#1 2010-07-05 19:32:48

Hello fellow bloggers I just got back from spending the long holiday weekend in Falmouth. It was wall to wall people everyplace was packed Main Street and all the shops, the beaches and all the restaurants. When we went out we could always find a parking space.  There were plenty of shops to visit and benches perfectly spaced in case you got tired.  You could hear the cash registers ringing CHA-CHING. I talked to a couple of store owners and they said they were having a great summer.

Falmouth only has about 12,000 more residents then Wareham. Wareham has 46 square miles Falmouth has 54. I’m not a 100% sure but I it seems to me we have more ocean access. So what is Wareham doing wrong? Why are tourist passing Wareham and going to Falmouth? If we had half the tourist Falmouth does we would be in great shape.

I don’t know how we can attract more tourists. I think Steve is on the right track by having parking lots were people can them hop the bus to the beach and not have to ride around forever trying to find a parking space. Maybe when someone builds one or two hotels and the train starts running things will get better.

I had a great time in Falmouth. I wish Wareham and Onset could get it together. Maybe when we get our PART TIME SHARED town planner, he or she could come up with a master plan for Wareham and Onset.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com