#1 2010-05-04 19:20:14

For all the huge salaries in TA, his buttmonkey, administrative secretaries, BOS, FINCom, etc., are you going to tell me no one checks for typos?  Article 8, first one of the night, has some!  Unbelievable... can you spell BOBO???

#2 2010-05-04 19:40:53

what do you REALLY think the Town Clerk is doing on the computer behind Andrews??  Probably monitoring us here!!!

#3 2010-05-04 19:42:33

Someone shut that wicked skanky broad up.... she was even ignoring the moderator.... no respect!! 

I vote no more Brenda, I vote that she re-think talking to me with her hands on her hip, and I vote euthenasia!

#4 2010-05-04 19:45:47

Look at those friggin man boobs on Sauvageau.  Why is he explaining things? Sit down, shut up and let the real people who are elected talk.

#5 2010-05-04 20:07:29

When did fed money come into westfield . Did i miss something.

#6 2010-05-04 22:39:29

kinsailman wrote:

When did fed money come into westfield . Did i miss something.

I remember hearing it and understood when it was said, but too tired to remember now I guess.  I think for the first time tonight I heard about us having to put up $50,000.   Maybe this study isn't so bad after all.  I want to hear more about the rental scales - 25.00 a month to 500.00 per month for seniors, who I am told are below poverty level?  If this does pass, it should be for Wareham resident's only, but I believe that you can't do that if even one cent of federal money is used.  You have to open it to first come, first served.  So again, our number of citizens would rise (out of towners), the units will be filled and we will still have our seniors without affordable housing.  If the numbers rise, so will the more units we will need.  Endless.

#7 2010-05-04 22:56:22

You are right. there is no protection if fed money is used. and there are more on  the fed waiting list that Just Wareham that is what the BOS is not telling. and do not have control of. you need to dig down to the base. andthere is one. The town Housing Athority should know why. that is ther job state and fed.

#8 2010-05-04 23:22:27

Beach Plum wrote:

Maybe this study isn't so bad after all.

Not so bad?  Try grrrrreat!

Ervin Russell's amendment to form a study committee to report to Fall Town Meeting means we won't see this thing in binding form for another year, at the earliest.  That's something that I doubt the supporters of the proposed development bothered to think about when they voted lockstep in favor of it.

Oops!

Last edited by Petethemeat (2010-05-04 23:24:17)

#9 2010-05-04 23:36:47

PTM - I only meant that I wish it was voted down and we would be done with it, but I guess that's just a pipe dream.  Who is the appointing authority?

#10 2010-05-04 23:52:48

Beach Plum wrote:

Who is the appointing authority?

Claire, Jane and Paulsen (unless another chair is chosen soon)..I think it is.

As far as Schneider's numbers..cause I know someone "over there" will read this..back those up..You have a website..are they posted already..if not..let's see 'em..I'll even throw in a "pretty please"

..As I recall..even the "best" bid was nowhere near the "$25/month" he claimed..Explain it to me slowly Mike9f..

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
P-SPAN

Last edited by P-SPAN (2010-05-04 23:53:24)

#11 2010-05-04 23:56:24

Beach Plum wrote:

PTM - I only meant that I wish it was voted down and we would be done with it, but I guess that's just a pipe dream.

Unfortunately all it takes is one person to file a warrant article, so you can never kill it altogether.

Beach Plum wrote:

Who is the appointing authority?

I believe it consists of the Moderator, Chairman of the Selectmen, and Chairman of the FinCom.

#12 2010-05-05 00:00:16

The proper study, as I believe John Decas said, would be to make comparisons.

#13 2010-05-05 00:07:32

Well, a few of us talked about having a committee appointed to decide a course of action on Westfield a few days ago on here. Maybe that'll be done now. Mr. Decas made a great point (IMO) to broaden the scope..beyond "Westfield" for senior housing in Wareham. Also, if it is just Westfield they're going to look at..I hope they look at other uses for that property, that may be supported by TM voters..when it does come back around. Fifth times a charm.

TAKEBACKWAREHAM
P-SPAN

#14 2010-05-05 06:18:13

The Move Wareham Backwards group had a handout last night, if you read it you will see that the $25.00 rents fall under Section 202 where it says Section 8. That means that the renter has to have a Section 8 voucher I believe. Those are issued by the federal government.

#15 2010-05-05 11:45:03

Iliveinazoo is correct. These people have section 8 vouchers. This means they pay what they are able to and the state puts up the rest. So if the rent is $500 and the section 8 pays $25, the state sends a check to the landlord for $475. The landlord does not loose anything, in fact they like section 8's because if the section 8 does not pay up on time they will loose their voucher and that rarely happens. The other section 8 voucher is a project specific one. That type belongs to the landlord (project) and does not move with the person as they move from place to place.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com