#1 2010-05-26 07:06:03

WHAT AN OUTRAGE

Last edited by ihateliz (2010-05-26 08:38:09)

#2 2010-05-26 14:13:34

i have heard that coleman will NOT be in charge or in the booth on the pier in onset....

#3 2010-05-27 17:07:37

Lt. Wallace, Sgt. John Walcek and George Coleman at Onset Pier training attendants today.  Possibly 2 women who worked at Crime Watch office in the past.

#4 2010-05-27 20:02:44

I hope what you are saying is not true there goes the community relations.

#5 2010-05-27 21:37:51

if thisTRUE THEN THIS WILL PROVE ANDREWS TAKES HIS MARCHING ORDERS FROM THE DONAHUES AND BRENDA AND THAY THEY ARE OUT OF TUNE WHAT IS HAPPENING IN  WAREHAM , COLEMAN TOLD A WOMEN YOU ARE STUPID , RUNS HIS CAR INTO COUSTOMERS ,AND WAS FIRED FROM HIS JOB AT BRINKS ARMORED CAR FOR MISSING MONEY SOME TIME AGO AGO ACORDING TO THE TOWN RUMOR MILL, WE FIRE LINDA FLORINDO AFTER 18  YEARS GIVE HER JOB TO A LOWLIFE AND GIVE ANDREWS BUDDEY 30 K MORE THAN THE JOB WAS ADVERTISED , YET WE DONT GIVE ARE CURRENT EMPLOYEES RAISES WHAT THE HELL IS UP IN WAREHAM.

#6 2010-05-27 21:40:35

"By: jojan2 on 5/27/10
Hi angel-joe, yes I deleted my blog because it was not the right time to discuss it. You can ask me your question.

I took offense when Ms. Winslow (at a Selectmen's meeting recently) stated that she didn't think seniors should handle cash at the beaches. She thought a town employee should handle it. (What town employee was handling the library funds?? And wasn't there a mistake made??)I can now say to Ms. Winslow that seniors, although not all of us are, can and will handle cash by collecting parking fees on Onset Pier. We are all volunteers and will be saving Wareham over $8,000 which can be spent somewhere else."

Actually what Winslow said was she was concerned about volunteers handling cash and how they might feel about the responsibility.

I am glad that you think you are saving the town, really though, when you take jobs away from our citizens you harm our local businesses. And I know that my son decided he won't be using the pier this year, as many won't because there are people out there who understand that volunteers are not always a good replacement for paid labor. It has nothing to do with being a senior and I do not believe she even knew seniors would be the volunteers. Get over her.

I would like Mr. Andrews to tell us how our insurance company feels about us putting volunteers on the pier, when one of them gets injured are we on the hook? Just another stupid decision made by stupid people.

#7 2010-05-27 21:53:15

You don't have to have a degree in personnel management to know that George Coleman was not a "good fit" for Onset.  If he  were to reappear in Onset this summer in any position of authority  there would be justifiable, sustainable, resentment. 

It is, in fact, such an outrageous proposition that I'm not going to believe the rumors until  someone in authority  says, in effect, "Suck it up Onset... He's our guy and he's comin' back !"   Then we might have fireworks before The Fourth of  July  !

#8 2010-05-27 21:53:41

i dont like getting rid of people with jobs that they need to feed there families ,i call this scab labor and i dont like it,period.    the town is not saving money when we give people a tax break we are not collecting taxes to pay the towns bills , i like the senior work off program , we could use the voulenters but as exrra help but not fireing people from  there jobs ,and i dont like putting coleman in charge who was arrested , what is up with the tin foil hat crowd do they like people running things in wareham that are aressted , like brucie and coleman.

#9 2010-05-27 22:30:01

Y'all have ignored the obvious, but seem to have got the message all the same.

Anyone who stands in the way of Rick Stanley's ambition to become Wareham's full time super chief can expect further retribution.

Why else would he detail Chuck Wallace, licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth, to a long walk on a short pier?

The change in command from a year ago is obvious to us humble civilians here in Wareham Village; show-the-flag sirens at full blast, 24 hours a day. Sounds like a fucking war zone now. Yeah, don't mention it. But would someone please remind Stanley this is a resort?

Good god. What's next, open season for fatal tune ups, the North Andover way?

Last edited by billw (2010-05-27 22:36:28)

#10 2010-05-28 00:14:22

HE CALLED HER A STUPID RETARD. I GUESS IT OK TO TALK TO THE PUBLIC LIKE THAT. SHOULD BE AN INTERESTING SUMMER AT THE PIER

#11 2010-05-28 00:16:09

AND TO THE NUT BETTY R. JUST BECAUSE A HACK REPORTER THAT HASNT GOT ANY FACTS RIGHT SAYS SOMETHING HAPPENDED, IT DIDNT.

#12 2010-05-28 08:48:54

OK just this once, I wish they'd of hired someone from Merrimack instead.

#13 2010-05-28 09:03:42

is the plan being implemented to make stanley super chief. takeing over the town pier with there pal coleman ( this is about control) and we will save money by eleminating  lindas job we will save money  for a higher salery for the chief, and is the talk of harbor mangementa plan to get rid of perola job and more money for a super chief, the guys  on the other side are devious as hell.

#14 2010-05-28 09:33:26

I'll bet there are three votes against a "Super Chief" on the BOS.
We'll see.

#15 2010-05-28 10:51:12

How can our town justify such a high salary for one individual when surrounding towns of compairable size seem to all be in the same pay scale.  From what some our surrounding towns are listing on there annual reports, the highest paid chief position appears to be the City of New Bedford at around 140K , Bourne 124K, Plymouth 109K and a retired Fairhaven Chief was listed at 118K.  The numbers just dont add up and if recent history proves anything our administrator will give big salaries to his buddy network, time to stop this gravy train its our tax dollars there throwing around.

