#1 2010-05-03 07:02:11

lets get there tonite and vote , look what we did at the election in april when we got out and voted.

#2 2010-05-03 07:07:00

By: robertslager on 5/2/10
There's a lot of people reading this site. In fact, we had nearly 27,000 visits last month. That almost twice as many as six months ago.

YET YOU COULDNT INFLUENCE ANYONE DURING THE ELECTION.

#3 2010-05-03 07:09:34

By: rsauvageau on 5/2/10

O.K. that's it for me folks. I am a witness in George Coleman's/Crime Watch trial tommorrow and I have to prepare my testimony. (I'm not the only one they have attacked in this town).

SO THIS IS THE LIFE OF THE UNEMPLOYED?

#4 2010-05-03 07:12:41

Well, now that you've brought it up, I agree onsetgirl. Charging for the Observer was a very difficult decision. Many people went to the web site after that, so I don't think we lost that many readers. But Wareham Week has flooded the area with free papers at an enormous cost (much more than they could possibily be making from advertising, in my opinion). But it was a factor in the election.

IM SORRY BOBO DID YOU MEAN TO SAY THE OBSERVER DID THAT? YOU PUT OUT THOUSANDS OF FREE PAPERS

#5 2010-05-03 07:40:30

IHATESLAGER wrote:

Well, now that you've brought it up, I agree onsetgirl. Charging for the Observer was a very difficult decision. Many people went to the web site after that, so I don't think we lost that many readers. But Wareham Week has flooded the area with free papers at an enormous cost (much more than they could possibily be making from advertising, in my opinion). But it was a factor in the election.

IM SORRY BOBO DID YOU MEAN TO SAY THE OBSERVER DID THAT? YOU PUT OUT THOUSANDS OF FREE PAPERS

Bobo was handing out freebies at Stop & Shop, I almost fell over laughing when I saw him there! And guess what Bobo, you had ZERO influence, except the incumbents connection to you didn't help them. Wareham had high voter turnout and Smith, Holmes and Winslow won by landslides. Get over it.

By the way, I want to point out that Jane is a member of EVERYTHING in town, should she just recuse herself from everything? Mr. Holmes belongs to the Friends, who cares, even without his vote last Tuesday it would have been 3-1-1. For Christmas I am going to get you a calculator Bobo.

One final note, Cara Pillsbury and Cara Winslow barely know each other, and I would guess that Mrs. Winslow is just trying to be pleasant to Eckstrom. Are you Bobo advocating for Mrs. Winslow to ignore Eckstrom? Whatever, just leave the Pillsbury's out of it, you have a problem with Winslow we know.

#6 2010-05-03 08:13:08

Jane Donahue is also a member of the Friends and has been for several years. So, I guess she shouldn't vote for anything dealing with the library if you go by that logic. I guess you would also have to say that she should NOT have been part of the litigation against the library since she voted to sue the Friends.

She did vote in favor of the handicapped whereas Brenda voted AGAINST the handicapped. It was a parking space on the street which means that ANY handicapped person, whether using the Spinney library or just wanting to go elsewhere in Onset would have been punished. Not very nice in my opinion.

#7 2010-05-03 08:17:03

Last time I knew, I thought Jane owned property in the Parkwood area, shouldnt she have recused herself from the sewer project votes and setting the betterment?

#8 2010-05-03 08:25:22

Nora, so Jane voted to sue an organization she belongs to? Wow. Bobo really doesn't do his friends any favors does he?

Also just to be clear with Bobo, WW has NOT confirmed your claim that the quotes from the RMV were incorrect. Just because you say so doesn't make it so. Actually when you say it, it is usually wrong.

Andrea, no one fails to correct misinformation more then the paper you so kindly volunteer your time for! Do I need to remind you about the Fire Chief? The one who had to issue a press release to correct the "statements" published in the great source for misinformation? I won't even mention how the TFHC interupted him during a family crisis to deal with their lunacy.

One more time, fire trucks in service have HOSES! Bobo here's your sign!

#9 2010-05-03 15:25:36

Not only that but during the deposition she told the lawyers she had been a member of the Friends on and off for many years and could produce canceled checks. (I have a copy of the deposition and I was there when she said it.)

Funny thing, I've been the membership coordinator for the past 17 years, and guess what? She only joined three years ago. Our lawyers were aware of it, of course,even when the litigation began and when they asked her the questions about membership in the Friends. (Good lawyers always know the answer to questions they are going to ask!!) Reminder--when you speak in a deposition, you are under oath!! (She also lied during the deposition about the trespass/defamation of the sign on our private property at Spinney, for which a police report was filed, remember??? Our lawyers knew the answer to that question too! Entertaining to say the least.)

And don't forget, when we got to the mediation session, the judge began by saying that since the Friends had a fully legal and enforceable contract with the town signed by the BoS and Friends, that the Friends could keep the $75,000 gift from the Trustees for Spinney and that we would not discuss the Friends issue at all as part of the mediation. We spent 10 hours mediating, and because of the judge's RULING, we didn't once mention the Friends or the $75K during the mediation.

So not only did she vote to sue an organization of which she is a member, the suit was completely improper. By the way, I filed a complaint with the MA Bar Overseers because K and P wrote the original contract and then wrote the claim to sue the Friends basically denying/ignoring what the original contract claimed. Another reason to dump K and P. Your tax dollars wasted once again.

Board footer

warehamwater.cruelery.com