#1 2010-06-06 07:41:08

THE BEST TIMES ARE WEEKENDS SAT. AND SUN AND EVENINGS  THE VOULENREERS DONT WANT TO WORK THESE HRS AND  OUR NOT SHOWING UP FOR THESE HRS ,  I WENT THERE SAT AROUND 400 AND THE PIER WAS NOT MANNED , THE TOWN WILL BE MONEY BECAAUSE THATS WHEN MOST PEOPLE HAVE  THE TIME OFF , BUT WHO CARES THE TOWN IS GOING TO HELL ANY WAY AND YOU CAN SAVE MONEY , GET THE WORD OUT FOLKS SALLEY DOES NOT WANT TO  VOULENTEER WEEKENDS OR EVENINGS  AND THE TOWN WILL BE LOOSEING MONEY.

#2 2010-06-06 07:57:30

HELLO, PHONE RINGS AT ANDREWS OFFICE ,ANDREWS ANSWERS , MR ANDREWS THIS IS SALLEY , ANDREWS ANSWERS WHO ARE YOU , SHE ANSWERS I AM A PIER VOULTEEER , I CANT COME IN SAT . I HAVE BEEN DRINKING A LOT LAST NITE WITH MY PAL BRENDA AND I HAVE A HANG OVER  AND BRENDA TOLD ME THERE IS A GREAT SALE AT  THE LIQUOR STORE THE AFTERNOON AND WE ARE BOTH GOING , ANNDREWS ANSWERS YA NO SALLEY ITS  SAT. THATS WHEN MOST PEOPLE GO TO THE PIER , WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO , SALLEY ANSWERS AINT MY PROBLEM AND ANDREWS ANSWERS SCREW IT WHAT TIME IS THE LIQUOR SALE I NEED TO STOCK UP ON MY BOOZE CABINET ,

#3 2010-06-06 21:02:11

Okay, IHL ~  If you aren't joking with us then I can give you some FACTS from the past.  If you ARE joking ~ then your punishment is to read what I have to say.  I think you aren't fibbing!

As I stated before, Memorial Day Weekend, the parking lot at Onset Pier opens from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm.  This was always a one person, 9 hour shift.  If it's a good beach day, the crowd starts coming off the beach between 3:30 - 4:00.  Of course, you have others that will stay much later.  Some of the fishing boats are doing two trips a day during this part of the season, so if you close at or before 4:00, you miss the revenue from the fishermen, as well as the beach goers.  Lot's of pleasure boaters will come out to run to the grocery or package stores and return to their boats for the evening.  More money lost.  To be on the low side, let's say you just lost $75 to $100 for those two or three hours.  Payroll would be appr. $30 - $24.  I am not a math geniuous, but the town is losing money because of their "Summer 2010" volunteer program.  I told you all that there would be problems ahead.    I also warned that the volunteers, mostly if they are seniors, would not do good running back and forth to the gates to lock them up when the lot is full and then to unlock the gate when spaces were available.  You need background to understand the reason for this.  I also noticed that there are no yellow barrels at the end of the gate arm on either side.  You wouldn't believe how many people will slip through those spaces to park for free.     I rec'd a copy of an email that said:  "they had on 3 people and they were bitching that it was too hard to go back and forth and they let the people run all over the place."  Apparently these VOLUNTEERS don't care.  Someone that is getting a paycheck for working at the pier, runs back and forth to the gates, etc. because that is their job and that is what they get paid for.  With the exeptions of one, possibly two past attendants, none were EVER ashamed to put their hand out for their paycheck each week.  They earned every minimum wage penny that they were paid.

Sounds like Andrews' and Stanley and his "ass kissers" didn't think through this plan.  Too late now, Wareham and Onset.  Sorry that the revenue will be down this year.  Just wait until the final figures come in, unless they fudge them!

#4 2010-06-06 21:06:52

BP:
I believe that this whole issue will come around to bite Andrews and Stanley in the ass. I know at least one Selectman who is not at all happy about it and it seems Selectman isn't done addressing the issue, let's hope.

This is a giant fuck up IMHO. These tax work off people aren't free, and there is no program in place to determine their true financial need. I say clean house, Grizzy, Bix, Butt Monkey, SuperChief and Andrews. Send them all back to where they came from and let's get some normal people in place. Enough of doing Jane's political favors!

#5 2010-06-06 21:38:43

iliveinazoo, thanks, I agree with everything you have said above. 

I question if there was ever an advertisement in the newspaper for senior volunteers for the pier jobs.  Where these people chosen by Grizzy from a list of applicants?  I understand the gentleman that was recently banned on this site does not get paid nor does he get a reduction on his property taxes from working at the pier.

I don't think some of our "normal" citizens realize just how much damage Andrews and Stanley have down and are continueing to do.  They are bringing Wareham down, fast but all the public is seeing are the bright colors from the glorious news articles they submit.

I"m not giving up the fight for my town!