#16 2010-05-28 11:44:09

TYOUR  LAST POLICE CHIF MADE 95K AND JANE AND BRENDA SAID IT WAS TO HIGH ,( IT WAS ABOUT POWER FOLKS THAT HE WAS FORCED OUT) AND NOW WE WANT TO PAY A NEW POLICE CHIEF 180K WHEN THE TA HAS NOT SETTLED A POLICE CONTRACT WITH OUR POLICE IN OVER 2 YEARS , GET REAL FOLKS LET OUR SELECTMAN KNOW  WE DO NOT WANT A SUPER POLICE CHIEF MAKEING 180K.THE FORCEING OUT OF MRS FLORINDO IS PART OF THERE PLAN IN HAVEING A SUPER POLICE CHIEF.

#17 2010-05-28 11:46:09

SO COLEMAN WAS ARESSTED BY WAREHAM POLICE AND YET WE PUT HIM IN AS HEAD OF THE WAREHAM PIER IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME WAREHAM SELECTMEN

#18 2010-05-29 23:38:02

Mrs. Florindo made uncomplimentary comments about Chief Stanley and two members of his dept. that are NO GOOD.  It was a good play for Stanley to keep two rotten cops and now Coleman, close to his side.  If they think he is their friend, he can keep a good eye on them, keep them happy and they won't be talking about him behind his back.  The Onset Pier was run by Lt. Wallace, who is not on the Chief's A list, and hasn't been since the day the PT Chief started in Wareham.  There was no personality conflict.  It was predetermined that the chief would take everything away from Lt. Wallace and he is continuing to do this, with or without Bruce and Cronin.

One thing they forget is that the Onset Pier Pkg. Lot was/is a business and was run like one.  It is much more complicated than taking your money or checking your sticker at Little Harbor or Swift's Beach.  Volunteer's don't have a job to lose.  Maybe Mrs. Florindo, being a senior, should have been given the option to work off her property taxes.

#19 2010-05-30 05:55:40

She was punished, plain and simple.  Who's next. Step right up, speak your mind and see what happens.  Do we have to go down the list again?

#20 2010-05-31 08:01:20

Nothing like small town politics! As a new volunteer on the pier with some insight to the realities of the situation let me inform you all of the ultimate intention in case you haven't already noticed. With the money being saved using volunteers on the pier we as residents will have the privilege of increased Police patrols not only in Onset but throughout the entire town. I for one would gladly trade a few seasonally salaried positions for such an effort giving Chief Stanley full credit. Thus far I have noticed not just 2 bicycle officers per selected area but at least 3-4 as well as increased foot patrols along Onset Ave. The outcry for such assistance has been long and until now unheard. Furthermore these added patrols will have complete access and authority over dealings involving the volunteer pier program up to an including money handling. Just a quick point of fact - in just the first 2 days of the volunteer pier program more money was taken in, and recorded, than any previous year - EVER! How about some of you keyboard komplainers lending a hand?  I thought not!

#21 2010-05-31 08:10:34

ARE YOU A VOULENTEER OR A YOU GETTING A CUT ON YOUR TAXES  THROUGH THE SENIOR TAX WORK OFF PROGRAM IF TOU ARE THEN YOU ARE NOT A TRUE VOULEENTER , A VOULENTEER IS SOMEONE WHO GETS NO MONETARY VALUE , WITH THE TAX WORK OFF PROGRAM THERE IS NO EXTRA MONEY TO PAY FOR POLICE , THE SENIOR TAX WORK OFF PROGRAM IS GOOD BUT YOU TOOK SOMEONES JOB WHO HAS WORKED FOR THE TOWN FOR 18 YEARS ,SOME PEOPLE CALL THESE PEOPLE SCABS. ALSO I KNOW THAT AT LEAST 3 POLICE MEN HAVE LEFT THE POLICE DEPT AND NOT BEEN REPLACED, IS THAT WHERE THE MONEY COMING FORTHE FOOT PATROL.

#22 2010-05-31 08:37:36

RB the outcry for summer police has been for three years.  Before the Brucey Bunch ran the show, we had plenty of summer police.  Then Brucey and his pals took over and summer police were cut.  Oh, but then three years later when he needed to be re-elected they were suddenly brought back.

I think it's great they've been brought back, but it'd been even better if they'd never been cut in the first place.

#23 2010-05-31 08:50:36

RBWatchDog wrote:

With the money being saved using volunteers on the pier we as residents will have the privilege of increased Police patrols not only in Onset but throughout the entire town... Just a quick point of fact - in just the first 2 days of the volunteer pier program more money was taken in, and recorded, than any previous year - EVER! How about some of you keyboard komplainers lending a hand?  I thought not!

Two thoughts RB,  If you are a true volunteer, Bless you.  If you are a senior working off some tax obligation (up to $750.) then there is NO savings.  It simply equates to less tax revenue coming in and MUST be made up somewhere else.  So which is it ?  Are you volunteering out of the goodness of your heart ?

AND... I hope you are not suggesting that the pier took in more money because of volunteers.  This May has been one of the waremest on record and has caused more beach goers than in the last decade or more.  I guess Chief Stanley should get credit for that too ?

(IMO) It's about management; something Wareham has been lacking for several years.

Last edited by bbrady (2010-05-31 08:51:41)

#24 2010-05-31 12:02:40

RBWatchDog wrote:

....With the money being saved using volunteers on the pier we as residents will have the privilege of increased Police patrols not only in Onset but throughout the entire town. I for one would gladly trade a few seasonally salaried positions for such an effort giving Chief Stanley full credit. Thus far I have noticed not just 2 bicycle officers per selected area but at least 3-4 as well as increased foot patrols along Onset Ave.

