#1 2010-06-22 19:38:59

Ham of Peace here.

What a BOS meeting this evening!

Resident Tom Bicki came before the board on citizen's participation tonight.  He told the board that he checked video of when he came before the board last week and discovered that the mic on the video caught Brenda calling him an idiot.

Bicki says the video is on youtube of Brenda calling him an idiot (can somebody post it up on here?)

Bicki was respectful and asked for an apology for being called an idiot.  Instead of apologizing, Brenda and Jane went berserk.

Brenda started letting Bicki have it left and right, and Jane repeatedly tried to silence Bicki and get him to stop talking. Brenda called him an idiot again!!!

What an absolute disgrace.  A citizen comes before the board last week and is called an idiot.  Tonight he comes before the board to ask for an apology and is instead verbally attacked even more.

That just isn't right.  Brenda and Jane should resign immediately.  And they're the two that want to "Move Wareham Forward?"  How?  By calling people idiots?

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-22 19:41:37)

#2 2010-06-22 19:41:49

And the beat goes on...............

Mr. Bicki, are you also, to quote Brenda at town meeting...."one of those assholes that comes out only every five years"?  Not funny, really, but she doesn't care what she says or does.

Last edited by Beach Plum (2010-06-22 19:44:17)

#3 2010-06-22 20:09:17

and no selectmen spoke up for  tom bickie, for being called an idiot by  brocton brenda, what has become of this town

#4 2010-06-22 20:15:19

dr bickie should sue her, brenda is a disgrce to this town.

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-06-22 20:19:51)

#5 2010-06-22 20:22:44

Sometimes living in Wareham feels like living in the Twilight Zone.  It's astounding that a citizen comes to speak his mind last week and is called an idiot from a sitting member of the board of selectmen, right from the selectmen's meeting table.

It's doubly astounding that when this citizen came back this evening just to ask for an apology, he is attacked even more.

Not right at all, and it's an embarrassment for Wareham.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-22 20:23:03)

#6 2010-06-22 20:42:42

Go to the P-SPAN Blog, Selectmen's Meeting 6/15/10, Part 1, when the video gets to 6:39, Brenda can be heard saying, "He's an idiot."

That's a disgraceful display, completely unprofessional and inappropriate for a member of the board of selectmen to say such a thing. 

And then, instead of offering an apology when called on it, she calls the guy an idiot again?  Sorry, but Wareham deserves better leadership than that.

#7 2010-06-22 20:55:03

post removed..remixed clip below...

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-06-23 16:53:58)

#8 2010-06-22 21:10:35

A TALE OF 2 DOCTORS  BRENDA SAYS DR BICKI YOUR AN IDIOT, BRENDA SAYS DR JONES , OH DR  JONES , DR JONES CAN I HOLD YOUR  HAND, HOW PATHTIC.

#9 2010-06-22 21:13:18

LETS SEE CARA PILLSBURY  GOES BEFORE THE BOARD AND IS INSULTED , DR BICKI GOES BEFORE THE BOARD AND IS  AGAIN INSULTED BY BROCTON BRENDA. BRENDA  YOU ARE  NO DIPLOMAT AND NEXT APRIL  YOURE OUT OF A JOB.

#10 2010-06-22 21:56:50

Don't hold your breathe for the "Mature and Responsible Debate Society" aka "Move Wareham Backward" to get involved.

#11 2010-06-22 22:23:19

Hairballs, did I hear right? Brenda wants to send hairballs to the gulf?

#12 2010-06-22 23:06:41

It's my one year anniversary (since my first post on here)!!

Do you know who I am?

Brockton Brenda's "idiotic" comments are par for the course..would any of you expect anything less? No surprise she acts just like Sweet Brucey..here's what he had to say about her on Sunday's HatChat..."she is my best friend on the board and i'd trust her with my life"

Awww..ain't that "sweet" of Sweet Brucey.. Two peas in a pod..I bet Bobo's jealous.

