#1 2010-05-05 07:15:24

Did we get a little glimpse of why Savageau has pushed so hard for this project?..surely, he could care less about seniors or anyone else in Town..when he mentioned "financial planners" would tell us what a great proposal this is, a bell went off in my head..does anyone else believe that this unemployed windbag couldn't somehow personally benefit from this project happening??..I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him..

#2 2010-05-05 08:56:46

I too have often wondered why Bruce Savageau has spoken so enthusiastically about Westfield over the years.  Now we all know his record speaks for itself, but Westfield is something else.  We all have had pet causes at some time in our lives and spoke or defended our cause with determination.  Savageau has taken that to a very high level and in my experience there is usually something behind it that we may know nothing about.  Could it be some type of incentive, a future employment position, a financial incentive ??  I just don’t know…………there is something more to his story……………I smell something very FISHy.

#3 2010-05-05 09:22:18

Quahog wrote:

I too have often wondered why Bruce Savageau has spoken so enthusiastically about Westfield over the years.  Now we all know his record speaks for itself, but Westfield is something else.  We all have had pet causes at some time in our lives and spoke or defended our cause with determination.  Savageau has taken that to a very high level and in my experience there is usually something behind it that we may know nothing about.  Could it be some type of incentive, a future employment position, a financial incentive ??  I just don’t know…………there is something more to his story……………I smell something very FISHy.

I'm not a big believer in conspiracy theories, nor do I think it usually appropriate to speculate on unknown motives as drivers of behavior.  I try to accept people at face value; it's a much more pleasant world when one isn't always wondering what's behind the mask. 

Yet the pure doggedness of the supporters' general approach to this  (FOUR Town Meeting articles?), combined with the refusal last night of one selectman in particular to accept the vote and the accompanying hysterical reaction of Mr. Slager, certainly will give rise to speculation well outside the bounds of the purely political.

#4 2010-05-05 10:40:06

My view is Westfield is Bruceys and Brendas Legacy project. This is how they will memorialize themselves.

#5 2010-05-05 10:47:19

I think money talks and legacies walk in this case, Merlin.

#6 2010-05-05 11:02:39

The legacies of Wareham Politicians are written in the sands of Swifts Beach.

#7 2010-05-05 12:44:48

What is Michael Schneider's background?  Who is his employer?  He said last night that he had spent 17 years developing low-income housing. Is he merely an interested bystander for the Westfield project?  He appears very sincere, but cynical ole me is suspicious of anyone being that passionate about a subject that has no impact on his personal well-being.  Does he just do research on any subject that BOBO supports?

#8 2010-05-05 12:49:56

Someone told me that EA Fish had a table setup about Westfield/their bid...What's up with that?? Fishier and Fishier..

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
P-SPAN

#9 2010-05-05 13:17:27

The table also held handouts from Move Wareham Backwards. I have an issue with a political group doing that. There should have been a rebuttal to that non-sense.

#10 2010-05-05 15:01:13

Can someone who knows the full history here explain why a 50 or 58 or however many unit apartment development would need 18 acres of that land, when Agawam Village sits on less than 6 acres?

#11 2010-05-05 16:17:36

Petethemeat wrote:

Can someone who knows the full history here explain why a 50 or 58 or however many unit apartment development would need 18 acres of that land, when Agawam Village sits on less than 6 acres?

the 5 bids varied in number of units roughly around 185 units..

#12 2010-05-05 16:23:45

185 units?  Wow, guess I had that number wrong by just a wee bit!

But even more reason not to dive right in on this.

#13 2010-05-05 16:47:08

Petethemeat wrote:

185 units?  Wow, guess I had that number wrong by just a wee bit!

But even more reason not to dive right in on this.

you are correct it will be managed for 5 years then it is turned over to the town to take care of plowing mowing trash water sewer etc. also all the other landlord duties broken windows clogged up sinks you get the picture

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com