A little financial calculation is in order here.  RBWatchDog seems to be suggesting that the money being saved by not hiring one seasonal parking attendant is enough to fund at least 3-4 bicycle officers as well as increased foot patrols along Onset Avenue.  (I have heard no one suggest any other specific seasonally salaried employee was involved.)  The Annual Town Report FY09 lists Linda Florindo’s total earnings as $5,428.75.

#25 2010-05-31 13:41:59

RBWatchdog is a mole...moles and trolls...you know what to do...

#26 2010-05-31 14:29:34

First of all I am a "true" volunteer under 60 years old NOT receiving any credits of any kind and as such I accept the "bless"ing. As for the volunteer pier program - it is an absolutely wonderful idea no matter who conceived it.  Unfortunately it cost someone a job however in today's economy if it were not this position it would and will soon be another. Also unfortunate is that personalities may have clashed in the midst of this endeavor yet the same would have happened elsewhere in another. Letting some facts be known the Onset pier parking facility entails approximately 1500 seasonal man hours. To believe that a mere $5,428.75 salary as Mr Onset quotes maintains operation for that many hours is absolutely ridiculous. Dividing that salary by $8.50 an hour only equates to less than half the man hours needed to run the operation even slightly successful. So do these facts leave themselves open to "suggest"ion?  Absolutely!!! Therefore the Wareham Police Department is assuming full accountability for the revenues generated by it's "volunteers" and subsequently appropriating it correctly.  Furthermore this accountability will be applied, as in any good business practice, to the past, present, and future of the Onset Pier Parking Facility. On a personal note it never ceases to amaze me that those who appear to complain the most seem to offer the least solutions.

#27 2010-05-31 17:34:01

Here is my solution, spend the $6,000.00 on the employee and hold them accountable. Suggesting that volunteers can run libraries, piers or anything else for that matter is ludicrious. If the town is a 60 million dollar business can someone please tell me what private venture would put their future in the hands of those who have absolutely nothing to lose by not showing up?

Don't get me wrong RB, volunteers have their place in the community, but entrusting them to run the daily operations is not prudent business practices. Some volunteers are great, they show up, are timely, etc. But believe me, after 40 years in public service I have had my share of volunteers! Believe me when I tell you, there is no incentive quite like a paycheck to keep people coming in day after day.

Also, the summer police were funded when Stanley cut the overtime budget, so he basically took money away from year round officers to give Onset the seasonals they want (need). I don't know how that helps his situation in terms of morale. But, what do I know? I am just a bitter old woman with a penchant for sangria.

#28 2010-05-31 18:21:14

RBWatchdog:  I am in possession of the amounts of money taken in at the Onset Pier for over the last 15 years.  Good beach days bring great revenue.  Viking and fishing trips also help.  Some years are rainy and revenue is naturally down.  Obviously you have NO idea how the pier pkg lot works.  It generally opens for Memorial Day Weekend - Sat., Sun. & Monday (9:00am to 6:00pm).  It is open every Saturday & Sunday until the Town decides when the official start of summer begins, usually the third week in June.  Once that decision is made, the pier's hours change to 9:00am until 11:00pm, 7 days a week.  This continues until Labor Day weekend when the hours for Sunday and Monday go back to 9:00am to 6:00 pm.  The money hungry selectmen, in their "wisdom", have kept the pier open each weekend after Labor Day until Columbus Day weekend.  The hours then are 9:00am until 6:00 pm and rarely make enough to pay the attendant.  Blame the BOS for this.  The Onset Pier pkg lot should have been opened May 1st, full time.  That is where the money can be made.

"Your" volunteer program cost 3 people their jobs.  If you think Mrs. Florindo worked 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, you are crazy.  The PT Chief knows that this job is worked by 3 attendants and if he tells you he didn't know that, then he is a liar.  He should look in his budget.  It is in black and white.

The figure you show for the annual salary for Mrs. Florindo is incorrect.  The amount of seasonal hours the Onset Pier was open is 1,296 hours.  You might want to cut that number by the rain days that either closed the parking lot completely, or by 6 or 7 hours, of which no salary was paid.  The two other attendants rec'd minimum wage of $8.00 per hour and none of the attendants have had a raise in over 3 years - due to budget cuts.  You can look that up at town hall!

The PD has always assumed full responsibility for the revenue from the Onset Pier Pkg. Lot., from the daily bank deposits and cash register tapes.  It NEVER goes to the Police Department for anything except the salaries of the attendants.  The WPD gets reimbursed for the parking lot attendant's salary, so do NOT say that by ridding the salaried employees, that an extra bike or walking patrolman could be hired.  YOU ARE SO FAR FROM THE TRUTH THAT IT IS PATHETIC.  This money has always been turned over to the Town of Wareham listed under the Onset Pier Parking Meter Fund.  A considerable amount of this money goes to Municipal Maintenance for line painting of roads and parking areas.  Where do you get the idea that this money HAS NOT BEEN APPROPRIATED CORRECTLY?  Unless the new Town Administer and the P. T. Chief have made a "DEAL", the money does not go to the PD for anything.  Chief Joyce wanted to use some of this money for seasonal patrolmen, but the money had to come from HIS budget, not from the Onset Pier Pkg. lot.  This sounds to me, that the Chief has probably sucked up to the TA to use the money for his salaried seasonal workers.  This is not something that I am against.  However, your comment about this going to the past, present and future of the Onset Pier Parking Facility really makes me laugh.