#13 2010-06-23 00:23:02

Guess who's paying for Brenda's behavior..and lawyer??

Peter Montgomery (the town's indemnity insurance lawyer) is listed as the lawyer of record for the suit against Brenda's outburst about Cara Pillsbury's husband "screwing around" on her.

"Is that the woman who's husband's screwing around on her?" - Brockton Brenda Eckstrom

TBW
P-SPAN

#14 2010-06-23 06:48:18

it sounded like DR BICKI MIGHT SUE IF BRENDA  DID NOT APOLIGIZE WILL THE TOWN PAY FOR THAT LAWSUIT, I THINK THE REST OF THE BOARD SHOULD MAKE HER PAY  HER OWN LAW FEES. BRENDA AND JANE ARE MAJOR DISGACES  TO THE TOWN OF WAREHAM.

#15 2010-06-23 07:32:57

When will we be able to see the lawyer bills for defending Brenda and Bruce?

#16 2010-06-23 09:18:04

Ham of Peace here. 

On the thread for the BOS agenda 6/22/10 P-SPAN put the video of last night's meeting.  Be sure to watch it.  As you can see from last week's meeting and this week's meeting, Bicki did nothing to deserve the treatment he received.  Check the video.  The video never lies.  Bobo, on the other hand...

Bobo A. Clown is already snapping to attention, his usual cries of power elite conspiracies, etc. defending Brenda's boorish behavior.  No surprise there, Bobo is a lackey's lackey.  (Hey Bobo, reading your column, it looks like your pledge to ignore the bloggers is going about as well as your pledges to lose weight, pay your state filing fees, and to start a new Wareham office within a year).

Bill, Brenda pitched a program the other night about people donating their hair to be stuffed into pantyhose so that it can collect BP oil (sounds like a fun Saturday night!)  Not a bad thing until she volunteered the selectmen's office to take the calls for hair donations.  Not sure the taxpayers need to be paying town employees to collect hair.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-23 09:19:34)

#17 2010-06-23 15:42:23

The sad part about last night is that when presented with the chance to prevent a potential lawsuit against the town by offering an apology, Brenda rejected that chance, refused to give an apology, and insulted the citizen again, giving him an even stronger potential case.

A "leader" who puts her ego above the town's welfare is no leader at all.

#18 2010-06-23 16:31:15

Hamatron5000 wrote:

A "leader" who puts her ego above the town's welfare is no leader at all.

Brockton Brenda is a show-off who over estimates her importance.  In April she'll find out her true worth.  Then she can spend her Sunday nights commiserating with the rest of the tin head losers.

#20 2010-06-23 21:38:18

I spent most of the day wondering how the other three selectmen could sit silently while this went on, I find myself disappointed in them as much as Brenda and Jane who is the Chair and should have shut Brenda up.

When I write the words though it is the sole responsibility of the Chairman to control the meeting and Brenda to control her mouth.

What happened made each of them look bad, whether that is right, wrong or indifferent, that is how it appears.

A public apology on behalf of the entire Board is due to Dr. Bicki and the COMMUNITY. Let's not let our selectmen forget that they represent the community. The actions of one are reflected upon them as a whole and they are the collective face of the community. They cannot seperate themselves from their collective role as a BOARD.

By public apology I mean on Tuesday Night Live, not a rag apology!

#21 2010-06-24 08:13:23

i agree with zoo , i think one of the three  other selectmen should have spoken up and saw that an apolgy was ofered dr bickey, stop letting jane and brenda make fools of the board and letting these 2 berate dr bickey , an apolgy is  due next week from jane and brenda and if they dont give it then we know they have no  class and another law suit will be coming the way of the selectmen, we the tax payers dont want our tax dollars wasted.

#22 2010-06-24 10:02:48

At least Brenda didn't try to insult the intelligence of the people of Wareham for a second time and say she accidentally mistook Bicki for someone else she thought was an idiot.

