#1 2010-05-07 05:58:59

I KNOW YOU ARE PROBALY WORKING ON THIS BUT THE LIBRARY NEEDS A NEW HEAD LIBRIAN AND THE FREINDS NEED TO MEET AT THE LIBRARY.

#2 2010-05-07 07:38:58

IHL: You are absolutely right. Wareham's need for a  librarian is critical. The problem, however, isn't just to find a director, but to find someone with the professional librarian "know how" and the people skills  in combination with  great intelligence,raw courage and high energy.  ( A General Petraeus with an MA in Library Science comes to mind!)  There are people out there who could do it IF there is the guarantee of support from a Town Hall  leadership team committed to restoring the reputation The Wareham Free Library had earned under an administration that was treated with vengeance and unspeakable cruelty.  Then you have to add this: All of the morale problems created by the scorched earth campaign of the former BOS have not just been preserved...they are expanding daily. 

I suspect that the real problem isn't finding the "right person", but to find  a person who can be given a clear guarantee that The Town of Wareham wants the best and is willing to start the long road back....and make no mistake about it folks ....the reputation of The Wareham Free Library is in tatters.  If we found the right person tomorrow it would still take years to mend the  damage that has been done . 

I'll bet my best kayak that the new blood on the BOS is working on this.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com