For years, people have asked the town to repair the parking booth at the Onset Pier.  No one has taken responsibility.  A snow plow from Municipal Maintenance plowed snow into the building.  If anyone wants to see the mark on the Beachcomber side of the building, it is still there.  Any man or woman who visits the pier during the winter months, can show you the marks.  When this was done, two, 2x4 wall supports where pushed off the sill, and the sheet rock was smashed to pieces on the bottom of the interior.  A private citizen used a sledge hammer to push them back.  If anyone would like to see, just lift the fabric that Mrs. Florindo purchased (WITH HER OWN MONEY) and stapled to the wall to hide the ugly mess.  Mrs. Florindo also used HER OWN MONEY TO BUY AND APPLY PAINT TO THE REMAINING WALLS AND CEILING!!!!!!   To pretty it up and hide the mess, so to speak.  Maybe the Building Inspector would like to check the building for the black mold under the fabric.  No one else seemed to care.

Anything that was done inside the booth was done by Mrs. Florindo and her co-workers and friends.  Actually, her personal belongings are still in the booth and she has not been able to claim them - a stool, chair and office supplies are included in that list.

Mrs. Florindo has asked (too many times to count) about having some of this revenue put aside to aid in much needed repairs to the parking lot at the pier.  If someone wants to volunteer their time, why don't you weed the curb areas in Onset and on the pier?  That would save $ for M.M. and help beautify Onset.

I hope you see this without your blinders on.  Many suggestions have been made by many people.  If I sound like I am complaining, I am and I have done so for years.  I do have solutions and I HAVE OFFERED ALL OF MY SOLUTIONS AND IDEAS TO DEAF EARS.  So, on your personal note, perhaps you should ask around before you start writing things that are NOT TRUE.

If you have a conscience, how do you feel knowing that you have taken over someone's job?  And, for a point of information...........I rode by the Onset Pier on Sunday.  There was a cone to save a parking space.  Unheard of!  Any one that has ever worked there or knows the workings of the pier, knows that saving a space is a no, no.  The incoming attendant would double park, if needed, until they could put their car into the outgoing attendant's space.  By saving a space with a cone, some child isn't getting to go to the beach!   Another thing that I saw, was that the booth's door was wide open and not an attendant around.  This is how money gets stolen with one push of a register key.  How much money would you be saving if it's stolen?

#29 2010-05-31 20:18:31

Good job, Beach...RBWatchdog is a mole. Probably one of the kiss ass cops that you know so well. You know, the ones with no guts that kiss the Chief's ass...whomever the Chief may be at the time.

#30 2010-05-31 20:37:04

As with most blogs, bloggers, and blogging in general people not only do NOT read what is written they also do not read between the lines either. It was Mr Onset who implied that Ms Florindo was the sole operator of the pier and NOT I. Furthermore it was Mr Onset that quoted the FY09 Annual Town Report as claiming Ms Florindo's salary was $5,428.75.  I am quite aware that more than one person was paid to do the job thereby inferring more money could be saved as I am quite aware of what it takes to operate the pier successfully.  What is truly "pathetic" is to call a volunteer a "scab" and a "mole" when there are probably far too many hands in that particular cash business to begin with including now with volunteers. At this point defending Ms Florindo and those who have lost a seasonal position is irrelevant as these are not priorities of the majority when it comes to seasonal affairs. May Ms Florindo forgive this reality. I look forward to presenting more realities soon as they become available.

#31 2010-05-31 21:49:03

RBWatchDog wrote:

As with most blogs, bloggers, and blogging in general people not only do NOT read what is written they also do not read between the lines either.

Play asshole, you're treated like one. Dial it back or find somewhere else to play.

#32 2010-05-31 22:23:45

RBWatchDog needs to take his/her own advice about carefully reading what is written.   I never "implied" Linda Florindo was the sole operator of the pier, but said, "(I have heard no one suggest any other specific seasonally salaried employee was involved.)"  If anyone knows who these other employees were, we can look up their earnings as well.

I also never said Linda Florindo's salary was $5,428.75, but rather that the Annual Town Report FY09 lists Linda Florindo’s total earnings as $5,428.75.  Earnings include regular pay, overtime, off duty details and all other compensation.

The post was only intended to point out that what RBWatchDog wrote and what had been presented so far made no sense to me.  Thank you Beach Plum for adding interesting and useful information.

#33 2010-06-01 00:32:46

billw: Thank you for proving my point with your use of profanity. Only a true "a**hole" would call a volunteer an "a**hole". Might I suggest that you open your front door, take a step outside, take a deep breath, and recognize that there is an entire world going on beyond your computer keyboard. It sickens me to think that you probably believe those who volunteer at the Salvation Army or bake sales are "a**holes" too. I happen to "play" quite well with others I call friends asking only that they play well with me. You are more than welcome to come play with us - we call ourselves "volunteers".

Mr. Onset: Quoting a source, any source, is as good as making the statement yourself. Perhaps your research of the Annual Report should have been more detailed to include the salaries indicated by Beach Plum whom you graciously thanked for providing information that I believe I had already provided quote "I for one would gladly trade a few seasonally salaried positions for such an effort" albeit not as detailed.  Again my point being proven that people do NOT read properly.

danoconnell: I "kiss" no one's "ass" hence my repeated use of the term "volunteer". I receive no reward whatsoever other than a reasonably deserved thank you as any good Cub Scout leader or Little League coach would deserve. Only a true "mole" such as yourself would hide so far under a rock coming out only briefly to tap a keyboard out of hatred. You should be ashamed of such unprofessional behavior.

iliveinazoo: I too know as much if not more about "volunteers". Perhaps if I had volunteers under my charge my business might not have closed as soon as it did. Granted a paycheck inspires quality, dedication, loyalty, and accountability claiming volunteers do not possess these qualities is only insulting and not inspiring.

Beach Plum: At the very least you should have thanked me for my compassion if not my efforts towards this entire pier situation. It is unfortunate that as with all these bloggers here the rhetoric is wasted.

