#1 2010-06-15 20:22:16

For those just tuning in, Wareham has been without a town planner for about three or four years.

We had one, but his name was on the infamous hit list, so he was canned, even though he had just won SRPEDD Planner of the Year.

Wareham has been without a planner for years since (one of many people fired and salaries saved though the position wasn't filled, but your tax bill wasn't reduced).

And boy, with dilapidated buildings and eyestore empty box stores popping up left and right, Wareham being without a town planner for several years sure does show, doesn't it?

But hey, he didn't kiss enough Hypocrite Elite ass.  What can you do.

Now years later, Andrews' big idea is that Wareham share a planner with Rochester.

Are you kidding me?  Wareham needs a town planner that will give his undivided attention to Wareham.

#2 2010-06-15 22:53:57

I felt the same way when we were given a P.T. Chief of Police from North Andover that was to work 20 hours a week.   Undivided Attention.  Now that is a unique idea.

#3 2010-06-16 03:03:37

Rochester ????????????  That industrial giant of a neighbor............this type of thinking will torpedo any thoughts that Wareham will achieve any of it's former greatness.

We need our own full time Planner and we need them now.  This Andrews guy seems to have an answer for every question and to be honest with you, he comes across as full of shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 2010-06-16 08:37:08

Here are some questions:

1) How do two towns oversee one employee?  What if Rochester thinks the town planner is doing a great job but Wareham thinks he stinks or vice versa?

2)  What happens if Wareham wants to can the town planner and Rochester doesn't or vice versa?

3)  What if there is a development in the area that Wareham wants but Rochester doesn't, or vice versa?

4)  What if Rochester doesn't want to hire a Merrimack lackey?

#5 2010-06-16 08:57:38

I think if we fired Sanquinet maybe we could afford a full time planner. Why do our selectmen need an “assistant to the selectmen” at $80,000 a year. They have two secretaries available to them they don’t need an assistant.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com