As a Ham of Peace, I have to say I agree - when Janey asked if anyone wanted to hear Bicki finish the rest of his statement, one of the other selectmen should have spoken up.  Someone should have demanded an apology from Brenda.

But I don't want to be too critical because it's easy for me to play armchair quarterback.  I can understand how perhaps they wanted to avoid confrontation - it was obvious that Brenda and Janey had worked themselves up into a lather and they would have flipped their lids if anyone said anything.  Perhaps they wanted to avoid such a public spectacle.

Even so, now that things have calmed down a bit, I think it would be proper for the board to call on Brenda to apologize.

All I know is the situation as it was left on Tuesday night- that a citizen came one week and was called an idiot, then came another week to ask for an apology and was called an idiot again, that the chairman made it out like he was in the wrong for asking for an apology when a sitting selectman insulted him - that's a situation that I personally don't think the board should allow to stand.

#23 2010-06-24 11:16:32

I am Hamatron5000.

#24 2010-06-24 12:50:21

I don't necessarily agree that the other Selectpersons staying quiet was a bad thing.  If I were in that situation, I would have thought that since Brenda and Jane were digging a hole for themselves anyways, why not just sit back and see how deep they will dig it?  I am sure that their remarks did not go unnoticed by the people of the town.

#25 2010-06-24 14:29:30

WantToSeeChange wrote:

I don't necessarily agree that the other Selectpersons staying quiet was a bad thing.  If I were in that situation, I would have thought that since Brenda and Jane were digging a hole for themselves anyways, why not just sit back and see how deep they will dig it?  I am sure that their remarks did not go unnoticed by the people of the town.

I agree.  While it would have been nice to hear the "rest of the story" from Mr. Bicki, sometimes it is better to keep quiet and let someone make a fool of themselves.  Brenda and Jane are fools and proved it to anyone with any doubt.

I was in a situation much worse than this and I was in such shock, I couldn't speak.   Hours later, the full effect of what happened hit me.  For whatever reason the entire remaining board members and TA stayed quiet is anyone's  guess, but I'm sure it isn't over.   I'm still shocked more about Jane dismissing Mr. Bicki, you expect what came from Brenda's mouth.

#26 2010-06-24 17:31:10

While watching Brenda and Jane "dig their own grave" is always entertaining. I have to say, I felt like Steve, Cara and Walter should have said something..anything.

If citizens aren't allowed to voice whatever it is they "take issue with" during citizens participation, then when exactly are they? Sure they could contact someone away from the cameras..but really, do you think any of us would ever hear about these things? NO! When Jane asked the BoS if they'd "allow" Dr. Bicki to finish..they should have said yes (IMO)...Hell, I was yelling at my T.V. "SAY SOMETHING!!" But nothing was said. These people are put there by the citizens so they won't shy away from things like this...Not to "play ball" with the people who have screwed up our town...one "SPANS" opinion.

and another thing..The CRC fielded suggestions for changes to the Charter (almost exclusively from Jane and Brenda)..the Charter states they (CRC) are supposed to present suggestions at the first TM of any year ending in "0"...and that's it.. So, because they went down the wrong road from the beginning, we now are looking at what? Wholesale changes to our charter? Suggested by the those who supported scrapping the whole thing (the CRC AND Brenda and Jane)?? There must have been at least ten to fifteen suggested changes on Tuesday night..and that's on one night, from JUST the BoS. What are we looking at come Fall TM..50 changes to consider?? Doesn't anyone else get sick of our town fixing, or "making the best out of" screwed up situations created by former (and a few current) BoS members?

TBW
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-06-24 17:36:24)

#27 2010-06-25 02:37:38

Steve, Cara, Walter.................What are you guys thinking ?????

Are you guys just sitting on your hands ????