#34 2010-06-01 02:23:42

Mr. Onset wrote what was written.  This was an error, but not by Mr. Onset.  You expect the truth from the annual report, but the fact remains that YOU assumed what he wrote was correct.   May I quote you, "Letting some facts be known, the Onset Pier parking facility entails approximately 1500 seasonal man hours".  You are wrong by approximately 200 hours. That's a lot!  Mr. Onset stated that he had heard no one suggest any other seasonal salaried employee was involved.  He is correct again, but all YOU had to do was ask at the town hall to see the records for persons employed at the Onset Pier Parking Lot as an attendant.  YOU could have asked the police chief, even though he probably couldn't give you that answer off of the top of his head!  YOU could have asked anyone that works on the Viking, the fishing boats or the Harbor Master's office, but YOU obviously didn't because you think you know how well the parking lot runs, after only two days.  My, you must be a genious.  Perhaps you are overqualified for that job.  You do not know what it takes to operate the pier successfully.

Chief Stanley is given the credit for this change at the Onset Pier.  He is a fool.  RBWatchdog, you should be careful of what you write.  You may be next on his hit list, as was Mrs. Florindo.  Fact:  when Chief Joyce ran the pier, salaries came from the police department budget.  For the last several years, an agreement was reached to reimburse the P.D. for salaries from the operating expenses of the pier.  I do not know - for fact - that the tickets, machines, etc. used to run the pier came from this budget.  MY belief is that this comes directly from the income of the Onset Pier Parking Lot.  Every cent after that goes directly into the "ONSET PIER PARKING METER FUND", which is controlled by the TA and the BOS.  This is the 3rd year with new gate boxes and ticket box.  The old ones were an eyesore and forever breaking down, having been through flooding and hurricanes and feeling the brunt of salt water damage.  Unless PT Chief Stanley has made a "deal" with his buddy, the TA, he has no right to use this revenue unless he goes to town meeting with a request, as M.M. does.  For your information, the walking and bike cops made more per hour than anyone who worked at the parking booth!  Tickets have a time stamp and they correspond with the time on the register tape.  This is how you find an error.  These items are submitted to the police Lt. in charge, along with the deposit slip for the day.  Late night bank deposits were made by the evening attendant.  NO POLICE OFFICERS WERE EVER ALLOWED TO HAVE COMPLETE ACCESS OR AUTHORITY OVER DEALINGS OF THE PIER INCLUDING HANDLING MONEY!!!!  I would assume, by the way you speak that Sgt. Walsh, who is in charge of special events, may be in charge of the money.   Hmmm.  You make mention that the WPD is assuming full accountability for the parking revenues and subsequently appropriating it correctly.  Why do I get the sense that someone may have told you otherwise.  The P.D. never rec'd cash from the pier - it was deposited nightly.  They never TOUCHED THE CASH.  The only appropriating done was through a deposit slip to the Town of Wareham, Onset Pier Parking Meter Fund.  How can the PD appropriate $ that doesn't belong to them.  It would be easy to assume, by your words, that either it was pilfered in the past or the TA has made a deal with the chief.  By the way, PT Chief Stanley was very upset at the budget meeting, when he was told to cut his budget.  If the TM members did not vote to appropriate $ for the new cruisers, it would have had to come out of his budget.  Another point is that Onset has had the best walking and bike officers ever!  By cutting 3 workers at the pier, who were dedicated workers does not bring more officers to the street.  That money comes from his budget and the pier money should NOT be going into his budget.  If that is the case, where do you or how do you figure that the revenue from the pier will be applied to the past, present and future of the Onset Pier Parking Lot?

I think that you have a lot to learn.  Mrs. Florindo does not have her job at the Onset pier, along with the other attendants because of a personal vendetta by P.T. Chief Stanley and his little stoolies.  End of Story.

#35 2010-06-01 03:20:18

RBWatchdog, you believe that 3 people losing their jobs is good for the town, especially if it comes from P.T. Chief Stanley.  The town is saving money, you say.  Well, the town's pier operation and one other agency in town are self supporting AND bring in revenue to the town.  Your volunteering has left three people with no job.  Does this not bother you?  This money does not supply additional officers.  What does it take to get that through your brain?  The only way this could happen would be a behind the curtains deal with the TA.  Doesn't this bother you?  Nothing was in the newpaper about this, unless it was in Slager's rag.  Where is the transparency that we all want to see?  How did you get this job?  I didn't notice it in the newspaper, although I may have missed it.  Are you one of the volunteers from the Crime Watch Office.  Mr. Coleman will be a detriment to the good public relations that the past three salaried employees had with the general public.  His record with finances leads little to be desired if the rumors are correct with the Brinks Co. and he has also used his temper to intimidate people in Onset with his parking gestapo.  This I have seen in person and is NOT a rumor.  God help Onset.

Years ago, the Onset Pier had parking meters.  The persons collecting this money were not depositing the correct amount taken in.  No accountability.  Three people ran the booth in the exact same manner.  That way there were no mistakes.  There was a definate check and balance system.

I have volunteered for nine different organizations, three of which are world wide organizations and continue to do so for private organizations.  This doesn't include bake sales, cookie sales, etc. But.....not one time did I take a job away from someone that needed it.  Another question.  Who in God's name told you that the two days that the pier was open, it took in more money (and was recorded),  than in any previous year ever?  Who showed you the past records - P.T. Stanley or Coleman?  Read between the lines.

#36 2010-06-01 03:26:15

Thanks Bill, Dan , Mr. Onset, iliveinazoo, bbrady, ihateliz, TMVoter, Dick and even you Liz.