#6 2010-06-07 06:29:10

IAGREE WITH I LIVE IN A ZOO THEY SHOULD ALL GO, AND BEACH PLUM I AM NOT KIDDING I HAVE HEARD FROM RELIABLE SOURCES THAT VOULENTEERS DO NOT WANT TO WORK WEEKENDS AOR EVENINGS AND ARE NOT SHOWING UP AND I WAS THERE THIS PAST SAT AT 400 AND THE PIER WAS NOT MANNED , GO CHECK IT OUT ON SOME WEEK ENDS  RANDOMLY  ,SEE FOR YOURSELF. JANE AND BRENDA  ARE RUNNING THINGS STILL.

#7 2010-06-07 18:52:58

IHL, if any paid worker at the pier ever pulled this crap, they would have been fired.

Anyone that sees the booth door open and no attendent around or the booth closed before the scheduled closing time, please, PLEASE...........call  508-295-1473.  This is a non-emergency line, so report it to the dispatcher and write down the time and date of your call.  After you have spoken to the dispatcher, ask if you could be connected to the Part Time Chief's voice mail and leave him a message.   If I were to see this I would also email each of the town's selectmen and TA and leave your name, phone # and the time and day of your observations.   The BOS, at least some of them, probably won't hear about it without an email directly to them.

I guess I have to repeat myself.  Volunteers do not receive a pay check. Some of them don't care if they don't show up or don't do their job properly.

SOMEONE PLEASE SHOW ME HOW THE TOWN IS SAVING MONEY WHEN THERE IS NO ONE TO COLLECT THE PARKING FEES?  "Super Chief and co. - any answer to this question?

#8 2010-06-19 17:04:24

Well, I guess the senior citizens are looking younger and younger every day.  When Lt. Wallace ran the Onset Pier Parking Lot, no person under 18 years old was allowed to work there.  TODAY - A 16 YEAR OLD IS MANNING THE PARKING BOOTH!     What the F__K is up with that?  This 16 yr. old didn't even open the pier until 10:00 AM, instead of 9:00 AM.  What the F__K is up with that?   This, through the wisdom of our Idiot Acting Chief of Police Stanley and the TA Andrews, was to be an entirely volunteer project of needy senior citizens to help pay their property taxes.  There is no one there after 4:00 PM because know one wants to work nights.  Funny, Linda Florindo worked Tuesday thru Saturday nights, 4:00 PM until 11:00 PM for the past 17 years.  Even if this CHILD was working in place of an elder, that is WRONG.  I will post more ditties later, I need to calm down.

#9 2010-06-19 21:01:47

Beach:
I say just keep track of what is going on at the pier. Mr. Andrews forgets that his job is more then just running the town, it is running the town RESPONSIBLY.

#10 2010-06-20 00:33:09

I am back.  We went for ice cream and went by the pier around 5:30 and there were two young people inside the booth and a young person, with a yellow vest on, outside the booth.  So it was still open with more than half the lot full.  Obviously they worked past 4:00 pm today. 

My reliable source told me that the volunteers are working for $7.50 per hour and then my source came back saying it was $10.00 per hour to come off the seniors property tax bill, up to $750.00 and they have to be hardship cases.  WHO DECIDES?  I was told that they have 2 girls on each shift.  Some will work two hour and some will work four hour shifts.  A friend of my source will be working there and she said that there will be 30 people working off their taxes this summer.  This source told me that the volunteers don't know the system and are letting busses on the pier.  THIS IS DEFINATELY A NO-NO!  Busses park in the pick up or drop off spot off of Onset Ave. in the front of the pier.

If it is correct, the above figures amount to $22,500.00 taken off of senior's tax bills.  This work off program is good for the seniors, but not the town.  They have basically lost $22,500.00 from the pier revenue if these figures are correct.   We were told that Memorial Day Weekend, the Onset Pier had the highest revenue EVER.  Folks, that amount was $500.00.  In 2008, we were charging the same amount to park and brought in $1,243.00.  That was three, 9 hour days  and total wages paid were $193.50, leaving $1,049.50 after wages.  I have in front of me the calendar used at the Onset Pier for the year 2008.  Remember that this was an absolutely beautiful summer, weather-wise, with a daily full parking lot unless it rained.  At the end of Labor Day, September 1st, our total take was $55,267.00.  We were forced to stay open until October 13th (Columbus Day) by our former greedy selectmen, weekends only (9 hour days).  For these 13 days we only brought in $1,586.00, an average of $122.00 per 9 hour day.  The wages paid for one 9 hr. day was $152.75.  ARE WE RUN BY LOSERS OR WHAT!!!

Okay, so the total for the season (not fiscal year) of 2008 was $56,853.00.  This amount was taken in by dedicated workers who arrived and left on time and worked their shifts alone.  These workers didn't tell the Lt. that they didn't want to work weekends or nights.  These workers missed out on family functions, too, but THEY came to work for their shifts.  Fourteen hours a day the pier was open.  Even if the volunteers (30) work off $750.00 from their tax bill, ($22,500) and the parking money generated is the same, $56,853.00 (as in '08), you are left with $34,353.00.  Pay for your operating expenses - power, tickets, machine maintenance (which I don't know the cost of) and you have Municipal Maintenance asking for "line painting money".