Go after the maniacs, quit screwing around, you have had enough time to find your way around !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 2010-06-25 06:45:45

I AGREE WITH YOU QUAHOG, STEVE  CARA AND WALTER HAVE GOT TO START SPEAKING UP ,I LIKE THEM AND VOTED FOR SOME OF THEM , JANE AND BRENDA ARE STILL MAKEING A LAUGHING STOCK OF WAREHAM, THEY NEED TO GO AFTER THEM WHEN THEY ARE WRONG ,WHEN THESE 2 START INSULTING ARE CITZENS THAT IS THE FINAL STRAW, . PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO SPEAK AT CITZENS PARTICIPATION .

#29 2010-06-25 08:50:44

Ham of Peace here.

As I said earlier, I hate to be too critical because its easy to be an armchair quarterback, and I can see both sides.  Maybe they should have spoken up, but maybe they were also wise to sit back and let Brenda and Janey "dig themselves a hole" with their mouths and upset the voters, as others have put it. Maybe they just wanted to avoid a public confrontation with an angry Brockton Brenda.

What I do know is this.  Janey and Brenda, as all good Hypocrite Elitists do, like to push boundaries.  They push, and if they get away with it, they push a little more.  I think sooner or later, they will push to the point where they do something that the others will have to say something.

Wareham voted to abandon the ways of the Hypocrite Elite.  Had four selectmen been up for re-election in April, Brenda and Janey wouldn't be in office right now.  The new selectmen have an overwhelming majority of voters behind them - while the people have abandoned the Hypocrite Elite en masse.  So hopefully when they see Hypocrite Elite Hijinx are afoot, they won't be afraid to go after it, knowing that the voters are behind them and have rejected the bad guys.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-25 09:02:38)

#30 2010-06-25 10:47:51

There is no excuse for an incumbent Selectman to sit on a Board and listen to a citizen being insulted by ANY other member of the BOS. 

Either say something then ( in fact, do say something then. Like "I am sorry for the way you have been treated today Dr. Biki...I for one will not tolerate a citizen being insulted by another member of this Board.")
Then, after the meeting, go see the Selectman involved and let that person know that if they do it again, you will rip their ass off in front of the TV cameras, God and everybody.

Don't put up with punks. You have been elected to represent the people, not the Chairman and an out of control has been.

Step up and become a leader. One of you. You decide who will emerge as someone that can lead the Board of Selectmen into the future.

Cruz...seems to be getting his voice. Probably because he has support from other members.

Steve Holmes: a businessman that should  know the difference between being stroked by poiltcal hacks and competent administrators. Don't look at it as a politcal entitiy, look at it like business. In business, there are no entitlements. If you have an incompetent manager or supervisor, you FIRE them.

Cara Winslow, as I have stated before, cannot be bullshitted by these people becase she has worked with too many of their type during her career. She doesn't step in dog shit and then call a committee together to investigate what it is.

You have the mandate of the voters. Take advantgae of it now, because it won't last long unless you constantly are reminded of where you came from.

Hopefully, a leader will  emerge, so when the two remainig members of the BOS are replaced next year(yes..they will be), the new BOS will be united in a vision for the future of Wareham and work together, along with the people of Wareham, to make Wareham what it shoud be and always has been: a paradise.

Be patient with your new members, but I agree with Quohog....don't be too patient.

I think the gauntlet has been thrown down...let see what happens with it.

#31 2010-06-25 20:29:53

DAN I AGREE WITH YOU 100% WAREHAM NEEDS NEW LEADERS TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE , AND JANE AND BRENDA WILL BE GONE IN APRIL.

#32 2010-06-26 11:59:58

Dan you’re the best. No citizen of Wareham should be subjected to ridicule when they step up to say something during citizen’s participation. Nor should any selectmen talk and mutter under their breath during citizen’s participation. The selectmen may or may not agree with what is being said but everyone should be treated with respect. When Lynn Burroughs sat there and wanted the selectman to impose some kind of dress code at the beach because a teenager was wearing pants but part of his underwear was showing. Jane thanked her and said something about thanking her for her suggestion. She didn't call her an idiot for wanting to impose a dress code on teenagers. Tom gets up and wants to talk about the sewer bills and Brenda talks through his presentation and calls him and idiot and Jane backs her up the following week. They have no respect for anyone who disagrees with them.