#37 2010-06-01 07:01:52

Beach Plum:  With the exception of getting on my knees, hands folded, begging for forgiveness, my, for lack of a better term, argument holds true.  When dealing with a bunch of left wing nut job bloggers however the last thing I will ever do is beg. You must break a few eggs to make an omelet and in case you haven't noticed the chicken coop is beginning to run dry. What you term as "qualified" I term as capable. I can only express my gratitude to my maker in that I am not "qualified" enough to hold one hand out while the other hand is busy pointing and crying foul like these looney lefties. I myself however choose the option of being able to look myself in the mirror while saying I've done my best. As for continuing to "blog" about the volunteer efforts and/or Politics involving the pier I now leave it to fate and fact which I am quite certain will become public knowledge soon enough. God bless!

#38 2010-06-01 07:26:47

That doesn't make any sense.  Now you know our politics?

Some day when you have given a lot of time and effort, and you have done your "best," and someone screws you anyway, then you might understand some of what people here are talking about. And further, if they accuse you of taking the pier money, or Slager does, even though you can prove it is impossible--- you are getting the idea of how some volunteers must have felt. 

Good luck!

#39 2010-06-01 07:59:06

My God what is wrong with you people?!?  Do you have to be hit in the head with a picket sign like in Greece or Spain?  Evidently none of you will be happy until every city and town goes broke and the rate of taxes you pay are in the 30 percentile.  Great way to defend Ms Florindo folks - NOT!!!

tmvoter:  You know nothing about me, the "time and effort" I've "given", the "best" that I have to offer, or the "screw"ings I've taken in my life.  I certainly hope the daggers you like to throw around are as sharp as your wit so that nobody actually gets hurt.  Talk about having "blinders on"!!!!!  By all means throw your arms up in failure and cower in a corner waiting for one of these nut jobs to help you - you've got a long wait!

I am done with you COWARDS!!!!!

#40 2010-06-01 08:04:48

MAYBE IF ANDREWS HAD NOT PADE HIS FREIND 30K OVER THE ADVERTISED PRICE FOR THE BUILDING INSPECTORS JOB THERE WOULD BE MONEY FOR RUNNING THE PIER, IF THE SELECTMAN HAD NOT HAD A COMPUTOR AUDIT ON TOWN EMPLOYEES  THERE WOULD BE MONEY , IF THE SELECTMAN ESPECIALLY JANE AND BRENDA HAD NOT SEWED THE LIBRARY AND SENT A TON OF MONEY TO KOLPMEN AND PAGE THERE WOULD BE MONEY , I WILL DO MY BEST TO SEE THE DEFEAT OF JANE AND BRENDA AT THE POLES NEXT APRIL , SORREY WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE WINDOW IN THE MORNING I THINK YOU WILL SEE A JOB STEELER ,A SCAB , AND MORE THAN LIKELY ONE OF JANES FREINDS , I AM SORREY VOULTEERS SHOULD ASSIST EMPLOYYES AND NOT REPLACE THEM ,YOU ARE NOT ETHICAL, .                   AND ONE MORE THING ANDREWS IS THE ONE DOING THE BIDDING OF JANE AND BRENDA PLACING THERE FREINDS AS VOULENTEERS TO BE SPYS ON TOWN WORKERS  TO CONTOL THE TOWN  AND REPORT BACK TO THEM ,  IF I WERE A SELECTMAN I WOULD VOTE TO FIRE ANDREWS , LAWRENCE IS BANKRUPT AND THERE IS A GRAND  JURY INVESTIGATING THINGS IN LAWRENCE.

#41 2010-06-01 08:10:06

I AM NOY A COWARD AND I AM SURE YOU ARE ONE OF JANES AND BRENNDAS BUM KISSERS, PUKER UP BABY,

#42 2010-06-01 09:34:01

RBWatchDog wrote:

My God what is wrong with you people?!?  Do you have to be hit in the head with a picket sign like in Greece or Spain?  Evidently none of you will be happy until every city and town goes broke and the rate of taxes you pay are in the 30 percentile.  Great way to defend Ms Florindo folks - NOT!!!

tmvoter:  You know nothing about me, the "time and effort" I've "given", the "best" that I have to offer, or the "screw"ings I've taken in my life.  I certainly hope the daggers you like to throw around are as sharp as your wit so that nobody actually gets hurt.  Talk about having "blinders on"!!!!!  By all means throw your arms up in failure and cower in a corner waiting for one of these nut jobs to help you - you've got a long wait!

I am done with you COWARDS!!!!!

You sound like a condescending, self-righteous, pompous douche-bag...What makes you think you have any idea what the folks who blog here do, as far as donating their time (or money). Tell it to Bobo and the tin-hats...You view "us" as cowards? Who the hell gives a shit what you think? Why don't you "volunteer" to go fuck yourself? (oops, did I "prove a point" by using dirty words? GOOD..) Have a nice life, Asshole.

TBW
P-SPAN

#43 2010-06-01 09:42:35

RBWatchDog begged for banning and that's what I gave him.

#44 2010-06-01 10:27:48

RB Watchdog first I would like to thank you and anyone else who volunteers their time for Wareham or any non profit in town. What is the name of your volunteer group?  Can any age volunteer for your group?  Would you have volunteered if you had known someone would be loosing their job?

To my fellow bloggers using volunteers, using seniors from senior work off programs and I’m sure down the line totally eliminating departments, and hiring outside contractors for maintenance etc is the new reality for towns and cities. It is difficult to accept but some small towns only have fireman and police as employees all other jobs are contracted out. I’m not saying this policy is good or bad, like I said it seems to be the new reality for running a town.

RB, the first thing I noticed when I first visited this site was how smart the people on this site are and how much information they can gather.  Whenever you want the FACTS about something that is going on in town all you have to do is ask. Your first post implied that the money saved by using volunteers allowed for more policemen. Immediately my fellow bloggers pointed out that the money collected at the pier didn’t pay for the police. You never ACKNOWLEDGED that FACT. As on any blog and especially this blog you have to learn how to go point for point. A blog isn’t a tea party, sometimes we totally disagree with each other sometimes there is some name calling. I’m not quite sure why you called ALL of us a bunch of cowards and then said you weren’t going to blog anymore. It’s kind of like a little kid yelling a bad word at someone and then running home to hide behind his mom or dad.