At the April, 2010 town meeting, $8,600.00 was transferred from the parking meter fund to Municipal Maintenance and $21,490.00 was transferred to the Community Events Committee, for a total of $30,090.00.  If these exact figures were to come before us again at our next town meeting, you are left with $4,263.00 to pay your operating costs listed above for the pier.  Total wages paid to the parking attendants in 2008 was just under $11,000.00.

So, anyone with a pencil and paper out there tonight?     2008 season
     brought in:    $56,853.00
     wages pd:     $11,000.00
     open  9am to 11pm

This year, 2010.
     open 9 or 10 until 4 and today until maybe 6pm
     volunteer wages deducted from taxes:  $22,500.00

Can't wait to see the totals this year.  And......if Linda Florindo can't work there, why should minors be working there?  Linda hasn't rec'd a phone call to work nights yet.  Hmmmm.  Could it be that the "Stupid Chief" and the TA don't like what she has to say about them?  Sticks and Stones...........

#11 2010-06-20 07:04:34

It seems to be common knowledge that both of them read this blog, so yes I would say that not bringing a 17 year veteran employee back is a personal issue.

We should all be looking at these numbers asking, where did all the money come from? Two years ago we faced a million dollar deficit. We cut the library in half, took money away from the COA, had layoffs and furlough days. Now we have plenty of money to blow but we haven't restored the budgets of the library or COA, we haven't hired back our workers and we haven't given the schools a penny above what the state makes us.

Shame on you Mark Andrews. Driving us into the same fiscal mess left behind in Lawrence.

#12 2010-06-20 08:22:07

It looks to me as though you are in dire need of an "Incumbents Enema"....wash 'em' all out...

#13 2010-06-20 08:24:35

WHO PAYS THE WAGES OF THE YOUNG KIDS AND IF THERE GEETING PAID  THEN THEY ARE NOT VOULENTERS ,AND IF THE SENIORS OUR GETTING TAX WRITE OFFS THEN HOW DOES THAT HELP WAREHAM ,THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT VOULENTERS , DONT FOGET THAT GRIZZE RUNS THE SENIOR TAX WORK OFF PROGRAM  FOR THE BENEFIT OF JANE AND BRENDA ,THERE IS EXTRA MONEY IN WAREHAM BUT DOES IT COME FROM THE FACT THAT THE SCHOOL AND LIBRARY ARE PAID FOR , WAREHAMS VOTERS ARE NOT HAPPEY WITHE THE WAY WAREHAM IS BEING RUN,THE SCHOOLS  ARE IN LIFE SUUPORT ,THE LIBRARY AT DEATHS DOOR , MUNCIPAL MEAINTEBANCE IS ON BAD SHAPE , NOBODEY WAS  CUT IN THE CLERKS OFFICE , THE VOTERS OF WAREHAM ARE WATCHING WE KNEW WE WOULD NEED ANOTHER ELECTION TO STRAIHTEN OUT WAREHAM ,THIS COMMING APRILING APRIL WE WILL THROW OUT JANE AND BRENDA OUT ON THERE ASSES  AND MR ANDREWS I AM SURE YOU WILL BE LOOKING FOR A JOB NEXT YEAR.

#14 2010-06-20 08:26:52

AND DONT FORGET WE THE VOTERS DID NOT WANT  ANOTHER DIME SPENT ON THE COMPUTOR AUDIT .

#15 2010-06-20 11:48:48

i agree dan  that we  need an incubents enema , all ass holes out the door bye bye jane and brenda .

#16 2010-06-20 13:00:15

zoo  your right,wareham does not need to be another lawrence,  andrews you need to go

#17 2010-06-20 22:18:00

iliveinazoo~I know that they get print-outs of these blogs and I just don't care.  The PD stoolies run them right in to the P.T. Chief.  My question is are they doing the printing at the station, reading this site at the station and is the T.A. reading this at work?  It's easy to set up your own lap top, etc. to get the info from here. 

The pier job is over for Florindo and she will not get a call, but I can still get mad when something is wrong and believe me - this crap going on there is wrong.  Griz needs to be "audited".

The pier did get new equipment,  the new ticket box and gate boxes.  That's the first time $ has been spent on the pier, thanks to Lt. Wallace.  We are still looking for the 2009 calendar, which showed less money coming in due to the rainey weather we had.  The lot itself will need major repairs soon.  Where do we get the money then?

#18 2010-06-21 07:06:17

THE  PD STOOLIES WALSH AND BAPTISTE .

#19 2010-06-21 21:15:49

ihateliz wrote:

THE  PD STOOLIES WALSH AND BAPTISTE .

Those are the ones that I refer to all the time.  There are many more.  Dan has a saying - "follow the money".  These two are following the smell of money, hand in hand with the Acting Police Chief.

Does anyone know a woman named Midge, possibly from Onset?  She says she is going to volunteer at the pier.  She has no financial problems.  For free?

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com