 2010-07-11 18:49:09

I have heard rumors that Walpole is full of library lobbyists. That may explain it.

#3 2010-07-11 19:28:02

damn... those library lobbyists are everywhere

#4 2010-07-12 07:50:36

That can't be possible I thought the norm for library director hiring was 2 to 5 years.  You mean this town didn't first hire a bar suspended lawyer and then go back to the drawing board with a second search only to hire a TA buddy that didn't even want the job?  What kind of crazy power elite bastards have they got running the show up in Walpole?  Someone call them and tell them they need to take 10 years to find a library director, they're making us look bad.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com