There have been some employees in town that have lost their jobs or quit because they have disagreed with the people in control. Do you think town employees should be afraid to express their opinions for fear of loosing their jobs? I think some of the outrage expressed about Linda loosing her job is more about the vindictiveness of certain people in control rather than the use of volunteers. I don’t know if it was offered but wouldn’t it have been nice if those seasonal workers that lost their jobs were given the chance to volunteer at their old jobs? Were they given the option of volunteering?

RB there are a lot of people on this blog who have volunteered and continue to volunteer and support the non profits in town.

#45 2010-06-01 11:38:16

It bothers me that Linda and company lost their jobs.  Previously it seems we had a self-sustaining operation that helped employ some of our neighbors in these difficult times.  How do people feel about taking to the streets over this issue... say picketing the Pier volunteers that took these jobs away?

#46 2010-06-01 11:58:04

The "have you volunteered" argument is a red herring.  Everyone knows that if you have ever voiced disagreement with the former dictatorship, then you will not be allowed to be a town volunteer or be appointed to any boards or committees. 

The town is losing out on people willing to donate their time for no reason other than they didn't support the former board of selectmen.

Last edited by Hamatron5000 (2010-06-01 11:58:26)

#47 2010-06-01 12:23:28

let me no mr onset and i will be there with my picket sign

#48 2010-06-01 16:15:57

Thanks for flushing the toilet, Bill.

#49 2010-06-02 08:53:13

RBWatchDog and the other moles that attempt to enter this site are quickly discovered. One big tip off is the word "coward". That word is used by the troll and his brilliant minions a lot. I guess it offends them if someone calls them a coward. I haven't seen anyone offended by being called a coward since I was a kid.
If one is worried about being a coward, one only has to go into some sort of combat situation. A cop, military person, or even a boxer finds out if he or she has courage when confronted with adversity.
It seems to me the troll and his buddy the Doctor of nonsense are worried, deep down inside, that they are cowards and have no guts. I personally agree with them, but they need to know that we are not affected by it. We are not cowards, no one on this site is a coward, and we are not a bunch of phony, time wasting, malcontent, hateful assholes like the other side. We don't have the time or energy to entertain assholes.
Bill W's asshole radar is better than anyone else's. It didn't take him long to see through RB....never really does. Bill W is not a coward either.
Why don't you assholes just keeping writing and posting on the troll's nonsensical  site and sneak a few comments into the Wareham Week site, letters to the various papers (legitimate), etc.
No one listens to you...no one cares what you say...no one considers your opinions. It is obvious you are over.
You have no power, no input and no control.
Time to head home.
Stay away from us.

#50 2010-06-02 20:56:48

I just rec'd a copy of Slager's article entitled, TAKE THE BALL AND RUN WITH IT.    Amusing if it wasn't such a lie.  He says to "SPEAK OUT ABOUT LIES SPEWED BY TAKE BACK WAREHAM'S POLITICAL GROUP".  Mr. Slager, I am not a card carrying member of any group except A.A.R.P.   I do agree with TBW's general philosophy.  Perhaps you should read what they write with an open mind and not tunnel vision.  It may increase your newspaper sales.

Mr. Slager wrote:  "THE RECENT NONSENSE ABOUT A WOMAN LOSING HER SUMMER JOB AT THE ONSET PIER IS BEYOND MERE DISTORTION".  Mr. Slager, you don't have a real job, but you do have financial backers, some from California and your wife.  Perhaps Mrs. Florindo needs that job.  No one from your office has ever contacted her to hear her side of the story.  Please, don't try now, as it is too late.       He goes on to say, "HERE'S WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED".  Countless times in the past you have printed similar phrases.  The point being, that you DO NOT know what really happened.  You are either making this up or you are listening to the wrong people.  We all know you have done this before.  You condemn TBW for, in your opinion, telling only one side of the story.  So let it be known that I am now condemning your article for the same reason.

You said that, "DURING A STRATEGY SESSION WITH HIS OFFICERS, STANLEY DISCUSSED THE POSSIBILITY OF ELIMINATING PAID SUMMER EMPLOYEES AT THE ONSET PIER PARKING BOOTH, FILLING THOSE POSITIONS WITH VOLUNTEERS AND USING THOSE SAVINGS FOR EXTRA BIKE PATROLS."   Unless the town has changed it's policy without telling the voters of Wareham, Stanley can NOT use that money for his department unless it is presented to the voters as an article in the town meeting warrant.  However, at the last town meeting, we voted to authorize the Community Events Committee to expend $53,725.00 to be solely used for the continuing support and assistance of community events, projects, activities, "SERVICES", programs and "PUBLIC IMPROVEMENTS"  which are of mutual interest to residents and visitors to the Town.  Funds drawn - 70% from the Hotel/Motel Tax and 40% from the Parking Meter Fund.  This could be covered under day to day business. This could be where Stanley's extra patrolmen's salaries are coming from.  And who do you think was responsible for properly running the Onset Pier Parking booth, which brought in that revenue?   I bet he could get a few people to volunteer their services as walking and bike patrol officers.  Do you suppose Stanley even tried this?

You said that, "STANLEY HAD MERELY BROUGHT THE TOPIC UP FOR DISCUSSION.  NO OFFICIAL DECISION HAD BEEN REACHED".  If no decision had been reached, then why did the officer, who has been in charge of the pier for over 20 years, receive an email stating volunteers would be manning the Onset Pier booth this year?  The "ticket taker" (the correct name is parking lot attendant) had called this officer to see when the pier would be opening for the season.  He had no answer.  The attendant asked him to let her know when a decision was made.  As a "COMMON COURTESY" - something Mr. Slager or Mr. Stanley would know nothing about - the officer phoned her with the news.  That call was not underhanded, nor a lie.  It was simply a courtesy call to someone who always gave 110% to that job.