I have copied part of the selectmen’s mission statement. Although it refers to services being delivered COURTEOUSLY, maybe the selectmen should treat all the taxpayers will the same courtesy at the selectmen’s meeting

“The Wareham Board of Selectmen will try to provide the most services possible to all the citizens of the Town of Wareham, considering the most cost effective ways to deliver those services. Through example and expression of its own commitment, the Board of Selectmen will encourage and expect that all services will be delivered courteously and at a high level of commitment to the taxpayer.”

#33 2010-06-27 00:55:24

Nuke the BOS.................................NOW.  Our BOS has lost it's way, there should not be this discourd  with the two "nasties" leading the way..............the "News's and WC should be leading the way.  Time to stop sitting on your hands and take control.................JD as Chairman may be in control, but three beats two all the time

Last edited by Quahog (2010-06-27 01:00:55)

#34 2010-06-28 07:42:26

WHY THEY ARE CALLED TIN FOIL HAT CLUB:

By: totellthetruth on 6/27/10
I was sitting near Rob and I didn't hear anything.
Now... The devious mind at work again. Did anyone check the "official" audio tape of that meeting or are we just relying on DOCCCCCTTTTTTTOOOOOORRRRRRRRRR Bickis copy of the tape for evidence?
Certain people in TBW are well known for their audio-visual altering skills.

SO THEY ALTERED THE TAPE??????? BRENDA ADMITTED SHE CALLED HIM AN IDIOT. NOT ONLY THAT SHE CALLED HIM AN IDIOT AGAIN WHEN HE CAME FOR AN APOLOGY YOU IDIOT

#35 2010-06-28 07:45:38

By: robertslager on 6/27/10
I'm dying as a moderator tonight. Sorry. It's been a very busy past few days. Did anyone do anything interesting over the weekend?

y: mike9f on 6/27/10
Robert, you hurt your ankle and your car died. That's a double whammy. Did you break any mirrors lately?

YOU TWISTED YOUR ANKLE AND YOUR TRANSMISSION LET GO ON YOUR VAN. YOUR MOMMY HAD TO TAKE THE KIDS OUT TO THE SCIENCE MUSEUM BECAUSE YOUR A LOSER. YES YOU SUCK AT LIFE

#36 2010-06-28 07:58:18

By: robertslager on 6/27/10
I agree, WarehamWoman. Yes, the board was baited, in my opinion. But she walked into the trap.

YES BOBO DR BICKI KNEW COMING TO CITIZENS PARTICIPATION AND HAVING CONCERNS AND QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SEWER WAS A TRAP AND WOULD PUSH ECKSTROM OVER THE EDGE AND CALL HIM AN IDIOT. YOU WOULD THINK SHE WOULD HAVE LEARNED ESPECIALLY SINCE SHE HAS A CURRENT LAWSUIT BECAUSE OF COMMENTS SHE MADE DURING A SELECTMANS MEETING. BUT WHAT DOES SHE CARE? THE TAXPAYERS ARE PAYING FOR HER COMMENTS.

#37 2010-06-28 08:28:24

Going to a selectmen's meeting to discuss sewer issues is "baiting" someone?

#38 2010-06-28 08:34:00

Going to a selectmen's meeting to discuss sewer issues is "setting a trap?"

Sounds like these people have extreme paranoia and need to get help from a shrink.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-28 08:35:05)

#39 2010-06-30 17:23:10

Congratulations to Steve, Cara and Walter. Leaders are starting to emerge. It will be a pleasure to watch.
Congratulations to Liz McDonald and Larry McDonald. Wareham will be well served by their presence on their respective committees.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com