Slager, you wrote:  "OF COURSE, ONE OF STANLEY'S OFFICERS TOLD THE ''TICKET TAKER'', WHO IN TURN INFORMED CARA WINSLOW OF THE SITUATION.  INSTEAD OF QUESTIONING ANDREWS AHEAD OF TIME, WINSLOW AMBUSHED HIM DURING A SELECTMEN'S MEETING, ASKING IF ANY SEASONAL EMPLOYEES WOULD HAVE THEIR JOBS ELIMINATED FROM THE PIER.  ANDREWS, NOT KNOWING THAT STANLEY WAS CONSIDERING THAT OPTION, SAID HE DIDN'T BELIEVE SO".  First of all, Mr. Slager, Mrs. Florindo posted her status on facebook, not on the observer site.  She received a phone call asking her to call Mrs. Winslow and see if she heard about this.  Mrs. Winslow was called.  She did not know about this action and stated she would ask at the next meeting, which she did.  It was "NOT" an ambush - there were no cowboys and Indians hiding behind the chairs.  She asked a question, as any "GOOD" selectperson would do.  Why talk to Andrews behind the scenes?  She wants everyone listening to know what is going on and I applaud her for that.  Maybe Mr. Andrews didn't know!

You stated, Mr. Slager, that:  "THE HATEBLOGGERS THEN SPENT WEEKS ACCUSING ANDREWS OF BEING A LIAR WHEN IN FACT HE HAD BEEN SET UP BY WINSLOW AND THE TBW CREW".  A fact that you obviously don't know and your moles in town hall didn't tell you, is that a request was made by Mrs. Winslow and Mr. Andrews to meet with Mrs. Florindo.  Unfortunatly, she was very ill for two weeks and unable to leave her home.  "NOW" - do you understand why people don't believe you.  "YOU" are the liar, Mr. Slager.  "YOU" obviously missed out on this one.  Go to your corner and pout! 

Another comment from you, Mr. Slager.  "ONE OF THE ''TICKET TAKERS'' IS A DIE HARD TBW SUPPORTER.  SO THE NEW SPIN IS THAT THIS WOMAN HAD HER POSITION ELIMINATED OUT OF SPITE BECAUSE OF HER POLITICAL AFFILIATION.  For your information, there is no new "spin" and do you know if the other two attendants are TBW supporters?  You aren't a very good reporter Mr. Slager.  The only "spin" going on is in your head.  Mrs. Florindo is a life long Wareham resident.  She wants what is best for her town.  She is very independant and needs no group to follow her conscience.  You should try that some day!  Mrs. Florindo believes that she has been rightfully critical of P.T. Chief Stanley and two of his, excuse me - "suck ups".  That is why she lost her job.  Plain and simple.  And, if Mr. Stanley says he has never met her, he is lying.  Another statement you made:  "I ASKED ANDREWS ABOUT ALL THIS A FEW WEEKS AGO.  HE SAID HE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF THIS WOMAN BEFORE".  This is true, but if you had asked him last Tuesday, he would have told you that he had since heard about her.

You should know by now that Mrs. Winslow is nobody's "tool" and you had better remember that before picking a battle.  By the way, I resent you using that word in the same sentence as her name.

Mr. Slager, now you are saying:  "THESE PEOPLE (who are these people - name them) WANT ANDREWS GONE, STANLEY GONE (we can only pray) AND BRING BACK CINDY (did you pick her name out of you jacket pocket?) PAROLA, IRVING WALLACE (who hasn't gone anywhere, yet).  THEY WANT TOWN ACCT. ZALESK GONE SO THEY CAN BRING BACK BLISS."  Your buddy BRWatchdog was banned because of his lies and misuse of the site, not because he called people cowards.  Sticks & Stones!  We have been called worse.  TBW people are not playing a game.  But, I will tell you that anyone who goes against your play pals, Brenda, Jane, and Stanley - they now have a large target on their back.   It is called retribution. Punishment for wanting what is best for Wareham.  Mrs. Florindo belongs to NO group.

#51 2010-06-02 21:06:36

bravo to you beach plum for telling slager what the truth is and i agree with you.

#52 2010-06-02 21:31:09

Beach Plum, thank you for setting the record straight. As most of my blogging friends know, my husband and Mrs. Winslow's husband have become quite good pals over the past few months as they share a passion for gardening and fishing. While he was here this morning dropping off pansies that were left over he mentioned that he didn't understand one thing, if Mr. Andrews didn't know the answer to the question, why not just say "I don't know but I'll get that info to you."?

#53 2010-06-02 22:07:00

Good for you, Beach!!

#54 2010-06-02 22:14:00

ihateliz, thank you ~ you just made me feel warm and fuzzy, or maybe that's from the glass of "milk" I poured myself after the book I just wrote.

iliveinazoo, thank you also.  I personally think that Mr. Andrews, being new to the town, may have not wanted to look like he was left out of the loop.  He never answers a question directly, but I have a gut feeling that he honestly didn't know what Stanley was planning.  Kevin Walsh is the person you go to (instead of Lt. Wallace) if you want to plan an event in town.  I can't think of anything nice to say about him or his pal, Karl.  These two have been printing out anything I write here or on fb and giving them to the PT Chief.  I'm sure that when the opportunity came to them, they used it to their advantage.  I have so much more that I could tell, but it isn't the right time.  I heard that they had to get a wrecker to pull them out of the chief's ass, that's how close they are. lol.

Cara Winslow rocks!

#55 2010-06-02 22:14:27

danoconnell wrote:

Good for you, Beach!!

Thank you, Dan!

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com